5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just replaced the cabin air filter. Yuck.
Only 12k miles on the truck. Good to know these things are doing their job:

Very easy to do:

First, empty glovebox:

IMG_4951.jpeg

Remove glovebox lid by grabbing it and pulling up and out (it has three hinge points where it pops out):

IMG_4952.jpeg

Remove the filter cover. It has tabs on each side you have to press to pull out. Careful removing the filter so as to not drop crud inside the vehicle. Air flow is from top to bottom.

IMG_4959.jpeg

And here's the old filter:

IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_4957.jpeg
IMG_4958.jpeg

After getting the new filter ready, reverse the process. Easy peasy. Done!

Here's the filter I used. Available at Amazon, of course. Click here for link.

IMG_4949.jpeg IMG_4950.jpeg

Link Here

Cheers,
Neurobit

IsThisColeman

Reaction score
Installed a Softopper
1ac1b44a9b8921da3d798818a8380718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lungs414

Reaction score
Just replaced the cabin air filter. Yuck.
Only 12k miles on the truck. Good to know these things are doing their job:

Very easy to do:

First, empty glovebox:

View attachment 53837

Remove glovebox lid by grabbing it and pulling up and out (it has three hinge points where it pops out):

View attachment 53840

Remove the filter cover. It has tabs on each side you have to press to pull out. Careful removing the filter so as to not drop crud inside the vehicle. Air flow is from top to bottom.

View attachment 53831

And here's the old filter:

View attachment 53842
View attachment 53843
View attachment 53835

After getting the new filter ready, reverse the process. Easy peasy. Done!

Here's the filter I used. Available at Amazon, of course. Click here for link.

View attachment 53838 View attachment 53841

Link Here

Cheers,
Neurobit
Is it recommended y mileage or time for replacement?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the B2 Fab 14” muffler. Fired it up with everything from the first resonator back removed, and I couldn’t believe how smooth this engine sounded. Makes me wanna straight pipe it. My 5.6 Nissan would rattle your fillings out and sounded obnoxious with nothing. I’m gonna give it some time and then decide on the rear res delete. I’d like to keep it comfortable on the highway still since that’s most of my driving.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Received my Heininger Hitchmate cargo bar today. I don’t remember whose bar I had on my previous truck but there is no comparison. This thing is stout!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who’s been checking out my YouTube channel. Just hit over 275k views!!!!! Definitely a spike in viewership when I added a Ram to my channel.

That said, here’s my latest video showing how I installed the Trigger 4 plus system. Overall pretty cool controller. Switches are a little underwhelming but overall happy with my wireless controllability.

b7fd077ea9f5cd3717cb7a4c0e105821.jpg

4f6f9e2b299ac9f20a519b3326251310.jpg
Any prior experience with the OZ light bar? I like it but read a few bad reviews on durability and 1 year warranty is making me think to just go with the RC light bar since I would be getting brackets from them anyway. Just for the record I know Jack about light bars so I don't know whats good or bad... Lol.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any prior experience with the OZ light bar? I like it but read a few bad reviews on durability and 1 year warranty is making me think to just go with the RC light bar since I would be getting brackets from them anyway. Just for the record I know Jack about light bars so I don't know whats good or bad... Lol.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

They are the only bars I have used. I’ve had good luck with them. One precaution I do take is I open them up and add a bead of silicone around the edge to make sure they are fully sealed. Output is good for my application. It’s no Baja Designs or Rigid bar but gets the job done for a reasonable price tag.

412170b9d66306e6f5a351e0db1addc3.jpg

Gumpa

Reaction score
Headlights...I cleaned the p!$$ out of them with dawn soap and water, then air-dried with hairdryer, trimmed all handling tabs off with razor, peel then sprits the light and Lamin-X with Rapid-Tac solution, placed them on the lens, positioned them where I wanted it, and had to stretch it from right to left for the curvature of the light not to have a buckle in the laminate and had my wife on squiggy (with felt) duty and she began in the center at the curve in light and worked her way left, right, up & down. Let air dry for a few, then hairdryer for a few. Trimmed edges with a razor, then hit it with a heat gun on low from about 3-4 inches away for a good 5 minutes a side. Cloudy here today, but with a few days in the sun, they will only get better, and they already look great, so.

Fogs...Outlined the opening with a dry-erasable marker on the lens, removed them from the truck, laid the opening markers out with tape, cleaned and dried, removed the handling tabs with razor, peel then sprits with Rapid-Tac, position the Lamin-X on it and squiggy it out, remove the tape, hairdryer for a few, cleaned and reinstalled them onto the truck.
That looks great! And thanks for the write-up. I am looking at doing it too and I want to do the mirror lights also.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I was finally able to try out some new detailing stuff that I bought a couple of months ago. A Sunjoe spx 3000 pressure washer, a foam cannon and some Turtle wax ice snow foam, among other products.

It took a lot longer than I anticipated but I wasn’t trying to rush either. I think once I get a system down it’ll be better.

59B1E258-456A-41B7-AB32-C0B706FC8085.jpeg

Truckguy

Reaction score
Installed the B2 Fab 14” muffler. Fired it up with everything from the first resonator back removed, and I couldn’t believe how smooth this engine sounded. Makes me wanna straight pipe it. My 5.6 Nissan would rattle your fillings out and sounded obnoxious with nothing. I’m gonna give it some time and then decide on the rear res delete. I’d like to keep it comfortable on the highway still since that’s most of my driving.
I have been looking at their mufflers. Did you go with the less aggressive sound based on the website? Also any chance you could get a sound clip?

Users who are viewing this thread