5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Power Commander is a popular option. How badly does it affect fuel economy? Who doesn't like to get on it every once in a while, but big trucks are already amongst the worst in fuel economy, and we're only a few years away from many electric options with 2X the horsepower.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Is it possible to revert to the standard mirrors if the truck bought on the lot has the trailer mirrors, and I don't want them? If I ever trailer, it would be a long time from now. I really don't want mirrors that stick out so far. Hoping it's a bolt-on with a couple electrical connectors.

DerekC

Reaction score
Decided to install most of the reflective concepts package I received in the mail. Still have the ram badge on the tailgate which I'm not sure about applying as well as the two front door badges. I'm actually thinking of de badging the doors.. waiting for some better weather and I'll paint the tow hooks to match. The inset Hemi 5.7L was a *****... I used two small control screwdrivers to get them set in. Worked alright.

PXL_20210116_023049452.jpg PXL_20210116_023030236.jpg PXL_20210116_023023418.jpg PXL_20210116_022958164.jpg PXL_20210116_022941591~2.jpg

DerekC

Reaction score
Is it possible to revert to the standard mirrors if the truck bought on the lot has the trailer mirrors, and I don't want them? If I ever trailer, it would be a long time from now. I really don't want mirrors that stick out so far. Hoping it's a bolt-on with a couple electrical connectors.
Where ya located? Are the mirrors black plastic capped? I might take them off your hands! Haha

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decided to install most of the reflective concepts package I received in the mail. Still have the ram badge on the tailgate which I'm not sure about applying as well as the two front door badges. I'm actually thinking of de badging the doors.. waiting for some better weather and I'll paint the tow hooks to match. The inset Hemi 5.7L was a *****... I used two small control screwdrivers to get them set in. Worked alright.

View attachment 79716 View attachment 79717 View attachment 79718 View attachment 79719 View attachment 79720

That looks sharp with the red accents on black. (And I will always vote debadge the doors)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used a kit I got Amazon . Some pry tools...just go east at them and they slowly pop right off. Lots of others have used a heat gun/hair dryer to soften the glue and then some fishing line. Either way you do it they come off real easy

WReckeR

Reaction score
Where ya located? Are the mirrors black plastic capped? I might take them off your hands! Haha
Hi Derek,
I don't actually have the truck. There is one I'm looking at right now, and it has the trailer mirrors, which are not important to me. I am sure I would find someone to take them, but what's more important to me is knowing they can be swapped on the truck with simple tools. That's what I need to confirm.

djjr50

Reaction score
Power Commander is a popular option. How badly does it affect fuel economy? Who doesn't like to get on it every once in a while, but big trucks are already amongst the worst in fuel economy, and we're only a few years away from many electric options with 2X the horsepower.
I bet it saves tires more than fuel. Ha!

Actually, I've been debating if overcoming the throttle lag would actually help me save fuel because I currently push harder because I know I need to just to get going. Then, I get too far into the throttle and next thing I know, I am at 4k RPMs when I was only trying to add a little bit of speed quickly. This is especially true when trying to overcome the drops in speed when going up overpasses (not many hills in Florida) on the highway. I also have the 3.21 gears, so it's not as responsive.

Broly

Reaction score
Changed out puddle lights to some bright a$$ ones! Easy install too!

View attachment 79594 View attachment 79595
How involved was the installation?

K_Hub

Reaction score
Thanks. Any ideas for best practice on removing the door badges. You tube? Lol

I used to do vehicles graphics full time back in college but now do a little as a side gig. I debadge all of our trucks at the family business before we get them decaled, even our Peterbilts. What I’ve found to be the best method through the years is pushing a plastic squeegee for vinyl application under the edge of your badge and lightly prying it up. On the door logos they come off pretty easily. For any of the adhesive left I always use a decal easer wheel like the one in the attached picture. They don’t scratch your paint and make a long tedious job a breeze.

9d6080f66231c6b0c9c4ebde85167841.jpg

8bc46736811b13b75a1d0290a99d81da.jpg

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to do vehicles graphics full time back in college but now do a little as a side gig. I debadge all of our trucks at the family business before we get them decaled, even our Peterbilts. What I’ve found to be the best method through the years is pushing a plastic squeegee for vinyl application under the edge of your badge and lightly prying it up. On the door logos they come off pretty easily. For any of the adhesive left I always use a decal easer wheel like the one in the attached picture. They don’t scratch your paint and make a long tedious job a breeze.

9d6080f66231c6b0c9c4ebde85167841.jpg

8bc46736811b13b75a1d0290a99d81da.jpg

That wheel does work wonders.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Link to the wheel please?

Search “decal easer wheel” in Amazon. You’ll have plenty of options to choose from. If you want the best, buy 3M’s. If you’re just doing a little removal at home save your money and buy a generic one.

Users who are viewing this thread