5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Skater

Reaction score

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
A/C hack for when you are driving, but you could leave a ball of sourdough in a lightly buttered pan on your dash in the morning and by lunchtime your truck will smell like a bakery and you can make sandwiches from the well-cooked loaf. Man, that is hot! I would not want to live in Phoenix.
IThe temperature is now up in Kuwait 136.5f /58c

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Running board lights were these.

2PCs 70 inch Truck LED Running Board Lights Side Marker Lighting Kits Truck Bed lights 216-SMD LEDs Waterproof Flexible Turn Signal Light Bar Strip fo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XG195WY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_KCcdaKC9CKb3o

Bed lights were these.

Nilight 2PCS 60'' 180 LEDs Bed Strip Kit with Waterproof on/Off Switch Blade Fuse 2-Way Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXR799K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_nRp8ERBDRWYsL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Surveying the situation today.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Warning on the Running board lights with sequential turn signal. The sequential turn signal does not operate properly unless the white wire has constant power which would be your white light. I did not want to drive with my white lights on all the time so I just live with the sequential not working very well. It works OK but it just doesn’t sweep all the way across smoothly

Thanks. I guess I didn't know we had sequential turn signals. That wouldn't bother me either.

TenBear

Reaction score
The wire tap Location for the bed lighting is:
Look underneath on the driver side near the bumper. I followed the wire from the factory light down to the connector ( see photo ). You’re going to tap into the WHITE wire. I confirmed this with my circuit tester. I unplugged the connector. I clipped the ground on one end of the light tester to the chassis and poked the three different wires coming from that clip when the bed lighting was on. Super easy to do. I used a wire tap that has a female spade connector on it. Then I took two wires and crimped one male spade connector on one end of the both of the wires together and a female spade connector on each end of the other wires. That way I can plug both Sides driver and passenger into the same wire. Then just crimp a male spade at the end of the power wire from the bed light and courtesy step light and plugged each side into the female spade plugs and grounded the other wires. I suggest you get a couple packages of these ( Photo attached ) waterproof connectors. I soldered and heat shrink one end of the waterproof connectors at the ends of the bed lighting and courtesy step light strips and the other end to the wire running back to the connectors at the back of the truck. That way in case The strips go bad you just unplug it replace it without having to run all the wire back. Everything connects with the waterproof connectors midway where the cab and the bed meet all tucked away and zip tied so you can always access it and unplug it and swap out a strip if it ever goes bad or burns out etc ( cheap Chinese Amazon lights ). I also put a little dielectric grease inside all the fittings just for extra precaution.
408d2b8ecaa187895f4f2f4a295c9c1a.jpg
1ea1b99abb744e871ab8b6d95157f7f3.jpg
fd5177ac215b3ea2a7ba33256a1ff5c7.jpg
fe98cd4b7f319483d309ff327b6a522b.jpg

Great write up. Can you also inform on where to tap into for the turn signal function?

RamVader

Reaction score
Great write up. Can you also inform on where to tap into for the turn signal function?

Yes. I tapped the turn signal and ground wires into the Curtis trailer wire adapter that I used for the opt 7 light bar. Yellow wire for left turn signal, green wire for right turn signal, white wire ground. I hope this helps

TenBear

Reaction score
Yes. I tapped the turn signal and ground wires into the Curtis trailer wire adapter that I used for the opt 7 light bar. Yellow wire for left turn signal, green wire for right turn signal, white wire ground. I hope this helps

Perfect, thank you it does.

thrillracing

Reaction score
I started to remove badging and change to black. I also used GTechniq Wheel Armour today. I actually am not hating my wheels and I know it’ll be a year before I get new ones so taking care of them as much as possible.

I’ll get the rest of the black badges soon and will probably remove the off-road sticker too.

d97c06eabb59594ef16ffa4de28ad7ad.jpg

51f10404a9948398c8e46ec0dc5d9a34.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread