5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the Roar Pedal. It took a while, because I ran the wire, to the controller, behind the switch bezel and I had to remove the panel below the steering wheel to reach behind there for a tidy connection. Zip tie accordingly.

And, I installed the Z Automotive Tazer DT. It was basically, unplug the SGW module and insert those connectors into the Tazer DT. Zip tie accordingly.

These, both, are easy enough to hook up, but, when you're a bigger guy, it's hard to get in that space in the driver's floorboard. LOL. And holding a flashlight and taking pictures while you're down there? Don't get me started. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.

Gotta lose some damn weight. LOL! :eek:

Anyway, the Roar Pedal thing definitely works! Holy crap! Was doing a few off the line runs and a few burnouts. LOL. Maybe it's just me, but, it seems to shift harder and possibly changes shift points. Not sure, I'll have to play around with is some more tomorrow. It is very touchy on the Sport,+ and Race modes. There is Normal (NO-), Eco (SA-), Sport (HA1-9), Sport+ (FU1-9) and Race (SU1-9) modes. :cool:

The Tazer DT seems to be working pretty well. I really haven't had time to fool with all the features. I was playing with the light shows freaking out my neighbor's dog, lol. I like the auto window up/down (on the fob, hit the unlock 5 times for down, hit the lock 5 times for up). There's all kinds of stuff you can do. I will see if there is a flash update from there website, tomorrow, to make sure I have the latest software version. :)

PLEASE READ TO INSTRUCTIONS! (Even though the Tazer DT doesn't come with any! LOL. You'll have to download the PDF file from the website). Don't just watch a YouTube video, like me. ;)

Didn't have any issues or check engine light for either product. (y)

I will update if there if I run into any problems.

Sorry the pics aren't better.
How exactly does the Roar pedal connect? I asked another guy before but never got a reply.

U

User_63152

How exactly does the Roar pedal connect? I asked another guy before but never got a reply.
There is a sensor cable connector at the top of the gas pedal bracket. You unhook that, then plug the Roar Pedal harness in it's place. The stock connector that initially plugged into the gas pedal bracket goes into the other connector on the Roar Pedal harness. (You can't mess it up, because the connectors for the Roar Pedal harness are different sizes. You would be able to tell once you were actually looking at the situation) Then, there's a wire that connects the controller. The controller comes with 3M double sided tape, so you can pretty much mount it anywhere you like. (See my controller mounting spot below)

It's plug and play. No setup. Funtime!

Oh, I do believe that the directions say to make sure your truck's ignition had been OFF for at least 15 minutes before installation.

Here's a video that's pretty good at explaining it. It's not exactly the same connector, but it's very close. Basically, the connectors are a little bigger and fancier on the new 2019+ Ram 1500.

Because we're special, dammit! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 3_6a09ab24-8657-4037-afcd-2d305b7eded5_800x.jpg
    3_6a09ab24-8657-4037-afcd-2d305b7eded5_800x.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 85
  • RP Switch b.jpg
    RP Switch b.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: c3k

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to say I absolutely love the multi function tailgate. Now I’m pretty tall, at 5’5” but even with my glorious wingspan sometimes it’s hard to reach over the tailgate to slide some heavier loads out. Not sure how you shorter folks live with the standard tailgate. The MFT is really a beautiful design and I think it’s super useful. That’s it... just wanted to share that.
View attachment 89775
I agree 100%, I’m 6’2” tho 😅:

04C77011-FC1A-4B9D-8144-735246DB9016.jpeg 1B262D5D-59D4-45D1-AF5E-3F487AB06E94.jpeg F3667766-487C-4C6A-A31D-0640DCE14037.jpeg

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One reason is because it's a !@#$% to get the vinyl to lay right when you are applying it to the Ram's tailgate. I had to apply mine wet and in 3 different sections to get it perfect.

I have the distressed flag theme throughout the truck, the vinyl on the tailgate seemed like a must.
View attachment 88837 View attachment 88838
View attachment 88840
Whereabouts did you get those Flag Decals (Sunroof, Tailgate, and Rear Sliding Window)? That is a beautiful spec truck.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a sensor cable connector at the top of the gas pedal bracket. You unhook that, then plug the Roar Pedal harness in it's place. The stock connector that initially plugged into the gas pedal bracket goes into the other connector on the Roar Pedal harness. (You can't mess it up, because the connectors for the Roar Pedal harness are different sizes. You would be able to tell once you were actually looking at the situation) Then, there's a wire that connects the controller. The controller comes with 3M double sided tape, so you can pretty much mount it anywhere you like. (See my controller mounting spot below)

It's plug and play. No setup. Funtime!

