5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

aram

Reaction score
Did you install yourself? Looks pretty good! Do these include heat? Ventilation?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Install was included in the price through the dealer (dealer uses a local katzkin installer). My truck is a big horn without ventilation.... Only heated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACmath

Reaction score
Install was included in the price through the dealer (dealer uses a local katzkin installer). My truck is a big horn without ventilation.... Only heated seats.

You ordered these from your local RAM dealer? That's pretty cool. I didn't know that was an option. I'm going to ask for a quote when I get my oil change next week.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You buy, fix and sell?
@W13NY
I try to buy low, do nothing and sell high but sometimes I have to tinker.
Mostly clean up and change the oil. I know what to buy and what sells. Been doing it for 5 years now. I usually make enough to pay for my winter holiday in Mexico off my hobby.
Heres a shot of a load on my last truck.

88762207-FABA-4D4C-8EF8-4D97E9A48B09.jpeg

ACmath

Reaction score

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Truckguy

Reaction score
Katzkin Leather!!
bd374f84b66b1402309a517366e42daf.jpg

8f8707a7e82a8eaf1a9e3669f4b8b81f.jpg

5ba6030aeffc228a0b12399695ecf489.jpg

That looks nicer than my factory “leatherette”

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like to be different.. so I Got some Yokohama Geolander AT15's put on Saturday.
Those are one of the brands I have been considering. What size are they, and how do they handle in the rain?

Gitter

Reaction score
Nice! My wife and I are waiting on a 2021 Grand Design TT to haul behind my 1500. Between this forum and the Grand Design forum I’ve got plenty of projects lined up. Glad to see another 5th gen 1500 used as a haul vehicle. Any mods added to help haul your TT comfortably?

I'm still basically stock, but I did add a wireless TPMS to the TT along with a wireless camera on the rear of the trailer.

I put the camera display up on the dash. After I formed the metal to fit into the dash tray, it sat there without issue...but I did add velcro to make sure it doesn't go flying forward during a hard stop. My main goal was to make it easy to remove when I wasn't towing:
20201025_114934.jpg

Since the display for the TPMS has a battery (that is charged by solar or by USB cable), I was free to mount it way up front in the corner of the dash with more velcro:
20201025_114930.jpg

Then finally, I have a really good WDH with integrated sway control. It's a Husky Center Line:
20201025_130521.jpg

Not related to towing, was also able to throw on the new tonneau (Bakflip Revolver X4) with a BedRug under it. I don't have pics yet since it has been raining all week...

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just select "Fog Light (Switchback)"

Check there site for a 10% discount on your first order. They had one when I ordered.
Thanks. Just ordered and got 15% off with this week’s Halloween discount.

K_Hub

Reaction score
I'm still basically stock, but I did add a wireless TPMS to the TT along with a wireless camera on the rear of the trailer.

I put the camera display up on the dash. After I formed the metal to fit into the dash tray, it sat there without issue...but I did add velcro to make sure it doesn't go flying forward during a hard stop. My main goal was to make it easy to remove when I wasn't towing:
View attachment 72950

Since the display for the TPMS has a battery (that is charged by solar or by USB cable), I was free to mount it way up front in the corner of the dash with more velcro:
View attachment 72951

Then finally, I have a really good WDH with integrated sway control. It's a Husky Center Line:
View attachment 72952

Not related to towing, was also able to throw on the new tonneau (Bakflip Revolver X4) with a BedRug under it. I don't have pics yet since it has been raining all week...

Awesome. Thanks for the information. All three of these items are on my “must have” list as well. I just put a set of Airlift 1000HD helper bags and a WirelessONE compressor on my truck last week while I was putting on the new bilstein shocks to further combat any squat from hitch weight. We spend a lot of time up in the mountains and with our starting point at my house being 120 ft below sea level we have lots of climbing with a 30’ sail behind us. I’m throwing every trick in the book at negating any squat and sway.

Gitter

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the information. All three of these items are on my “must have” list as well. I just put a set of Airlift 1000HD helper bags and a WirelessONE compressor on my truck last week while I was putting on the new bilstein shocks to further combat any squat from hitch weight. We spend a lot of time up in the mountains and with our starting point at my house being 120 ft below sea level we have lots of climbing with a 30’ sail behind us. I’m throwing every trick in the book at negating any squat and sway.

Right on! Sounds like you'll be good to go.

Since I have a Limited, it already has the self-adjusting airbags. They did a great job because it got it level within seconds. Of course, it auto adjusted some more after the weight was distributed (once the bars were on).

My next purchase, which should help with towing, is the Tazer DT. I want to use the 360 camera system at any speed (among other non-towing related goodness).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online