5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because lazy owners who don't know what they are would never empty them and would end up causing more issues than just not having one

I’m glad you mentioned that because that was another question I had...I haven’t read any solid on how often you should empty. Every oil change? Sooner?

That makes sense though...added equipment that may increase efficiency but takes some thought - most will eff that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kob0583

Reaction score
I’m glad you mentioned that because that was another question I had...I haven’t read any solid on how often you should empty. Every oil change? Sooner?

That makes sense though...added equipment that may increase efficiency but takes some thought - most will eff that up.

How often to empty will vary on a lot of factors checking it every 500 mile until you have a baseline is best. As far as to why they aren’t standard, car manufacturers don’t thing it’s an issue for longevity and worry about people not checking them regularly which if not checked can cause problems. Another way to look at it is as mileage stacks up and the vehicle ages it will lose power and efficiency people who aren’t mechanically inclined would look at this as age and wear and tear. This could say incline said people to trade in and or sell their vehicle earlier than needed. Also not all vehicles need a CC. It’s just a preventative measure to keep the engine running smooth long term. If you don’t plan in high mileage or keeping the truck long you probably have nothing to worry about. I’m always more of the kind of take care of you things and they’ll take care of you.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How often to empty will vary on a lot of factors checking it every 500 mile until you have a baseline is best. As far as to why they aren’t standard, car manufacturers don’t thing it’s an issue for longevity and worry about people not checking them regularly which if not checked can cause problems. Another way to look at it is as mileage stacks up and the vehicle ages it will lose power and efficiency people who aren’t mechanically inclined would look at this as age and wear and tear. This could say incline said people to trade in and or sell their vehicle earlier than needed. Also not all vehicles need a CC. It’s just a preventative measure to keep the engine running smooth long term. If you don’t plan in high mileage or keeping the truck long you probably have nothing to worry about. I’m always more of the kind of take care of you things and they’ll take care of you.

I’m specifically interested in this because I do intend to keep my ‘20 for quite awhile.

Makes sense on the manufacture side for sales etc

500mi doesn’t seem horrible to me. Every other fill up, go home and check.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I’m specifically interested in this because I do intend to keep my ‘20 for quite awhile.

Makes sense on the manufacture side for sales etc

500mi doesn’t seem horrible to me. Every other fill up, go home and check.

It will likely be longer than 500 that’s pretty conservative until you get an idea of how much blow by you get. I plan in tracking mine every 1000 miles just to see how much I end up with, then I’ll post it here help people decide if it’s worth it or not. I’m retiring from the military and switching jobs, move etc so I plan I’m having mine for awhile as well. Longest I’ve ever kept a truck is 5 years but I think this ones going to end up being longer.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will likely be longer than 500 that’s pretty conservative until you get an idea of how much blow by you get. I plan in tracking mine every 1000 miles just to see how much I end up with, then I’ll post it here help people decide if it’s worth it or not. I’m retiring from the military and switching jobs, move etc so I plan I’m having mine for awhile as well. Longest I’ve ever kept a truck is 5 years but I think this ones going to end up being longer.

Right on. Good info. I appreciate it.

And thanks for the service brother

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right on. Good info. I appreciate it.

And thanks for the service brother

Also, colder weather you will have to check it more often as you will collect more condensation than in warmer months.

gthomas719

Reaction score
Yes, you have to empty them every so often. The dealer will probably not do it as it's an aftermarket part that they may not be familiar with. The one I installed has a ball valve on bottom for draining. Some don't have the valve and you have to unscrew the bottom to dump out
Thanks for the info on catch cans. I will probably pick one up now. Is there anything special to look for when choosing one?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on catch cans. I will probably pick one up now. Is there anything special to look for one choosing one?
Make sure it's a baffled catch can. Some of the really cheap ones aren't. And the mid-range ones are hit or miss as to off they have the steel wool in the baffled area. The one I installed does have the steel wool in it from the seller. IMO you don't need to spend over $100 on one.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I did something kinda silly.... I had some leftover yellow tint from my fog lights, and the inner frugal hoarder in me had to figure out something to do with it. I realized i could use it on my LED side mirror puddle lights lol. I was surprised how yellow it makes the side of the truck/ground.... my inner 16 year old definitely came out, but it was certainly fun. Now the real question to you guys... is this RICE, or is this NICE?? :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 62222 View attachment 62223 View attachment 62224
I like the look! And, it was super resourceful!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Didn’t do anything to my Gen5 but watched my Gen4 pull down the road with its new owner. Bittersweet!

dd2d32146d88aeffaef9e3dffd70f095.jpg

Yeah, that feels worse than watching your kids move out 'cause you know your kids will be back to visit!

DGator

Reaction score
First off, I want to express a very sincere "Thank You" to every single person who provides input on this forum. Over the course of the last month and a half I spent a ton of time reading different thoughts and ideas when it comes to making these RAM's tough! The insights and information were key in helping me build my truck to my liking but with input from all of you. Again, Thank You.

Here is a list of stock and custom accessories I've added since getting my stock 2020 RAM Limited w/ air suspension back in July. I would not change a thing! :)

1. Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust with 5" Black Chrome tips (Borla 140752BC)
2. Mopar Auto-step
3. Stock Mopar Tonneau cover
4. Window tint - 20% to match in front, 5% rear and sunroof
5. Fuel Rage 20x9 +1 offset wheels
6. Federal Xplora MTS tires - 33x12.50x20
7. Kykr 12" premium screen protector (Love it!)
8. IGL Kenzo ceramic coating (paint, glass, plastic, wheels)
9. Xpel paint protection film - full fender and flares, A-pillar, roof, mirrors, rockers, grill, hood
10. Mopar Crew Cab Slush Mats Floor Mats - (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M78Y778/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - $114
11. Dawn Enterprises - Chromline painted body side molding (sorry blackout guys, i'm old school so like a little chrome to match my wheels)
12. Putco Blade 60" Tailgate Light Bar - (thanks for the tip on the "Swpeet nylon round spacers) - the right spacers did the trick in making sure the tailgate doesn't hit the light bar when opening and closing
13. LFPartS USA American Flag Metal Embossed LIcense Plate - (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07812QC46/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
14. Carbon Fiber decals which include hood detail and RAM logo's on front doors and grill - reflectiveconcepts.com
15. Painted Sport hood bezel/vents and tailgate RAM logo
16. Factory spray-in bedliner
17. Tailgate seal kit
18. Headlight/Fog/Tailgate/Cab/Side Mirror - painted tint to 20%
19. 3.92 rea axle
20. Active-Level Air Suspension
21. Weathertech splash guards
22. Rough Country 20-Inch Cree LED Light Bar Black Series with Cool White DRL
23. JMS Chip - Pedalmax - (https://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2018_2020_some-ram-and-jeep-vehicles-px1920dcx4/)
View attachment 66523 View attachment 66524 View attachment 66538 View attachment 66539 View attachment 66528 View attachment 66531 View attachment 66532 View attachment 66533 View attachment 66534 View attachment 66535
Nice Work! I have many upgrades as well, but waiting until I am complete before posting. I did the Borla ATAK w/ 6 inch pipes. Anyway the main reason for this is to ask a question. I see you have Fuel Rage 20x9 +1 offset wheels
and 33x12.50x20. Do you have any rub at all with tires? Wonder how close your inner tire is to control arm and assy. I am getting some XD847 20x9 0 offset wheels w/ 33x12.50x20 and want to make sure I am good! I will be adding a Mopar 2inch lift as well.

Mother

Reaction score
I's like to get some new wheels but haven't seen many that make me want to pull the trigger. Those. however, are quite unique. What brand are they?

Fifteen52. Unfortunately these are discontinued, which is why I was excited to find a brand new set for sale.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much did they charge, debating on purchasing the stuff myself to do it or take it to someone to do it for me.
The cost for wax and oil was $799. A bit steep but you have to consider the labor involved. You will need a lift and the largest part of the job will be covering and masking things like sensors, exhaust, wheels and other stuff that u don't want the wax on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

MQQSE

Reaction score
Worked the crap out of my truck. Drove over 1,000 miles over the toughest hills in California and Arizona in 118 degree weather. Truck was amazing, this is the second trip I've done like this. Trailer is 9,200 lbs. And for you guys that haul trailers, air suspension is a MUST! At least in the back. No squating and the truck handled like a champ. The factory RAM limited air suspension is an absolute dream on these trucks.

IMG_2971.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread