5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar retractable bed step to help get my fat butt into the bed of the truck. Easy install and works great.
5f41fe839d41e7e314793cecb837d25d.jpg
c2dd2714c78d0b9d09a60d716901072d.jpg

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar retractable bed step to help get my fat butt into the bed of the truck. Easy install and works great.
5f41fe839d41e7e314793cecb837d25d.jpg
c2dd2714c78d0b9d09a60d716901072d.jpg
Looks good, what does it look like from further away. Does it hang down way below the bumper? Was it difficult to install? I know I'm asking way to many questions.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Looks good, what does it look like from further away. Does it hang down way below the bumper? Was it difficult to install? I know I'm asking way to many questions.
Mine came from the factory installed and even with my white truck you don’t notice it unless your standing right next to the truck looking for it

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Mine came from the factory installed and even with my white truck you don’t notice it unless your standing right next to the truck looking for it
Thanks, I was wondering if it was noticeable if you were looking at the truck from behind.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Very easy to install. Remove two bolts install it and add the third one that is supplied. Took me about 1/2 hour. The only thing you can see when it is retracted is the little step to open it. It works really well too.

sppb32

Reaction score
Mine came factory as well and I only noticed it 2 weeks after I had the truck.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last two Rams had bedliners and I was not fortunate enough to get one this time around. I must say that it felt like part of my soul was missing. I am happy to say my soul is now complete. Found a local small business that does quality work without paying a gigantic markup.

View attachment 70969 View attachment 70970 View attachment 70971 View attachment 70972
Looks GREAT!! Mine came with a spray in bedliner...first time having one. Is it normal or expected to have a slight gap in coverage? Back left corner on mine has a small see thru gap at the seam. Just wondering if I point it out to the dealer?

Jako

Reaction score
Additional info

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Very easy to install. Remove two bolts install it and add the third one that is supplied. Took me about 1/2 hour. The only thing you can see when it is retracted is the little step to open it. It works really well too.
Thanks for the info, can you tell me what part numbers the latest version is at?

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
Haven't heard of those, I'll be interested to hear how they do at night
I go to work at 5 AM so I have been using them the last few days. So far so good, they are working great, they really light up the road. Way better than the factory bulbs. $55 for all four bulbs for the high and low beams I thought they were worth a try.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Husky mud flaps and X-Cover Low Profile Tonneau yesterday and APS iBoard 6” running boards today. Cargo and 3rd brake light bulbs tomorrow from Lasfit. View attachment 71085 View attachment 71086
I hope you have better luck with your Lasfit brake light bulb then I did. I’m referring to the key not located problem when you change the CHMSL bulb.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hard wired my radar detector using a fuse tap and used double stick 3M tape to mount it to my mirror. I bent the mount slightly with my hands so it would contour to the mirror better. We'll see how long it stays up there.
View attachment 71034
View attachment 71035
Pretty slick. I gave up trying to mount mine high in the Ram. It gets in the way of the sun visor.
You may want to bend that mount to make the detector level. Makes a big difference in long range 'sniff's' of radar. You're shorting yourself advanced warning having it pointing skyward. Just sayin.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Looks GREAT!! Mine came with a spray in bedliner...first time having one. Is it normal or expected to have a slight gap in coverage? Back left corner on mine has a small see thru gap at the seam. Just wondering if I point it out to the dealer?
I have a overspray on my cab from it . I’ll sell you my extra

yaksushi

Reaction score
Pretty slick. I gave up trying to mount mine high in the Ram. It gets in the way of the sun visor.
You may want to bend that mount to make the detector level. Makes a big difference in long range 'sniff's' of radar. You're shorting yourself advanced warning having it pointing skyward. Just sayin.
Noticed it today while driving and bent it a little more so it is level. It sat in the heat all day today and it still feels totally solid.

Users who are viewing this thread