5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just attempted to mount the utility rails I got in this week. While they will clear (barely) half of the rail is unusable as the swing cases block them. To get any use out of them you’d have to remove the swing cases. You also could no longer open the cases in the closed position. These two reasons made me put the rails back in the box to return.

I’m now on the hunt for some d-rings with 3” centers or I’m going to order some weld on rings and make my own mounts to put 3 d-rings along the inside of the bed using the holes for the utility rails and nutserts. Hope this helps you decide whether you want to go down this road or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I debated on the bed rails for several months. I ended up realizing I really only wanted a rail at the back (towards the cab) like I had in my Titan as I mounted my tri bike to it. I settled for installing 4 Bull Rings in the corners, and I might do D rings as well if I can find some heavy duty ones like you're suggesting. I'll have to find some other way to secure my bike in the bed.

K_Hub

Reaction score
I debated on the bed rails for several months. I ended up realizing I really only wanted a rail at the back (towards the cab) like I had in my Titan as I mounted my tri bike to it. I settled for installing 4 Bull Rings in the corners, and I might do D rings as well if I can find some heavy duty ones like you're suggesting. I'll have to find some other way to secure my bike in the bed.

I had some bull rings as well but with my newly ordered roll top I’m picking up tomorrow they won’t fit either.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Installed smoked/black license plate cover and frame to tone down the white plates.
e276290ad81e2b284bff8bf04a4391b7.jpg

dv8er

Reaction score
Something hit the window on highway around 71 MPG. Can't tell damage from inside above angle but it looks like a hole when looked at driver position.

Dang, that really sucks. At least you're getting phenomenal gas mileage!

As someone else mentioned, many insurance companies will replace it at little or no cost and without penalty if you have comprehensive coverage. It sounds like you've already replaced it, but maybe they would provide at least a partial reimbursement.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a few things done this weekend, and I'm waiting on my wheels to come in this week. Kicker speakers in the dash, bull rings in the corners, Quick Time Performance exhaust cutout with an electric butterfly valve so I don't p*ss off the neighborhood. This thing is LOUD.

Wheels coming in are Level 8 MK6's.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
Got a few things done this weekend, and I'm waiting on my wheels to come in this week. Kicker speakers in the dash, bull rings in the corners, Quick Time Performance exhaust cutout with an electric butterfly valve so I don't p*ss off the neighborhood. This thing is LOUD.

Wheels coming in are Level 8 MK6's.
What size wheels are you going with? I'm looking for wheels for mine and I'm thinking of staying with an 18" wheel.

Bizkit

Reaction score

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size wheels are you going with? I'm looking for wheels for mine and I'm thinking of staying with an 18" wheel.
18x9, 0 offset. The additional width plus 18mm difference from stock will push my tires out about 1.25" which is almost exactly where I want them. Personal opinion, but I feel like large wheels (20+) on trucks are worthless. The ride is worse, towing/payload performance is worse, off-road performance is worse. Smaller sidewall tires are also typically more expensive.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
18x9, 0 offset. The additional width plus 18mm difference from stock will push my tires out about 1.25" which is almost exactly where I want them. Personal opinion, but I feel like large wheels (20+) on trucks are worthless. The ride is worse, towing/payload performance is worse, off-road performance is worse. Smaller sidewall tires are also typically more expensive.
Yeah that was my thinking also,I'm trying to decide between 0 offset and-12 offset. I had 20s and 35s on my wrangler and it looked good but it was definitely a bumpy ride.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're in for a surprise, the touring is pretty damn loud. You may want to get a resonator to add in between the flange and muffler. Borla offers one, but a Magnaflow 18" can be had for half the cost. Do some searching on here and you can find the part number some have used. I kept my factory system and just added a Borla 40353 muffler only. Loving it, just what I wanted, a little more volume and deep tone.

YellowSled

Reaction score
Ordered more parts today:
VENUM 1.5 inch wheel spacers. LINK HERE

Parts waiting for me at home:
- AMBULL Shackle Hitch Receiver 2 Inch, with 3/4 Inch D-Ring Shackle, White: LINK HERE
- Borla Muffler 40359
- 2 inch leveling springs for rear
- OEM slush mats
- K&N Drop in filter 33-2247
- Leather covers for Keyfobs
- Line-x Liner will be done as soon as i hit stateside

done:
Tint

Wreckm

Reaction score
2020 Black :cautious: Rebel

Clay barred yesterday followed with chemical guys jet seal. Came out pretty damn good.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Soooo with all the "schlepping i had to do with my work being put in crates to & fro working from home, i wanted to make sure my cloth seats didn't get ruined so i went looking for a solution....

i bought these from Walmart of all places (online) i must admit for 40 bucks didn't expect much, but i was amazed....

OLD:

View attachment 56181

they are a lot better than the chair pad i had put there to make sure no dirt or scratches got on the seat but they REALLY look nice too!

View attachment 56182

View attachment 56183

and the included hardware gizmos REALLY keep them in place...under side power seat:

View attachment 56184

manual passenger:

View attachment 56186

REAR:

View attachment 56187

i mean, don't get me wrong, still a little ghetto BUT if u have a pet or have to put some thing on ur seat, these really protect them : ) and i've never posted a link in here for an item, don't even know if ur allowed to but IF ya are and IF ya wanna know the name, just ask : )

I’ve seen a lot more ghetto for a lot more money. Those aren’t bad at all. May have to look for some in black

ktl5005

Reaction score
Ordered a Borla touring exhaust this morning. Just wanted a little more sound.
If you only wanted "alittle" the Borla is going to be LOUD.
If you look a page back, or in the modificaiton section you can hear my Blastin Bobs'. Nice deep tone, minimal drone, barely hear it under curising and under throttle not obnoxious

ktl5005

Reaction score
Been working on me the past few days. Clay bar it to get off surfact contaminats, tar removal in the wheel wells, Adam's one step polish to get out the swirls, and evenutally CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coat.

Also sending it off tonight for tint, along with headlight/fog light and front end paint protection film

Users who are viewing this thread