5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk why I'm debating to jump on this deal? Ia the 4th gen setup any different than the 5th gen?

SmartSelect_20210406-154501_OfferUp.jpg

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Started my color matching process on the interior trim. This is going to be a couple week project more than likely since I can’t afford to have my truck deconstructed for days at a time, should look pretty good once it’s all complete though
Looks awesome!

marcinbike

Reaction score
How does the truck perform with LPG? Years ago we had LPG on our police cars and they were horrible for get up and go. They tried LPG for a few years and then switched back to gas .. ran better and fewer repairs. Curious to know if technology has improved LPG performance. Also wondering if it voids the engine warranty?

Hi,
I need some tune beacuse gear change is sometimes rough. After that it will be hard to see any difference. Modern LPG installations are controlled by separate computers, they have their own warranty and in case of my RAM it doesn't affect engine warranty (which AFAIK in EU is not real warranty from FCA).

It depends how many years ago You had it, now it is something like 4th or 5th generation of LPG.

BTW. I did not think that LPG is also used in the US . Where do You use it apart form Cop Cars? :)

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
Also just got a Dee Zee bed mat in last night. wasn't supposed to be delivered until next Monday/Tuesday, but I got home yesterday & there it was!!!

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Installed yesterday, Go Rhino DSS rock sliders. Was going to go with the 6" GR steps, but thought this looked cleaner n less weight. Still gives enough of a step to make a little easier into cab. Love how it doesn't hang low taking up GC.

Recommend putting the front and mid bracket onto the side step before it goes onto the mounts, just take a tape messure and see how far apart they need to be roughly and dont tighten them down. Put the rear hanger onto the truck first though. I found this to be way easier with just myself putting it on and even with another set of hands i feel this is a easier way to not struggle trying to line everything up "floating" under the truck. after you get it on you can just secure each bracket with one of the washer/lock nut sets so it doesnt fall off. then take your time lining it up and tighten it down.

Attachments

• Side no DSS rails.jpg
    Side no DSS rails.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Side w DSS rails.jpg
    Side w DSS rails.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 142

GrayRam20

Reaction score
No, but its not that there is no difference in volume it is just that the head unit (in my truck at least) clips the signal after 26 volume. I checked every output when setting the gains on my LC7i and amps with an o-scope to confirm. Simply upgrading the 6x9's and adding a four channel amp will be ok if your not in search of that deep hard hitting bass. I often wonder if the PAC AMP Pro cleans up the radio signal and allows you to turn it up all the way which would justify spending close to $300.
I did find turning off the speed adjustment volume helped, but still need to clean up the sound with some new components in the doors. going to return the ANC bypass to amazon lol dont think itll help much with clarity .

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed yesterday, Go Rhino DSS rock sliders. Was going to go with the 6" GR steps, but thought this looked cleaner n less weight. Still gives enough of a step to make a little easier into cab. Love how it doesn't hang low taking up GC.

Recommend putting the front and mid bracket onto the side step before it goes onto the mounts, just take a tape messure and see how far apart they need to be roughly and dont tighten them down. Put the rear hanger onto the truck first though. I found this to be way easier with just myself putting it on and even with another set of hands i feel this is a easier way to not struggle trying to line everything up "floating" under the truck. after you get it on you can just secure each bracket with one of the washer/lock nut sets so it doesnt fall off. then take your time lining it up and tighten it down.
oh nice! you should post up in the Photo Challenge Thread. this will meet the latest challenge... just saying haha

Users who are viewing this thread