5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

kevmo

Reaction score
Tonneau cover install. Transferred from my 2016 Rebel. Thrilled that it fit and didn't have to spend the money for a new one. Side steps and spray in bedliner are coming in the near future.

Attachments

• UGDA1443_LI.jpg
    UGDA1443_LI.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 143

WReckeR

Reaction score
Gang,
Having just picked up my new truck, I do not have it cellular enabled. Actually, I'm not sure how to do that yet. But anyway, I have heard many say that you can get over the air updates for the UConnect, hopefully fixing bugs that you may've experienced in the past. My question is, how does that work exactly? Would I have to get a cellular data contract for the truck so it can receive the signals? I have the 1 year trial for Sirius, but that's just an app on the UConnect. I read an article that describes how to update the system using a USB drive with firmware files loaded on it. That article said I would need the "radio anti-theft passcode". I found some older posts referencing this code, and that I could get it from the dealer. They didn't mention that or give it to me with my paperwork. I have an email into them.

So
1. How do UConnect updates work?
2. How can I get the anti-theft passcode?

Thanks

P.S. -- assume for the sake of this forum's focus, that I would be doing this to my truck today, or some other day, if I knew this information...

abtennyson

Reaction score
Sure have. I grew up in Golden Beach and worked at Bob Green Siding through High School and summers from college. Still have all my family there. I live in Tennessee now. I miss my Crabs, oysters, and Chaptico Markets fried chicken. I figured that was it given your screen name being a 7D staple family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow small world! I’m sure you visit often for the food... uhh I mean visit family 😉

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She took me to work at the beginning of the blizzard...

0bfafbe89f2b5a2f40b5d4ce642c0906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gang,
Having just picked up my new truck, I do not have it cellular enabled. Actually, I'm not sure how to do that yet. But anyway, I have heard many say that you can get over the air updates for the UConnect, hopefully fixing bugs that you may've experienced in the past. My question is, how does that work exactly? Would I have to get a cellular data contract for the truck so it can receive the signals? I have the 1 year trial for Sirius, but that's just an app on the UConnect. I read an article that describes how to update the system using a USB drive with firmware files loaded on it. That article said I would need the "radio anti-theft passcode". I found some older posts referencing this code, and that I could get it from the dealer. They didn't mention that or give it to me with my paperwork. I have an email into them.

So
1. How do UConnect updates work?
2. How can I get the anti-theft passcode?

Thanks

P.S. -- assume for the sake of this forum's focus, that I would be doing this to my truck today, or some other day, if I knew this information...
From my understanding, it is updated from the satellite. It is similar how the app works to locate the truck, remote start/lock/unlock.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

51moe

Reaction score
I just added the TYGER auto star armor kit steps. Super easy and really fast install. $Did it all by myself although another set of hands could have helped a little. Mounted right to the factory bolts. Got it on amazon for $373.00 and it was delivered in 3 days. Im very happy with them. Also added the DASHmat cover and the DU-HA under seat storage bin with gun rack (also and amazon buy for $179.95) Another easy install and holds my BLM repellant.
BLM Replellant?

Users who are viewing this thread