5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a Retrax Pro MX cover. I’ve owned a truck for 16yrs and never had a cover on my bed. I really regret not having one on my last truck, so this was one of the first additions I wanted to make to my new 2020!
46980961861c28d72eda7f861a3fa3b6.jpg
bdbbc9ede99206c99114340dfa7dea4e.jpg

Ronbhaines

Reaction score
Just did a 2.5 leveling kit and 285/65/20 BF Goodrich KO2s on stock wheels, nothing rubs and rides perfect!!!
What were your center to fender measurements before and now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
T nut rail for my short bed w/Multifunctuon tailgate. Use it to mount my motorcycle wheel chock and a winch, to pull the bike into the bed.

Beds with MFT and brackets have a well-reinforced box-section forward lip. Couldn’t do this without that.

1587523100853.jpeg

Getting the spacers into position in that bed lip box section required some unique “tools” (and much colorful language) but it worked.

RAM did some serious reinforcing here...

Ride2little

Reaction score
T nut rail for my short bed w/Multifunctuon tailgate. Use it to mount my motorcycle wheel chock and a winch, to pull the bike into the bed.

Beds with MFT and brackets have a well-reinforced box-section forward lip. Couldn’t do this without that.

View attachment 53528

Getting the spacers into position in that bed lip box section required some unique “tools” (and much colorful language) but it worked.

RAM did some serious reinforcing here...
NIce! i was just looking at this set-up .
But I was planning on mounting it lower so that it would work w my dirt bike and mini. The front of the bed isn't reinforced like that lip.
What set-up do you have there?

Reactions: cj7

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NIce! i was just looking at this set-up .
But I was planning on mounting it lower so that it would work w my dirt bike and mini. The front of the bed isn't reinforced like that lip.
What set-up do you have there?
That’s a cool option! My rail is the front rail from a Frontier. Had one b4, and when I saw this bar on eBay, the mental gears started turning. ..

if you mount it lower, I would do a couple things:
- use angle iron or U-bar as a backer bar behind the box front sheet metal. There’s not much fore-aft strength there.
- if you have a choice, mount it at the same height as the side rails, if you have them. This way you can use 45 deg angle brackets as corner brackets for reinforcement if needed. Fastenal has some off-the-shelf that are a perfect fit.

Looks like fun - what do you ride?

Last edited:

johntashka18

Reaction score
Looks badass!! what do you have for a lift and any rubbing?

2 1/2 front strut spacers

I had to trim the front mud flaps . It rubbed when turning the wheel half way left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kipeharris

Reaction score
I am looking to buy straight out or am willing to trade my 20" 2019 Laramie wheels and tires that as of today have 10.625 miles on them (rotated twice). I am open to all REASONABLE OFFERS. Below are pictures of the wheels that are up for trade.

Let's MAKE A DEAL!

Located in North West TX

Attachments

• truck wheels 2.png
    truck wheels 2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 81

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to buy straight out or am willing to trade my 20" 2019 Laramie wheels and tires that as of today have 10.625 miles on them (rotated twice). I am open to all REASONABLE OFFERS. Below are pictures of the wheels that are up for trade.

Let's MAKE A DEAL!

Located in North West TX
You'd probably have better luck posting this in the regional or buy/sell forum as this will get lost pretty quickly.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking about installing the Hellwig. I don’t anticipate towing very often, but I’ve heard it makes the truck a bit more stable in turns. The ride is already great and I wouldn’t want to do anything to change that. Can you give us your thoughts on how it’s affected your ride? Thanks.

The sway bar doesn't really affect up and down motion. It just controls side to side and body roll. So, it makes it feel better in turns without affecting the ride going straight down the road. There is a tradeoff, though, if you do any serious offroading. The stiffer control of body roll means that it is more limiting to the suspension's articulation - so it doesn't handle rock crawling type of stuff as well.

The sway bar is awesome except the bushings are squeaky :ROFLMAO:- I ended up using the end links from my BDS kit insead of the supplied ones.... I need to find some bad *** grease...other than that it makes a huge difference- Im on the middle setting.

I only used the grease that came with mine. Had it on for a few months and several thousand miles. I haven't heard any squeaking yet.

Interesting. What does your wheel chock setup look like?

When I need to haul my motorcycle, I use this wheel chock:

$60 from Harbor Freight. It doesn't install. I just set it in the bed when I'm going to use it, and take it out when I'm not using it.

The upright portion is adjustable position. I have it set just far enough back so that the front of the chock can be up against the bed wall and the front wheel of the bike is far enough back to not hit my rolled up tonneau cover (a Bak Revolver X4). 2 tie-down straps from the lower triple clamp to the bed loops in the front corners of the bed and the bike isn't going anywhere. I put 2 more tie-down straps on the back of the bike just to make sure the back of the bike doesn't move side to side at all (e.g. if I go over bumps while cornering).

This setup is working well for hauling my KTM 1290 Super Adventure. I don't need a winch. I just drive the bike up a ramp (walking up a ramp next to it as I drive it up). Of course, if the engine were dead, getting it up there would be dang near impossible without a very convenient ditch or something. Or at least a couple of buddies to push it.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
A

Are these tips the same as the ones that come from factory?
If you want to save hundreds, skip the Mopar middleman and install the Borla S exhaust. It is identical to the Mopar exhaust, since Borla makes it for Mopar... and, even better, the Borla kit includes new 5” tips (black or chrome) - whereas Mopar’s P/N Borla exhaust does not.

omamatt

Reaction score
If you want to save hundreds, skip the Mopar middleman and install the Borla S exhaust. It is identical to the Mopar exhaust, since Borla makes it for Mopar... and, even better, the Borla kit includes new 5” tips (black or chrome) - whereas Mopar’s P/N Borla exhaust does not.
I have an EcoDiesel. :-(. I was just wondering if the 5" tips are the same as the ones that came on my Limited.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
I have an EcoDiesel. :-(. I was just wondering if the 5" tips are the same as the ones that came on my Limited.
Ahhhh.... different animal, different exhaust ball game for the diesel. Sorry, I missed that part.

Users who are viewing this thread