5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What dealer do you use? I hope its not Bay ridge dodge. They suck ***. Unfortunately so does Brooklyn Dodge
Interesting, live in Staten Island and never bought a car here. Dealers think they have you locked in because of bridges. Went to the SI dealership and gave me the line "what do you want to pay?" when I answered he said I have the wrong truck. No, I have the wrong dealership. Didn't bother continuing the conversation.
Did all my shopping in NJ. Feel sorry for you Brooklyn guys to go to NJ. Bridge tolls are a killer.
As far as I am concerned you can add the SI dealership to your list. Parking issues are also a horror, although probably better than Brooklyn.

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one who has put these on with the logo up front. I just didn't like the wider look up front and narrow in the back.
View attachment 53425

Hahaha, I had the same dilema as to which way I liked them better when I was putting them on and ultimately just went with how they were installed on most trucks.

Jayturk

Reaction score
Pretty difficult? I have mine in a box in the garage. Having a hard time finding someone to put them on right now. Debating doing the hood and sides myself. Never done something so large though.
Watched some videos on doing it via the “wet” method.
The wet method is the most forgiving, allows you to move, redo.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Ordered the foam bottle holder for the passenger door. Didn’t even know they existed. Ordered from BAM
5YK46TX7AC​
Cup-Holder, Right​
$14.46​
1​
$14.46​

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
What dealer do you use? I hope its not Bay ridge dodge. They suck ***. Unfortunately so does Brooklyn Dodge
It’s Bayside Chrysler and they are garbage as well. They told me today that it’s a bad alternator draining the battery and now I have to wait for the part. No loaners, didn’t find the problem during the first visit (mind you they had the truck for 24 hours the first visit), they told RAM customer care that they replaced the battery on the first visit which they did not, and I’m still stuck with a truck that needs a boost every time I need to start it. It’s pathetic. I still need 2 more failed attempts at fixing this before I can claim it a lemon.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Interesting, live in Staten Island and never bought a car here. Dealers think they have you locked in because of bridges. Went to the SI dealership and gave me the line "what do you want to pay?" when I answered he said I have the wrong truck. No, I have the wrong dealership. Didn't bother continuing the conversation.
Did all my shopping in NJ. Feel sorry for you Brooklyn guys to go to NJ. Bridge tolls are a killer.
As far as I am concerned you can add the SI dealership to your list. Parking issues are also a horror, although probably better than Brooklyn.
LMAO. That is exactly right never buy on staten island. Most residents won't leave and they know it. My mothers cousin worked as a salesman for them. She told me to call him, he said come down. I did, what a joke. He said the truck in the color I wanted isn't in the immediate area and said he is "giving" me it for $250 over invoice. I said Ill let you know. Went home called a dealer in jersey, had my color with more options in stock for $1K less. When he called me to say when do I want to come in, I texted him a pick of the truck and the price I paid. I told he needs to find another dealer to work for. He was pissed, said I embarrassed him to his bosses. I sent him a bitmoji of me laughing....

BLAM

Reaction score
It’s Bayside Chrysler and they are garbage as well. They told me today that it’s a bad alternator draining the battery and now I have to wait for the part. No loaners, didn’t find the problem during the first visit (mind you they had the truck for 24 hours the first visit), they told RAM customer care that they replaced the battery on the first visit which they did not, and I’m still stuck with a truck that needs a boost every time I need to start it. It’s pathetic. I still need 2 more failed attempts at fixing this before I can claim it a lemon.

I feel for you bro. Why won't they give you a loaner? Is this not included? Coming from luxury cars, I don't really know Ram's policy on loaners but I thought that was included.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why won't they give you a loaner? Is this not included? Coming from luxury cars, I don't really know Ram's policy on loaners but I thought that was included.
Depends on the service center I think

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I feel for you bro. Why won't they give you a loaner? Is this not included? Coming from luxury cars, I don't really know Ram's policy on loaners but I thought that was included.
I thought the same but it’s dealer specific. Not every dealer offers loaners. The best they can do is a shuttle service or drop you off at the nearby enterprise. I would of taken my business elsewhere had I known not every dealer offers loaners. It’s absurd.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LMAO. That is exactly right never buy on staten island. Most residents won't leave and they know it. My mothers cousin worked as a salesman for them. She told me to call him, he said come down. I did, what a joke. He said the truck in the color I wanted isn't in the immediate area and said he is "giving" me it for $250 over invoice. I said Ill let you know. Went home called a dealer in jersey, had my color with more options in stock for $1K less. When he called me to say when do I want to come in, I texted him a pick of the truck and the price I paid. I told he needs to find another dealer to work for. He was pissed, said I embarrassed him to his bosses. I sent him a bitmoji of me laughing....
I bought my first new car in 1985. It was a Toyota Corolla 5 speed and Toyota was on fire back then. With no coaching and ignorance on my part I paid msrp. So it can happen but not again to me.

While shopping for my Ram I talked to some salesmen who worked in the SI dealership. They basically called the "sales manager" a JO & A hole. I think they characterized the individual appropriately from my experience. I am not exactly sure of his position but I think he did get a "title", I believe in lieu of pay.

James8563

Reaction score
A7479628-80D6-4CE9-A6E3-EDBD5A0BC229.jpeg 2inch ready lift with UCA’s installed came out and it came out perfect awesome stance! . 4WP did the alignment for free! First Responders are getting that deal all month if getting work done on truck.it was $260 for the install.$450 for the ready lift kit on amazon.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Got the undercoating refreshed and then gave the girl a foam bath and wiped her down with some CarPro Reload for my ceramic coating.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200421-163430_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200421-163430_Gallery.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 120

UaRam

Reaction score
Just did a 2.5 leveling kit and 285/65/20 BF Goodrich KO2s on stock wheels, nothing rubs and rides perfect!!!

Attachments

• AEB1B830-1E7E-4FF0-B695-F9B42A40C63C.jpeg
    AEB1B830-1E7E-4FF0-B695-F9B42A40C63C.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 277180B0-C16D-446B-BC8B-3DD96B09F840.jpeg
    277180B0-C16D-446B-BC8B-3DD96B09F840.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 155
  • CAB44B80-638B-40A3-A8B9-26A48C9B75E7.jpeg
    CAB44B80-638B-40A3-A8B9-26A48C9B75E7.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread