5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Gumpa

Reaction score
Finally scored both Rebel tail lights on ebay and got them installed today. Been watching since last summer when I cracked one of mine, finally found them both a couple weeks ago from two different sellers.

20200417_143620.jpg
20200417_143602.jpg
Kind of a before and after, I took the pics after I got one swapped. I wanted to test drive it after one was replaced because I heard something about the PCM might not like a different cross path detector and give you a warning or code. Then you would have to calibrate the sensor. I had no trouble with either of them, but I haven't actually tested the cross path, only the blind spots.

ny2az

Reaction score
Finally scored both Rebel tail lights on ebay and got them installed today. Been watching since last summer when I cracked one of mine, finally found them both a couple weeks ago from two different sellers.

View attachment 53035
View attachment 53036
Kind of a before and after, I took the pics after I got one swapped. I wanted to test drive it after one was replaced because I heard something about the PCM might not like a different cross path detector and give you a warning or code. Then you would have to calibrate the sensor. I had no trouble with either of them, but I haven't actually tested the cross path, only the blind spots.

l like these lights alot w/ the black accents ... would have liked these on my limited much more than the straight red tails ... good improvement ...

timtlu

Reaction score
ebay has it for $132 w/ free shipping ...

Is this all that's needed to install for trailer towing? I'm looking at getting a small trailer to tow and trying to figure out the cost of getting the Ram tow ready. What about the switch that goes on the dash?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had pieced together what I was told I needed and it was like (4) pieces.

Ryan10

Reaction score
Just installed

Fuel Rebel 20x9x1
Bfgoodrich 285/65r20 ko2

9cc15275206d47566c04a6e4e92ea11c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks badass!! what do you have for a lift and any rubbing?

ny2az

Reaction score
Is this all that's needed to install for trailer towing? I'm looking at getting a small trailer to tow and trying to figure out the cost of getting the Ram tow ready. What about the switch that goes on the dash?

this kit includes l believe all you need ... dash switch, controller, controller bracket and hardware....great price for this kit ...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased this exact kit offhand ? I don’t want to buy and then find out now I need three more parts that I have to scrounge around for please. :)

Jayturk

Reaction score
Installed Redline LED tailgate lights. The space to mount is not flush, i.e., tailgate harness cover, so I used spacers. The two ends near the taillights are angled. wtf. Did anyone build the ends up to mount the lights on? Thanks. Special thanks to dts828 for your guidance!

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased this exact kit offhand ? I don’t want to buy and then find out now I need three more parts that I have to scrounge around for please. :)

there was a video of someone here on the forum that did an install and listed the parts needed ... this should be a complete kit ...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Hellwig sway bar installed today!
Just did a test drive and I’m already impressed. Truck handles so much better. I have it set on the medium setting.
10A2E96A-BB4C-4203-A7FA-2D76DE9AC8F0.jpeg
73470203-71A9-455B-AE2C-D41319404AD8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread