5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ClancyO

Reaction score
Once the truck is on, you can turn the fog lights on/off and it cycles between white/off/yellow.

So, as long as you don’t use the auto-highbeams, it’s good? My fogs shut off on highbeam and I’d think they’d be cycling each time it switched..

ClancyO

Reaction score
I'm still basically stock, but I did add a wireless TPMS to the TT along with a wireless camera on the rear of the trailer.

I put the camera display up on the dash. After I formed the metal to fit into the dash tray, it sat there without issue...but I did add velcro to make sure it doesn't go flying forward during a hard stop. My main goal was to make it easy to remove when I wasn't towing:
View attachment 72950

Since the display for the TPMS has a battery (that is charged by solar or by USB cable), I was free to mount it way up front in the corner of the dash with more velcro:
View attachment 72951

Then finally, I have a really good WDH with integrated sway control. It's a Husky Center Line:
View attachment 72952

Not related to towing, was also able to throw on the new tonneau (Bakflip Revolver X4) with a BedRug under it. I don't have pics yet since it has been raining all week...

I have the same hitch, and wireless cam, and even did a similar thing (with wood) to put it in the top cubby.

Attachments

• 5621EF37-92AE-40E4-A87E-27AEFF0A23FC.jpeg
    5621EF37-92AE-40E4-A87E-27AEFF0A23FC.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 155
  • A374001D-A536-4C0B-BAF1-284E409C4CE7.jpeg
    A374001D-A536-4C0B-BAF1-284E409C4CE7.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 152

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, as long as you don’t use the auto-highbeams, it’s good? My fogs shut off on highbeam and I’d think they’d be cycling each time it switched..
I just canceled my order of those fog lights upon the realization that they will also cycle through the colors on each turn of the wheel! I confirmed this with @ACmath who kindly checked for me.

StraightArrow

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the information. All three of these items are on my “must have” list as well. I just put a set of Airlift 1000HD helper bags and a WirelessONE compressor on my truck last week while I was putting on the new bilstein shocks to further combat any squat from hitch weight. We spend a lot of time up in the mountains and with our starting point at my house being 120 ft below sea level we have lots of climbing with a 30’ sail behind us. I’m throwing every trick in the book at negating any squat and sway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished ordering the 1000HD’s two minutes ago!!! Hope it helps with the squatting while towing my cargo trailer...

K_Hub

Reaction score
I just finished ordering the 1000HD’s two minutes ago!!! Hope it helps with the squatting while towing my cargo trailer...

You’ll be happy with them. Super easy install. We had high cross winds out here the other day and I pumped up to 20 psi rolling down the road just to stiffen up the rear end. Been playing with different pressures unloaded ever since.

I often haul 1,000 lbs of steel hammers for our rock crushers. Ran 50 psi today in the bags on a 2 hour trip up a mountain grade. No squat and the truck drove great.

StraightArrow

Reaction score
You’ll be happy with them. Super easy install. We had high cross winds out here the other day and I pumped up to 20 psi rolling down the road just to stiffen up the rear end. Been playing with different pressures unloaded ever since.

I often haul 1,000 lbs of steel hammers for our rock crushers. Ran 50 psi today in the bags on a 2 hour trip up a mountain grade. No squat and the truck drove great.

How does the air compressor work with them? Can you air the bags up AFTER loading the trailer/truck? Easy install?

K_Hub

Reaction score
How does the air compressor work with them? Can you air the bags up AFTER loading the trailer/truck? Easy install?

The compressor is mounted on the frame under the truck and works via remote or app on your phone. They state to fill BEFORE loading the truck. I just inflate to full psi (50) then deflate down to where I want the truck to ride after loaded. Super easy to install, mount compressor and valve to frame, route air lines, then run power to battery. I’ll post a picture of this upgrade as well as my leveling kit install soon.

