5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

downsc123

Reaction score
I want the dark in the back to block the sun from going in the kid and babys eyes, it always bothers them on road trips. The law in my great state of NY is 70% visible light transmission on front windows. So basically any shade of tint up front is illegal. If I'm darker in the back and lighter up front maybe they won't pull me over.
I have done 20% on my front side windows for the last 20 years in NY state and have never been bothered by the cops for it. However, NYS inspection is a whole new problem. Since 2019, they require the light transmission reading be entered into the system so I have had to pull off the tint each year for inspection. What a PITA.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought Cupholderhero dust mat inserts for all the cubby holes.
took a while to figure out where they all go, but got it done. Pretty happy with the set. A few pieces left over, just to confuse a guy.
I think the kit includes parts for all DT CrewCab truck models. 42D83184-6663-459F-A1E8-CCA390D5E7C4.jpeg

JbVt

Reaction score
Finally placed an order for Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners thanks to a forum member posting the email notification of replenished stock.
Good snag buddy! Gone in no time!

JbVt

Reaction score
Yeah I got very lucky on that. They actually shipped already also! Hoping they come back in stock for you soon.
The rears by themselves are available now. I’m tempted to buy those now and just watch for the fronts like a hawk!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rears by themselves are available now. I’m tempted to buy those now and just watch for the fronts like a hawk!
I held off on the rears as I was preparing for the set of the fronts and rears to come available.. and so be it that they only had the front and rear set for sale so I am glad i didn't have a set of extra rears!

JbVt

Reaction score
I held off on the rears as I was preparing for the set of the fronts and rears to come available.. and so be it that they only had the front and rear set for sale so I am glad i didn't have a set of extra rears!
Got the Eibachs in my cart ready to go....just might have to do it. 🤔

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the Eibachs in my cart ready to go....just might have to do it. 🤔
Do you have the UCAs ready and in hand? If so then eibachs would be my choice. I wasn’t planning to level my truck until later down the road but given the circumstances I’ll go buy some UCAs and do it now!

Idaho970

Reaction score
I had full intentions of having new wheels and tires by now, but some unfortunate circumstances led to having to spend money other places. I couldn’t take the chrome anymore, so I plastidipped the wheels, and painted the exhaust tips black. The truck is almost entirely blacked out now with the exception of the headlights, which I will hopefully get to in the coming weeks. View attachment 87933
View attachment 87934
What did you use on the taillights?

Idaho970

Reaction score
5D42B79E-4F31-40E0-B1CA-0E9AD0D6022B.jpeg
Had to get some protection from my two Australian sheppards. This cover is AMAZING! I know it’s the same as what a lot of guys have on here. Time will tell on its long term durability. Will probably build shelf for the floor so I can store more stuff back there when I’ve got them both in the back seat. Anyone build something like that yet?

JbVt

Reaction score
View attachment 88007
Had to get some protection from my two Australian sheppards. This cover is AMAZING! I know it’s the same as what a lot of guys have on here. Time will tell on its long term durability. Will probably build shelf for the floor so I can store more stuff back there when I’ve got them both in the back seat. Anyone build something like that yet?
I have that same cover for my 100# Boxer/Akita mix. Although I leave the seats up and it covers down one side and up the other. Had it a year and still in great shape.

JbVt

Reaction score
Do you have the UCAs ready and in hand? If so then eibachs would be my choice. I wasn’t planning to level my truck until later down the road but given the circumstances I’ll go buy some UCAs and do it now!
No not yet. Guess I wasn’t thinking about those because they seem to be available readily.

JbVt

Reaction score
Just curious...what about the Eibachs require UCAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not the Eibachs specifically. Any lift around 3” should have new uca with corrected ball joint angles. My truck has the 1” off road group factory lift so when I add the Eibachs (or bilsteins) it will put me close to 3” of lift.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the Eibachs specifically. Any lift around 3” should have new uca with corrected ball joint angles. My truck has the 1” off road group factory lift so when I add the Eibachs (or bilsteins) it will put me close to 3” of lift.
Go look at the Eibach thread. My stock UCAs look fine with the Eibachs at 1.8".

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 88007
which ones are those? looks like good coverage!

Techna

Reaction score

Apettit13

Reaction score
What did you use on the taillights?
Tail lights are VHT nightshade, along with an enamel clear coat. There’s numerous YouTube videos on how to use the stuff, it’s just a simple wet sanding and light coating process.

Users who are viewing this thread