5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I'm sure everyone admires it with the hood down all the time. Or do you pop open the hood and leave it parked in your driveway? :ROFLMAO:
Even better... I cut a giant hole in my hood so that you can see it at all times.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seeing the red in person is what convinced me to get it. I was sold on the silver night edition.
I was in the same thought, I wanted silver or grey, then I ended up settling on the Red, as every grey/silver truck was selling before I could make a deal. I did not see this truck in person till it was delivered to my house, once I saw it in person, I was in love and I am still glad the silver/grey trucks were not available :)

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put LED Headlights on the truck today. The look great!
1465aab7f4de3597919636d4ca583fa1.jpg
a1569dd1d4f16ff2177117c26573e80c.jpg
724c61716a1dd5b23e67aa6750aa5628.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Love it! And wow! the LED makers are so bright! (y)

Idaho970

Reaction score
Huge help and I think you've sold me on the extra cost. If it's going to cut down on the heat that would be huge. I think I've seen people were doing the 75-80% on the entire windshield, that's what I was curious about as well. I usually go with 35% for the front windows and limo tint in the back, but if I go with the ceramic maybe I won't go so dark in the back if it reflects the heat that well. Thanks again.

I've been using the same Mobile Tint guy for the last 7 years. Great pricing and he comes to my house to do the tint. He uses Solar Gard Vortex Ceramic. He even says it's too expensive lol.
I did 17% on the fronts and 35% on the rears on top of the privacy glass. Back looks darker, but all the same "tone" of black which is what I was wanting. then of course the 5% visor. I might end up doing the sunroof too to be honest...

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
Call me crazy but....I'm surprised I haven't seen something to take your eye away from the seam on the 60/40 multi-function tailgate. I LOVE the split tailgate and I wish I had it. The seam isn't a problem on the black trucks but wheew it's so gaudy on the light colored trucks. I think a vinyl like this would be great.....any other ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 196

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call me crazy but....I'm surprised I haven't seen something to take your eye away from the seam on the 60/40 multi-function tailgate. I LOVE the split tailgate and I wish I had it. The seam isn't a problem on the black trucks but wheew it's so gaudy on the light colored trucks. I think a vinyl like this would be great.....any other ideas??
wow that's actually a great idea... almost like the power wagon graphic but to distract from the tailgate gap. i have the MFT and the gap never bothered me... but that would look pretty slick

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I did 17% on the fronts and 35% on the rears on top of the privacy glass. Back looks darker, but all the same "tone" of black which is what I was wanting. then of course the 5% visor. I might end up doing the sunroof too to be honest...
I think in Arizona the legal tint for the fronts is 35%, so we can't go any darker than that. I like your idea though of going lighter in the rear since it already has privacy glass on it. It would be nice to have them all the same tone.

Idaho970

Reaction score
I think in Arizona the legal tint for the fronts is 35%, so we can't go any darker than that. I like your idea though of going lighter in the rear since it already has privacy glass on it. It would be nice to have them all the same tone.
I've never heard of an instance where darker tint has been a big issue. There's usually other "contributing factors" if you catch my drift...have a house in Scottsdale, and I don't think i've seen many cars around that have tint that isn't at least 17% or darker haha.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I've never heard of an instance where darker tint has been a big issue. There's usually other "contributing factors" if you catch my drift...have a house in Scottsdale, and I don't think i've seen many cars around that have tint that isn't at least 17% or darker haha.
I don't think many people get pulled over for it, but I did when I was a kid lol.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a good idea, though the split does not bother me.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
That is an great idea, think i will go with one of those hanging flag decals!

brotherGood

Reaction score
I was in the same thought, I wanted silver or grey, then I ended up settling on the Red, as every grey/silver truck was selling before I could make a deal. I did not see this truck in person till it was delivered to my house, once I saw it in person, I was in love and I am still glad the silver/grey trucks were not available :)
This particular truck got shipped up here from GA. (I'm in OH) as it seemed the only ones in my area were black, silver, or missing half of my "must haves"

When I went to pick it up we watched it pull up and my wife was instantly annoyed. Her blacked out GC was now second fiddle. It was the first time either of us had seen it, and she was none too thrilled that she had the lesser.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I'm sure everyone admires it with the hood down all the time. Or do you pop open the hood and leave it parked in your driveway? :ROFLMAO:
Actually opening your hood when you get home does have some advantages.

It dissipates heat from the engine quicker. ♨️

I installed a celling fan in my garage and use the heat from the engine in the winter to warm up the garage while I'm working.
It also helps dry up moisture that is brought in from the rain on the vehicles.

It also is a good idea if you don't want brittle wiring harnesses or connectors, not to mention all the plastic emissions parts.

I use to never do this in the past because the truck had a hood light which would drain the battery down while the hood was open. But these trucks; at least mine is not equipped with a hood light. 🔦

I also enjoy the view. :cool:

1617985835603.png

Last edited:

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
My current vehicle has Formula1 ceramic tint. Added it the summer I moved to GA (from NH). Wow, best thing I ever did to vehicle, and will be first thing I do to next vehicle (RAM).

Look over the energy rejection rates total, and IR, to see what works. I got talked into Pinnacle 35 on all windows with Stratos 70 on full windshield. Can't tell its there. Clear visibility even at night. AC went from running full blast to cool car on a sunny day to running on low all the time. I can't imagine what AZ summers would be like without a ceramic tint to cut down on solar energy doing into interior.

Talk to a good installer, or a couple to see what's out there. They know local laws, and what works, and can guide you. Best of luck.

JbVt

Reaction score
This particular truck got shipped up here from GA. (I'm in OH) as it seemed the only ones in my area were black, silver, or missing half of my "must haves"

When I went to pick it up we watched it pull up and my wife was instantly annoyed. Her blacked out GC was now second fiddle. It was the first time either of us had seen it, and she was none too thrilled that she had the lesser.
I hear that! I searched nationwide for my granite night edition with my must haves. Nothing even close to me(while east coast). This was last January before the covid craziness. Ended up ordering my truck from factory. I must say every time I see a flame red night edition I think maybe just maybe I should of picked red. Second the wife totally against the red. Maybe next truck...🤣

Users who are viewing this thread