KRField

Reaction score
Finally finished the badges. Was gonna go with Mainevent emblems but never heard back from an email I sent them a month ago. Found Iconic on Etsy. The Iconic is plastic vs Mainevent being metal. Time will tell if the plastic holds up. Hopefully some after market taillights come out soon. Trying to tint film was a nightmare

Attachments

• 62569825707__ACE37D5E-97C7-4428-92C7-B56D34202F59.jpg
    62569825707__ACE37D5E-97C7-4428-92C7-B56D34202F59.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 185
  • D77EBBFB-B12E-4C2D-B7DB-16382A351BC0.jpg
    D77EBBFB-B12E-4C2D-B7DB-16382A351BC0.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 5E388CFF-C7CE-4777-B5F7-AAEB9FCE5089.jpg
    5E388CFF-C7CE-4777-B5F7-AAEB9FCE5089.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 187

Apettit13

Reaction score
Finally finished the badges. Was gonna go with Mainevent emblems but never heard back from an email I sent them a month ago. Found Iconic on Etsy. The Iconic is plastic vs Mainevent being metal. Time will tell if the plastic holds up. Hopefully some after market taillights come out soon. Trying to tint film was a nightmare

Looks good!

it looks like you have the tail lights that don’t have the sensors in them, in which case I’m pretty sure they have an aftermarket light for those. Check on Realtruck.com

Reaction score
Tinted my windows.
Matched the factory tint on the back windows to the front windows then doubled the tint on the rear windows.
92f47ae107e35382272e29070d2bb69b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JP-Limited

Reaction score

Sinister1JP,​

I got the same truck 2020. I see you have fwd sensors, any trouble? Do u have 'Adaptive Cruise Control' sensors? Nothing like hwy driving pulling a trailer and having ACC.​

CodeChaser​

Absolutely, the front sensors go crazy so I have them turned off. Not sure if it's possible but I'd like to extend the sensors and place them in the grill guard eventually. I do not have the ACC or the front camera.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
My auto front brakes applied at 15mph going under a bridge during rain. Too sensitive. If that happened with someone following close and i got hit, that would be FCA's fault. Im surprises this has not happened yet.

I want to deactivate them but even it works to stop one crash at all that makes it worth it. Not worth it if it causes the accident.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I average 14.5-14.8 combined. I drive a good bit of city. Probably 65%+/-. 3.92s probably would have helped in this case.
That's definitely worse than I thought. I was originally looking at the Diesel and test drove it but not sure about reliability and taking a long time to make the $ recovery work. I'm going to test drive the 5.7L with both gear boxes next week and see what makes more sense for my daily driver (only the gear ratio is currently undecided). I am considering making the switch to Ram for more utility (RamBox + Multi Tailgate) than my 2018 3.5L Ecoboost provides. The EcoBoost can never seem to get over 19/20 on the highway (70-75pmh) and I heard the Ram 5.7 can depending on driving style (I am definitely not heavy footed)

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's definitely worse than I thought. I was originally looking at the Diesel and test drove it but not sure about reliability and taking a long time to make the $ recovery work. I'm going to test drive the 5.7L with both gear boxes next week and see what makes more sense for my daily driver (only the gear ratio is currently undecided). I am considering making the switch to Ram for more utility (RamBox + Multi Tailgate) than my 2018 3.5L Ecoboost provides. The EcoBoost can never seem to get over 19/20 on the highway (70-75pmh) and I heard the Ram 5.7 can depending on driving style (I am definitely not heavy footed)

I think you’ll be hard pressed to find many of us with a Hemi getting over 20mpg at 75mph, to be honest.

I haven’t done anything to help fuel mileage with 33” aggressive tires and a lift, but I’d be happy to see 16-17mpg on the highway. My truck never saw over 18mpg in stock trim.

Anyways, I guess my opinion is not to buy a Hemi if your only goal is to improve fuel economy. Hopefully you find enjoyment in other aspects. I’m really happy with my Ram selection, but not at all based on fuel economy!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My auto front brakes applied at 15mph going under a bridge during rain. Too sensitive. If that happened with someone following close and i got hit, that would be FCA's fault. Im surprises this has not happened yet.

I want to deactivate them but even it works to stop one crash at all that makes it worth it. Not worth it if it causes the accident.
My ex-wife's 300 did that to her going 65, slowed her to 25 for no reason.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TheMopars

Reaction score

If you really try you can get 21-22 with the Hemi. I've done a couple of road trips to Vegas for my son's hockey, around 600-650 miles RT with lots of elevation changes, I managed to easily get 21.5 keeping at/under 75 and taking it easy for the few miles around town. But if I did 80+ and liked to hear the Flowmaster around town I wouldn't have come close to that. I have the 3.21 gears, soft tonneau cover and stock ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread