5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

pmegason

Reaction score
Honestly so far I couldn’t be happier. I did it because of my 80 mile round trip daily for work and towing my RV fish house. I have 11,500 miles on already, 2,000 of that towing the camper. It tows much nicer and the gas mileage is far superior. It took a little getting used to as far as how it drives compared to the hemi. Since I’m not a hot rod driver it fits me nicely. The only thing I miss about my Hemi truck was the 6’-4” box with the crew cab. But I can live with the short box
Yeah I really like the gas mileage. I added the pedal commander to help with the acceleration and that really helped. The only thing I miss is the rumble from the Hemi. This truck is so quiet.

Rocketman

Reaction score
I dropped mine off at the dealer today because my navigation went kaput. I usually use carplay and google maps, but noticed that the compass on the drivers display was 180 degrees out. so when I looked at the nav page, it showed me about 15 miles off the California coast in the ocean.....no ****. Anyway, my 2019 has 41k on it and is out of warranty, but the dealer said they would replace the entire module (12 inch display) at no cost. I only have to wait a couple of weeks until the unit comes in and hopefully we'll be good to go.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dropped mine off at the dealer today because my navigation went kaput. I usually use carplay and google maps, but noticed that the compass on the drivers display was 180 degrees out. so when I looked at the nav page, it showed me about 15 miles off the California coast in the ocean.....no ****. Anyway, my 2019 has 41k on it and is out of warranty, but the dealer said they would replace the entire module (12 inch display) at no cost. I only have to wait a couple of weeks until the unit comes in and hopefully we'll be good to go.
That's a great dealership, they deserve some word of mouth. Which one is it?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Rough Country rear wheel well liners and all 4 Husky mud flaps. I don't like how the top of the mud flap is squared off and sticks out about 1/2", but it's better than nothing. My old Silverado mud flaps curved in and had a smooth transition to the side of the truck, so I'm used to that design, but couldn't find it for this truck (See below) Husky flaps are on the bottom.

1999-2006-Chevrolet-Silverado-Front-Molded-MUD-FLAPS-w.jpg

510e-3TLrqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

puba08

Reaction score
Drive it to the dealership to pickup my wife’s new Durango.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WReckeR

Reaction score
The 12" Uconnect worries me. Plagued with problems, it seems. I wish I knew the true statistics.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems that the 12" is stretching what uConnect 4 can support.

I could have gone either way so it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. The truck I ended up getting had the 8.4" with NAV and am happy with it. I've had several frozen and black screens so having the knobs and buttons allowed me to still control cab features even when my screen was on the fritz.

My dad hasn't had any problems with the 12" in his Limited.

Rocketman

Reaction score
The 12" Uconnect worries me. Plagued with problems, it seems. I wish I knew the true statistics.
Yeah, seems there are tons of problems with them, but this was my first experience with anything going wrong. Actually, I've been pretty pleased with the performance and functionality of the 12 inch and am thankful I'll get a replacement at no cost.....fingers crossed the new one works as expected.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed the Rough Country rear wheel well liners and all 4 Husky mud flaps. I don't like how the top of the mud flap is squared off and sticks out about 1/2", but it's better than nothing. My old Silverado mud flaps curved in and had a smooth transition to the side of the truck, so I'm used to that design, but couldn't find it for this truck (See below) Husky flaps are on the bottom.

1999-2006-Chevrolet-Silverado-Front-Molded-MUD-FLAPS-w.jpg

510e-3TLrqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
The weather tech ones don’t square off like the husky ones. I don’t like that either

Jsavoie

Reaction score
Ordered Bilstein 5100’s to replace the rough country preload spacer that’s there now! Should be here later this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flint7

Reaction score
So today I got katzkin installed. Really happy with how it turned out. Still looks a bit loose, but the installer told me that it'll tighten up. The truck was super hot inside so that the wrinkles will relax. Regardless I'm happy.
17b83088064005c6d075960c412618fa.jpg
04724315143882d6e8eca524e57dd619.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
How much was install?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

WReckeR

Reaction score
Yesterday; Installed Blackvue DR900X-2CH dash cameras.

View attachment 80745

View attachment 80747
Damn, now I have to get TWO cams?! I was thinking, he's got the Technology Group, so why the rear facing cam??? Oh, recording! Right. I'd also like to see into the bed, in case carried items shift and I need to see what's happening.

I'd like to know how you wired that to power, and how you got the cable to the rear camera. I'm guessing you ran it around, under perimeter trim.

Grouper

Reaction score
Damn, now I have to get TWO cams?! I was thinking, he's got the Technology Group, so why the rear facing cam??? Oh, recording! Right. I'd also like to see into the bed, in case carried items shift and I need to see what's happening.

I'd like to know how you wired that to power, and how you got the cable to the rear camera. I'm guessing you ran it around, under perimeter trim.

I wrote some more info here.

To get the cable from the front camera to the rear, I followed the general routing outlined in this video:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After dealing with the small and simple early bugs from my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie I finally had her dialed in.......then my dealer called me wanting it on their lot and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I am now the proud owner of a 2021 Ram Rebel 12 Night Edition. I love it, so much better than my last truck.....and the A/C blows cold as ice now! Currently sitting in the waiting room of my tint shop getting her extra night edition. Muffler shop scheduled for Thursday.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After dealing with the small and simple early bugs from my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie I finally had her dialed in.......then my dealer called me wanting it on their lot and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I am now the proud owner of a 2021 Ram Rebel 12 Night Edition. I love it, so much better than my last truck.....and the A/C blows cold as ice now! Currently sitting in the waiting room of my tint shop getting her extra night edition. Muffler shop scheduled for Thursday.
CONGRATS!

WReckeR

Reaction score

What makes it "so much better"? Did you not have many options on the Laramie? You can get nearly every option from the Limited onto the Laramie except for rear ventilated seats, a crew cab paired with a long bed, full projector LED headlights, and hiding doors in your center console. The Rebel has a different look, but I think the available options are similar. I only ask because I chose a Laramie over a Rebel.

A 2019, and you had AC problems already??

Mostly I like the Rebel, but I wanted crew cab and 6'4" bed.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What makes it "so much better"? Did you not have many options on the Laramie? You can get nearly every option from the Limited onto the Laramie except for rear ventilated seats, a crew cab paired with a long bed, full projector LED headlights, and hiding doors in your center console. The Rebel has a different look, but I think the available options are similar. I only ask because I chose a Laramie over a Rebel.

A 2019, and you had AC problems already??

Mostly I like the Rebel, but I wanted crew cab and 6'4" bed.
A lot of trucks have had issues with lack luster AC temps. A TSB has been released to address this that includes removing your entire dash. 2021's and up have had the problem addressed apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread