5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally got rid of that terrible Mopar soft tri-fold and got some silver rails and BakFlip. A little water gets in, but some silicon on the ends of the rails seems to stop that when parked on a hill (they should really cap the ends by the tailgates off.

FYI... I know it looks somewhat mis-aligned. I fixed that after the pic.

Since I probably will get the questions, I used this to seal the tailgate up on the top. It is much better than the TruxSeal for these Rambox/MFT issues. You can see it on the top right of the pic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07147Y43J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 67964
I like that seal even better than the 1 inch one I got. I’m going to order that.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Just ordered a set for mine. Last set I had [different brand] went flat black in a few months, there's a lot of flat black on this truck so I won't be disappointed.

brdima

Reaction score
Finally got rid of that terrible Mopar soft tri-fold and got some silver rails and BakFlip. A little water gets in, but some silicon on the ends of the rails seems to stop that when parked on a hill (they should really cap the ends by the tailgates off.

FYI... I know it looks somewhat mis-aligned. I fixed that after the pic.

Since I probably will get the questions, I used this to seal the tailgate up on the top. It is much better than the TruxSeal for these Rambox/MFT issues. You can see it on the top right of the pic. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07147Y43J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 67964
can you share some pictures of where you installed the seals

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score

I don't understand why everyone hates on the stock tonneau. I actually really like mine. I get that it may not be as secure as some options, but it is far from terrible.

RickWaz

Reaction score
The last (???) of USA graphics on my Patriotic Blue Limited. Aluminum USA Flags:

RAM_37.jpg

RickWaz

Reaction score
Installed the RamBox Handle and Grommet Kit (for 2019/2020 DT Ram 1500s with RamBox) for my RamBox divider/extender to be able to be used as an extender :) I got a good deal on eBay and it shipped pretty quick (had it 3 days after I purchased). Link is below if anyone is interested and they still have 3 left (sold 43).

View attachment 67861 View attachment 67862 View attachment 67863
THANKS for the info Heminator! NOW my Bed Extender will actually be an Extender and not simply a Divider! ;)

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Forgot to mention this in my earlier post. This blew when I hooked up the brand new trailer to the truck this morning. Trying to figure out why. Initial hookup yielded left side front and rear marker lights working. Never could get the right side to light up only in the rear. After going through all the light checks and inspecting the inside of the trailer, all while still hooked up to the truck, closed trailer and all marker lights no longer worked. Checked power to my TBC and everything showed still connected. Never lost lights on the truck, just the trailer. Used the spare fuse in the engine bay box and original lights returned. Still no right rear marker light. Brakes and turn signals never stopped working. Sounds like a short in the trailer wiring, but it's brand new? Never had an issue with other trailers. Thoughts?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off at New Hampshire Oil Undercoating for a Black wax and oil treatment. I'll be ready tomorrow at noon. A black, self healing waxy stuff that dries to the touch and stays pretty clean and black on all the outside surfaces under the truck. The Fluid Film-like oil inside frame members and panels and behind wheel well covers etc. Pics forthcoming.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a dry run of hooking up the trailer I will be pulling Friday for a house move, and getting the WDH and the aftermarket electronic brake controller dialed in. I might be biased, but they look good together. I will definitely be adjusting the links once the trailer is loaded.
View attachment 68014
It may be an optical illusion but to me the truck seems to be sitting too low like it needs the hitch dropped another hole or so. Did you do the pre connection measurements and then adjust the hitch? If your not going far or fast it may not matter much.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It may be an optical illusion but to me the truck seems to be sitting too low like it needs the hitch dropped another hole or so. Did you do the pre connection measurements and then adjust the hitch? If your not going far or fast it may not matter much.
It is not an illusion. The truck is sagging a bit. I borrowed this WDH from my neighbor, and I was trying to do as little adjustment as possible. It is an in-town move at low speeds, so I am not for sure if it's worth adjusting. I would like to see it's sitting level though. Just don't know much about these hitches.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to mention this in my earlier post. This blew when I hooked up the brand new trailer to the truck this morning. Trying to figure out why. Initial hookup yielded left side front and rear marker lights working. Never could get the right side to light up only in the rear. After going through all the light checks and inspecting the inside of the trailer, all while still hooked up to the truck, closed trailer and all marker lights no longer worked. Checked power to my TBC and everything showed still connected. Never lost lights on the truck, just the trailer. Used the spare fuse in the engine bay box and original lights returned. Still no right rear marker light. Brakes and turn signals never stopped working. Sounds like a short in the trailer wiring, but it's brand new? Never had an issue with other trailers. Thoughts?
Sounds like a trailer wiring issue. If trailer is brand new, I'd be taking it back to place you got it from

RoroCoelho

Reaction score
can you share some pictures of where you installed the seals
I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow.

I don't understand why everyone hates on the stock tonneau. I actually really like mine. I get that it may not be as secure as some options, but it is far from terrible.

They just feel like they are only slightly more secure than snap on covers. Plus, they fit too loosely and it's impossible to stop water from coming in the tailgate area.

They aren't bad for a generic cover, but subpar for a factory cover.

Just my 2 cents

djjr50

Reaction score
Well, two things happened that aren't good and one that was. (over the last week)
  1. Tried putting my team spirit flag (Orlando Magic, in case you wondered) in the left passenger window and realized it snagged the tint. (also lost the flag...stupid design!)
  2. Took her on her first long trip and it was the most comfortable trip in a vehicle to date.
  3. Friend lost my key fob so I have to figure out a replacement (he left his key in my truck so I let him take it)
Now the tint in the rear seems to be fine but guess it was cheap dealer installed stuff. Maybe I will replace this winter. The key fob is the more important part. We called Pop-A-lock and they were saying under $200 but I am skeptical because they say no warranty after it is installed, thought it is the 6 button fob.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed some colorlugs on my truck last night. Not going to lie, wasn’t expecting much but they turned out well!

f927ae4e54687a2ee4ff010e83098c1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread