5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Extang EnCore this morning. Might be my favorite cover ever. You cannot beat the material Extang uses for this cover as well as the solid fold.
e7bddfb7f659c9c7fd87b70059c61695.jpg

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Over the weekend I made me my own tie down system for the truck bed, installed my 6 switch light controller, installed some led bed lights, got my light bar and rear rack lights wired in and running through the switch controller. Also since my top rack is removable from from the rest of the system I made the small light cube a quick disconnect with some waterproof connectors so I can remove the top rack as needed with less hassle.

How did you attach the uni to the bed side? I’ve been thinking about doing this exact same thing, curious how you attached the uni strut to the truck.

sergetexan

Reaction score
Took the truck out for its first camping trip, handled great, have a few tweaks to do for packing but thats why you go out and learn what works and what doesn't. Also may look into air bags for the rear because of the level kit in the front and the weight in the back when packed up the front sits about 1.5'' higher. View attachment 63546 View attachment 63547 View attachment 63548
Please advise the raised Tent rack you have and where you purchased , I am looking for one that fits in stake holes like yours

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
How well does the Hellwig worK? Tightens it up for cornering?
Not to speak for the other member, but the Hellwig is one of the most universally well liked parts I've seen for any vehicle. Everyone who's gotten one, and there are many, has sung its praises and said it is an absolute must for our trucks.
And yes, it tightens up in corners and reduces body roll.

flipback23

Reaction score
How did you attach the uni to the bed side? I’ve been thinking about doing this exact same thing, curious how you attached the uni strut to the truck.
I used some toggler snap anchors, but since the sidewall of the truck is thin I used 4 1/2 washers to give it the meat for the two pieces to lock into. Keep in mind Im just using these to attach my cargo net or ratchet straps to so Im not sure if they can handle holding an atv or anything big in place. They are rated at 80lb load per location. You drill a 1/2 hole into the sidewall, then before I insert the metal part into the hole I slid it through the 4 washers, then inserted the metal piece into the hole then slid the plastic anchor piece down to lock it into place. After that mounted the uni with 1/4-20 1 1/2 bolts so that there was plenty of thread going into the anchor. It seems pretty solid. On you tube people used the same things to mount there hi lift jack brackets so should be good to go.

Attachments

• toggler.png
    toggler.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 129
  • with washers.jpg
    with washers.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 129

Cease11

Reaction score
you got that right.now try and do it with "Arthritis" o_O .i had to take it to and "Installer"(y)$$!

Lol! Glad I wasn’t the only one! My wife brought me a beer and told me to take a break after she saw how frustrated I was.

PHFT

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8400.jpg
    IMG_8400.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8401.jpg
    IMG_8401.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Kelan

Reaction score
Installed my new running boards!

IMG_3861.jpg
IMG_3861.jpg IMG_3859.jpg IMG_3858.jpg IMG_3860.jpg

Go Rhino RB20 "Raptor-style" running boards. Found them on Amazon for $408 +tax. Easy install (1.5 hrs with the wife yelling that we needed to be somewhere), and I'm not very mechanical.

They are a lighter than the Westin Outlaws I originally ordered. Those were returned before install because of damage that appeared to be pre-shipping. Took my refund and bought these instead of waiting another month for Westin to replace the others.

VERY happy with them so far. Followed the advice of someone's review and installed with the wider end at the front. Small complaint, because I'm picky... I was able to slide them back and forth on the brackets and line up the boards so two of the three mounts were hidden when looking top down through the holes. But the rear bracket can be seen.

Overall 9 out of 10 stars.

Nickjansen

Reaction score
Put AMS oil SS oil & filter instead of Pennzoil PUP this time. While it drained.. I installed S&B air intake (sooo purrrrrdy). Also replaced cabin air filter with K&N rechargeable cabin air filter. Now just waiting too get off work so I can go for the first drive and try and see any difference in oil temps.. engine response and how clean my inside air smells :p

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took it to get its first oil change and first CEL diagnosis. Something triggered an error with the/a transfer case sensor. Hopefully it's nothing.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
Put AMS oil SS oil & filter instead of Pennzoil PUP this time. While it drained.. I installed S&B air intake (sooo purrrrrdy). Also replaced cabin air filter with K&N rechargeable cabin air filter. Now just waiting too get off work so I can go for the first drive and try and see any difference in oil temps.. engine response and how clean my inside air smells :p
Is the S&B worth it for the sound? Not looking for huge gains, just a nice growl...

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Work in progress .... 2 coats of turtle wax ceramic coating already on her, washing with ONR and using turtle wax ceramic spray wax as drying air with a damp towel. Zero streaking.

5e9b1f8c3ece4f1efcde0d96b2028838.jpg

Yes I didn’t wash the tires, that’s for another day. She is big

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Work in progress .... 2 coats of turtle wax ceramic coating already on her, washing with ONR and using turtle wax ceramic spray wax as drying air with a damp towel. Zero streaking.

5e9b1f8c3ece4f1efcde0d96b2028838.jpg

Yes I didn’t wash the tires, that’s for another day. She is big

I see you use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray wax. Love that product, it's an easy spray wax that works great not just on the paint, but the plastic trim and rubber seals, crinkle finish bumpers, light lenses, even great on glass! I can simply mist my whole truck and wipe down with a microfiber towel. No need for several products and having to avoid getting plastic dressing on paint, etc. You put it on everything!

Users who are viewing this thread