5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Betohemi661

Reaction score
I like that, it actually looks paint MATCHED. I’ve seen them so many times where they’re white, but not the perfect shade. Did you have it professionally done?
Actually yes I did shop called retroshop they do a lot of great work and can color match pretty well

BrickWurX

Reaction score
How did you do this exactly? I am trying to paint the silver in my truck to match the body color. Do the silver pieces unclip by themselves? Or do you need to essentially take the entire dash piece off and tape around it? Looks spectacular by the way!

It takes some work. Nothing aluminum colored just un-clips or pops off. Some of it can be dissembled via tabs or screws, other pieces are plastic welded, I decided to taped and prepped those areas instead of cutting or melting. Some of the parts are plastic molded, others are actual aluminum. I found painting most of it worked best for me, but many have used vinyl wrap with good results. I did use Vivvid Hi gloss black for parts like speaker trim rings and the aluminum climate control rings (I did those later, so not in these pics).

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

IMG_0204.JPG

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It takes some work. Nothing aluminum colored just un-clips or pops off. Some of it can be dissembled via tabs or screws, other pieces are plastic welded, I decided to taped and prepped those areas instead of cutting or melting. Some of the parts are plastic molded, others are actual aluminum. I found painting most of it worked best for me, but many have used vinyl wrap with good results. I did use Vivvid Hi gloss black for parts like speaker trim rings and the aluminum climate control rings (I did those later, so not in these pics).

View attachment 87278

View attachment 87279
View attachment 87283
View attachment 87281

View attachment 87282
dang i've never removed an airbag from a car, and i don't think i want to. props man!

BrickWurX

Reaction score
dang i've never removed an airbag from a car, and i don't think i want to. props man!

The horn cover/ airbag was not as difficult as expected. There is a tool port hole on either side of the steering wheel to release the cover. No screws, caps, or plugs. I disconnected the battery cable for safety and waited a bit. I didn't even try to dissasemble the part once removed, just taped off the entire cover, prepped, and painted. Wish I could say the same for the aluminum trim ring holding all of the steering wheel buttons in place.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 87278

View attachment 87279
View attachment 87283
View attachment 87281

View attachment 87282
Missing the final rebuild pic

Kilroy

Reaction score
No. *******s in parking lots who don’t give a **** when they open their doors. In the DC area, that’s a huge % of the population.
That's anywhere you go these days, kids these days have no respect for others stuff, not even their own sh*t

Users who are viewing this thread