Oh, I do believe that the directions say to make sure your truck's ignition had been OFF for at least 15 minutes before installation.

Here's a video that's pretty good at explaining it. It's not exactly the same connector, but it's very close. Basically, the connectors are a little bigger and fancier on the new 2019+ Ram 1500.

Because we're special, dammit! :ROFLMAO:

Same thing as a Pedal Commander, Pedal Monster, or Sprint Booster.

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
One reason is because it's a !@#$% to get the vinyl to lay right when you are applying it to the Ram's tailgate. I had to apply mine wet and in 3 different sections to get it perfect.

I have the distressed flag theme throughout the truck, the vinyl on the tailgate seemed like a must.
View attachment 88837 View attachment 88838
View attachment 88840
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!

Kudos to you!!!!!

Where did you get the tailgate vinyl or did you have someone make it for you?

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Whereabouts did you get those Flag Decals (Sunroof, Tailgate, and Rear Sliding Window)? That is a beautiful spec truck.
Thank you sir!

Sunroof

Tailgate (not that easy to apply)

Rear Sliding Window (for a Chevy but I think it fits the Ram just fine)

I have more pics in this post:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you sir!

Sunroof

Tailgate (not that easy to apply)

Rear Sliding Window (for a Chevy but I think it fits the Ram just fine)

I have more pics in this post:
Thank you so much! I would love to do the same with mine but with a Great Britain Theme.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!

Kudos to you!!!!!

Where did you get the tailgate vinyl or did you have someone make it for you?

You can find it on the Amazon link above. If you read the reviews they are mostly negative, but I have a feeling they did what I did the first time around and installed it without applying water. My first application was a mess but I didn't want to give up. I bought a second one and used a lot of solution (water bottle mixed with a drop of dish detergent) and applied the stars as one section, the bottom half of the strips as another and finally the top half of the stripes.

I've had it about a year now and I see no signs of peeling. I also wash my truck often.

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered up the supplies for the first oil change which ill do around 5k. Went with PUP, royal purple filter and a FRAM cabin air filter.

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
You can find it on the Amazon link above. If you read the reviews they are mostly negative, but I have a feeling they did what I did the first time around and installed it without applying water. My first application was a mess but I didn't want to give up. I bought a second one and used a lot of solution (water bottle mixed with a drop of dish detergent) and applied the stars as one section, the bottom half of the strips as another and finally the top half of the stripes.

I've had it about a year now and I see no signs of peeling. I also wash my truck often.
I would be inclined to take it to a vinyl wrap place and let them deal with it (and also make the vinyl themselves) My assumption would be less than $100 total.......???

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
I would be inclined to take it to a vinyl wrap place and let them deal with it (and also make the vinyl themselves) My assumption would be less than $100 total.......???

If you are looking for custom vinyl taking it to a shop would be the thing to do although they would probably charge you an hourly rate to create the decals. I would be curious as well how much the service would be. Since I started doing these myself I feel like I got pretty good at it. I did my fender flares a few months back in brushed aluminum which was a little tricky but I think they look pretty nice.

_PXL_20201222_164940877.jpg

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Removed and painted the RAM emblem on grill and broke no tabs which was a win. All chrome emblems are now black or debagded, no more chrome!

Klicht87

Reaction score
I just want to say I absolutely love the multi function tailgate. Now I’m pretty tall, at 5’5” but even with my glorious wingspan sometimes it’s hard to reach over the tailgate to slide some heavier loads out. Not sure how you shorter folks live with the standard tailgate. The MFT is really a beautiful design and I think it’s super useful. That’s it... just wanted to share that.
View attachment 89775
I really enjoy mine too! I really didn't want it but It came with the combination of everything else I wanted on my truck. glad I got it along with the little step like you have.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What led bar is this? What are you running on the arduino? Something custom or is it based on wled or something?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
This is a Home Made Light Bar. Watching the Video and seeing the parts needed, I realized
that I already had everything Except the Silicone Tube and the Arduino Code.

You can download the Code from the links in his discription and the Silicone Tube:

I am using the WS 2815 LED Strip. They are 12V powered and have a second Data Line.
This is useful if an LED goes Bad. With the 2811/2812 series if a LED goes out the rest of the LEDs
down the line will not work either. The 2813 is a 5V powered version with the second Data Line too.

I need to work out how to get a separate Brake and Turn Signal Tapped Wire. I am looking at
1 or 2 Electronic Relays to make that happen.

He designed it for European Cars that have the Turn Signal separate and the Running and Brake Lights
in the Same Bulb.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread