5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Went and got a load of compost/cow sh*t for the garden.
6cffb6b5d7da011987b96ee7f1ea2f63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Hi,
I need some tune beacuse gear change is sometimes rough. After that it will be hard to see any difference. Modern LPG installations are controlled by separate computers, they have their own warranty and in case of my RAM it doesn't affect engine warranty (which AFAIK in EU is not real warranty from FCA).

It depends how many years ago You had it, now it is something like 4th or 5th generation of LPG.

BTW. I did not think that LPG is also used in the US . Where do You use it apart form Cop Cars? :)
Our police cars switched back to gasoline years ago.. now they are starting to try electric 😄. Not sure about the US but in Canada LP is still around, mostly in Fleet vehicles, but not too popular

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Other than Pick up the new truck today I installed the Hellwig Swaybar, Red Hound door Guards, the Limited console slider (will sell the Laramie console slider), Installed Tazer, and console organizer.
Have a pic and link to the door guards? I am trying to decide which ones to get or just go with a piece of ppf.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not literally today, but about two weeks ago, I put in Fuel Blitz 18x9 +1m offset wheels, with 305/60R18 Nitro Terra Grappler tires. I’ve never purchased after market wheels before, but I really like the way these turned out. The +1 offset (vs +19 stock) gives a bit more of an “aggressive” stance, without sticking way far out. In the words of my friend who helped put them on, my truck now looks like a real truck instead of a grandpa truck.

Also got a new Frontrunner rack for my rooftop tent, and lowered it below the bed. Still making up my mind about this setup.

I went with Terra Grapplers instead of Ridge Grapplers mostly because they are lighter (XL load rating instead of LT E/F), and they’re sufficient for my needs.

8ABCAA1B-208E-481C-8B63-ABD5B250290A.jpeg 93AD7D3E-A58C-4473-92DA-0938EF626F5F.jpeg

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a pic and link to the door guards? I am trying to decide which ones to get or just go with a piece of ppf.
They feel like a linex or rhino lining

Attachments

• 20210407_194105.jpg
    20210407_194105.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 20210407_194112.jpg
    20210407_194112.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210407_194119.jpg
    20210407_194119.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 179

Idaho970

Reaction score
Tinted the turn single with some Vvivid smoke vinyl. Color looks weird in the pictures.
Before:
22B080A9-4A52-46F2-97D8-7A7F81F6BCC9.jpeg
After:
43A6A06D-F45C-4616-9C21-6F9A9B35BEDD.jpeg 57EF2FE9-0780-4ECB-8D85-372E4E92056D.jpeg
Tempted to do the headlights...anyone have experience with vinyl tint on the LED headlights? How much does it darken the light?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not literally today, but about two weeks ago, I put in Fuel Blitz 18x9 +1m offset wheels, with 305/60R18 Nitro Terra Grappler tires. I’ve never purchased after market wheels before, but I really like the way these turned out. The +1 offset (vs +19 stock) gives a bit more of an “aggressive” stance, without sticking way far out. In the words of my friend who helped put them on, my truck now looks like a real truck instead of a grandpa truck.

Also got a new Frontrunner rack for my rooftop tent, and lowered it below the bed. Still making up my mind about this setup.

I went with Terra Grapplers instead of Ridge Grapplers mostly because they are lighter (XL load rating instead of LT E/F), and they’re sufficient for my needs.

View attachment 88572 View attachment 88573
H*ll with the tires...LOVE the tent!

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
They feel like a linex or rhino lining

Thanks, you just cost me 32.99! Those are just what I have been looking for, thanks for the link too, I looked on their website but did not see them. One more goodie in the garage waiting for the truck. I laughed when I saw all the things you did to your truck all at once then realized you just picked it up. I am considering taking a couple of days off work when I get mine just to do installs and tinker. I have a sub box and am going to ceramic coat it so I will have plenty to keep me busy.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
H*ll with the tires...LOVE the tent!
I’ve got kinda a love-hate relationship with this tent. On the love side, it’s super quick and simple to set up; 15 seconds to setup, about a minute to tear down (you’ve got to tuck everything back into the shell). The idea is, I can arrive at a trail head late on a Friday night, get an early start hiking Saturday morning, and thus get in more weekend backpacking trips.

But it’s a hit to the wallet! The tent itself was a chunk of change. Then I got the Front Runner rack, hoping it’ll do better than my previous rack (Yakima Overhaul HD). I do like the tent below the cab better than above it, but it hangs out about 15 inches beyond the rear bumper.

So that’s got me thinking of ordering a new Ram with a 6’4” bed. Not just because of the tent; I wanted the longer bed as soon as I realized I couldn’t fit the truck in my garage anyway (plus, I’d like a more loaded truck). But the tent makes it tempting. Might pull the trigger this week.

I’ve gotta admit, getting a new truck to accommodate a silly tent is pretty extreme!

TheMopars

Reaction score
How about posting your source for others?
I was waiting to make sure they don't cancel the order just like the other place. I'll post when it ships, hopefully tm. But I should have said as much in the post. I used them a lot for my Challenger and will also post the discount code, another 6% off I think. No tax either, just shipping.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, you just cost me 32.99! Those are just what I have been looking for, thanks for the link too, I looked on their website but did not see them. One more goodie in the garage waiting for the truck. I laughed when I saw all the things you did to your truck all at once then realized you just picked it up. I am considering taking a couple of days off work when I get mine just to do installs and tinker. I have a sub box and am going to ceramic coat it so I will have plenty to keep me busy.

I showed the wife after I put them on and she really liked them as they kind of blend in and seem rough enough for the kids getting in/out. By the time I got home from the dealership (about 3pm) we picked up my daughter from school, went and had ice cream, and then did the mods. SwayBar - 15 minutes, Limited Console swap - 10 minutes, Door Entry guard - 20 minutes, and Tazer I'm still playing with. Next 2 days get bigger things done (Tires and Tint).

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Tinted the turn single with some Vvivid smoke vinyl. Color looks weird in the pictures.
Before:
View attachment 88581
After:
View attachment 88583 View attachment 88582
Tempted to do the headlights...anyone have experience with vinyl tint on the LED headlights? How much does it darken the light?
I tried but failed. I did the side markers like you with no issue.. once I tried to do the headlight it wasn’t coming out good and I got frustrated.. have enough to try again but waiting for warmer weather which could help

Users who are viewing this thread