5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Looks great! I recently installed the Bilsteins on my truck as well, and now I’m trying to decide what size tire I want to go up to. I think I’ve settled on 285/60R20s like you have. Can you possibly post some close-up photos of your truck and the wheel/tire combo?

Did you go with just the level? Here’s a quick one and will post more later. Better angles. Any specific angle you would like to see? The wheels are the Laramie sport. I liked the look but also because they are painted the same color as the truck.
401afd942615126fc96dfd7e682cc76e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you go with just the level? Here’s a quick one and will post more later. Better angles. Any specific angle you would like to see? The wheels are the Laramie sport. I liked the look but also because they are painted the same color as the truck.
401afd942615126fc96dfd7e682cc76e.jpg

Yeah just the level. I have the Off-Road Package on my truck so I had the Bilsteins set at notch 4.

Thanks for the photo! Maybe if you could take one including the wheel well arch/opening so I can see how the wheels/tires fills up the area. Thank you!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Yeah just the level. I have the Off-Road Package on my truck so I had the Bilsteins set at notch 4.

Thanks for the photo! Maybe if you could take one including the wheel well arch/opening so I can see how the wheels/tires fills up the area. Thank you!

You could have gone to #5 but with different ucas. I think a true 34” tire would fit better. I think right now it looks a bit on the small side but only if you’re really looking. I went with the 285/60r20 because I thought mpg wouldn’t have suffered as much and it’s a between the 33 and 34 but it’s the same. Plus the true 34” tires are cheaper than the 285/60r20s. I had a slight rub pre bilsteins. No rub now.

Last edited:

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Looks great! I recently installed the Bilsteins on my truck as well, and now I’m trying to decide what size tire I want to go up to. I think I’ve settled on 285/60R20s like you have. Can you possibly post some close-up photos of your truck and the wheel/tire combo?
What's your take on how the Bilsteins leveling kit changed the ride?

Spendo81

Reaction score
I opted to make one that would work w/ the seats folded up so it was a lower/easier jump for our 8½ year old Lab, he sits lower (more head room) and to protect the back seats. I also have a Du-Ha underseat storage box in the back, so the back part of the platform sits atop that along w/ the rear portion of the seat "frame."

It's 62" long x 29" wide x 3/4" thick plywood. It's not pressure treated plywood, so I used spray varnish to seal it a bit from liquids. I used spray adhesive to apply a 10mm thick, dense foam padding (from an exercise mat) then used a staple gun to attach the indoor/outdoor carpet over the padding and plywood.

I attached the (3) legs (5½" wide x 8" long x 3/4" thick) to the front side w/ hinges. I also used Velcro strips on the very bottom of each leg so they would stay folded to the bottom of the platform when not being used.

Good luck w/ your build!

View attachment 93043

View attachment 93048

View attachment 93047
Thank you! I look forward to doing this for my 11 year old pup!

GATORB8

Reaction score
Trucks due in next week (I hope) So I stopped by the stealer and ordered floor mats, bed mat, window deflectors, mud flaps, chrome toe hooks and the bezel kit. Buy the time the trucks here there wont be any gas to drive it so I'll have something to do.
FYI, if you don’t have stock hooks, there’s a concealed washer on the tow hook bolts. You’ll need to pound on them (or use a slide hammer) to get them out. It was easier to do with the front wheel liners removed.

ramwb

Reaction score
Installed the Opt7 redline triple led tailgate brake light bar. Used a curts adapter as well so I didn’t have to hardwire into reverse light in the tail light.
Hi @Rong can you send pictures of the wiring and a link to the OPT7 - i cannot find it on amazon - where did u buy yours.

YELOSUB

Reaction score
Got my windows tinted, 20% ceramic all around with a 5% visor strip...Black lugs should be here later today 🙏🏻 Also removed the front tow hooks, man what a PITA! I will be dropping them off today to get powder coated red 👍🏻 About the only other thing I plan on doing soon is getting a sprayed in bed-liner... 76CE5C61-3118-4456-8BFD-B306FE6974D5.jpeg 67201800-6180-4C3D-90B0-332941A564C6.jpeg EE0EEAC8-53BE-4A82-96E8-20FA108CD71B.jpeg E99FECD7-A923-4AEB-9414-8FE58EF6F174.jpeg

Last edited:

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
Just put in lasfit floor mats based on some reviews from here. I love them! I've only had weathertechs before and it always annoyed the crap out of me how slippery they were. These are a nice rubber, fit perfect, not slippery, and half the price of the weather techs!

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 111
  • back.jpeg
    back.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 111
U

User_63152

U

User_63152

New to the forum and Ram itself but loving it so far...Today I did my first official mod to the truck...Added the MGP Caliper Covers in red...Install was very simple, other than having to jack up the truck and remove each tire separately...I think they look pretty decent and add a nice little touch...Ordered Go Rhino RB20 running boards that should be here Friday and also ordered the color matched front bumper covers that should be there any time...I think I’m going to powder coat the front tow hooks red...Here are the pics of the caliper covers... View attachment 91733 View attachment 91734 View attachment 91735 View attachment 91736
Can you tell me if there is a certain product number for these covers? On CARiD, it asks what calipers are on the rear, alternate or standard. Which ones are these? I'm guessing standard, but I'd like to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online