5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

XGen5Ram

Reaction score
I ordered some CDT cl-69s' for the front doors since I am going to be in there anyways adding the passive entry.
Are you adding passive entry to your Ram and if so how can I get it done as well?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you adding passive entry to your Ram and if so how can I get it done as well?
I got lucky and was one of the ones that was able to get the sales code added to my VIN by a member on here, without that its currently not possible to add passive entry. People are working on getting FCA to allow this across the board but no updates as of yet. The parts are about $3-350 and then you have to take it to the dealer so they can do a restore factory config with their scan tool.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I got lucky and was one of the ones that was able to get the sales code added to my VIN by a member on here, without that its currently not possible to add passive entry. People are working on getting FCA to allow this across the board but no updates as of yet. The parts are about $3-350 and then you have to take it to the dealer so they can do a restore factory config with their scan tool.
You got all the parts already?

BLAM

Reaction score
Not what I did, but what I discovered. I know, there already other threads about this, but wanted to point out the headlight condensation issue is not solved. Haven't seen any 2020 owner complaints, just early build 2019s. Was locking the truck last night to go into work and saw this condensation shining through the headlight beam. At first I thought I might have done something to my headlights by putting LED bulbs in there a couple of weeks ago, but come to find out this has been a prevalent issue. The first picture taken around 4pm yesterday is not great for the headlights, but you can see there is no moisture evident on the passenger side. The other pictures were taken this morning after I got off work. Did some research on this issue last night and it looks like I may have a battle on my hands getting these replaced by the dealership; I hope I am wrong. I tried to upload the video, but not sure how to do so.

I like those additional lights. Can you please send me a link.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You got all the parts already?
Yea the last handle finally showed up a couple of days ago(a week after the rest of the parts). Going to wait for the speakers to show up before I dive into it. I'm doing my lowering kit and sway bar tomorrow so hopefully next weekend I get the passive installed.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I installed a bull bar - not sure I have seen anyone else with this mod to date.

I also bought OEM tow hooks and sprayed them red before mounting.

I like the look.

I need one of those after my front in collision.
Getting a new bumper installed right now as I’m typing this.
7305c8e1b8d25ca7c7cbd62c6c143e34.jpg

9691c69c05edfbdf02e5ec94257263dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Any rub with the new tires? Are those OEM rims. I am leaning toward a mopar lift, with what looks like the same wheels and want to put grapplers on, leaning toward that size.
Hows the ride, what do you think of the 5100's.
Love the Alfa, I had a giulia quadrifoglio for a year traded for my ram. Was an awesome car, wish I kept it as a second ride.
So far no rub. I haven't driven it a whole lot, but I've been cutting it hard anytime I pull in or back out somewhere. Yes they are the factory 22s. I'm still wanting to put some more miles on the bilsteins before I give a honest review but so far the ride didn't change a whole lot. Smaller bumps like expansion joints I feel more. It is a little bit stiffer, but I'm sure as everything settles it will smooth up more. They also put a little more pressure than I usually run into the tires so that may be some of it as well. Overall though I'm very happy with it. It still rides WAY smoother than my '17 Silverado with a 6" BDS.

Yeah the Alfa is a very fun SUV to drive. We love it just right now it's a little bit of a tight squeeze with our newborns rear facing car seat lol. I'm really hoping the wife doesn't decide she needs something bigger lol.

Lungs414

Reaction score
So far no rub. I haven't driven it a whole lot, but I've been cutting it hard anytime I pull in or back out somewhere. Yes they are the factory 22s. I'm still wanting to put some more miles on the bilsteins before I give a honest review but so far the ride didn't change a whole lot. Smaller bumps like expansion joints I feel more. It is a little bit stiffer, but I'm sure as everything settles it will smooth up more. They also put a little more pressure than I usually run into the tires so that may be some of it as well. Overall though I'm very happy with it. It still rides WAY smoother than my '17 Silverado with a 6" BDS.

Yeah the Alfa is a very fun SUV to drive. We love it just right now it's a little bit of a tight squeeze with our newborns rear facing car seat lol. I'm really hoping the wife doesn't decide she needs something bigger lol.
Thanks for the response. Best of luck with the newbies, enjoy it goes by way too quickly.

XGen5Ram

Reaction score
Added 3 inch nerf bars.. these were the cheapest I could find.. future will be some 6 inch running boards wheel to wheel..

Attachments

• E62436A4-5518-4341-8DBC-F4942EAAB3D9.jpeg
    E62436A4-5518-4341-8DBC-F4942EAAB3D9.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 80

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not today but hadn't seen this posted on 5th Gen yet - I added a pretty nice modular rack by AgriCover - the Aluminum Pro (as always, great deal from Lucas at Truck Alterations)

For anyone with a flip up cover, this is likely the only one that works as it's rail mounted, vertical sides to allow a full flip of all sections and if you want, you can add a lower set of towers in between to create a two tiered setup... which I'll hopefully do at some point

1588356743151.png

XGen5Ram

Reaction score
I’m wondering if they make an after market one with its own mini key fob.. I would just attach it to my keys and call it a day for now..

Users who are viewing this thread