5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Phoneskills

Reaction score
Went low and hi tech today. Put on a tempered glass screen protector and had mopar par running boats installed/flashed.
Where did you get the screen protector?
View attachment 29650 View attachment 29651
20190702_220040-jpg.29652

Gumpa

Reaction score
Thx, lm happy with the install, it is light gloss on the headlights, dark gloss on the tail lights and 3rd brake light ... the installer did it all for $175 which included a $25 mobile charge ... if l would have gone to his shop it would of been only $150 ...
Thanks. Tthat's not a bad deal, it would be at least $75 to $100 just to buy the film to do that. The tail lights look tough to do.

bloodline

Reaction score
Installed tow hooks and Bedrug bedliner this week. Gator tonneau and floor liners were purchased and installed immediately after purchase last month. Now if I can ever decide on some nerfbars/running boards/sidestep...the struggle is real, lol!

ny2az

Reaction score
Thanks. Tthat's not a bad deal, it would be at least $75 to $100 just to buy the film to do that. The tail lights look tough to do.

tail lights are definitely harder to do ... took him some time to complete ... l would never want to attempt them with no skill set ...

bryan28

Reaction score
Washed her and gave her a coat of TW seal & shine afterwards.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
tail lights are definitely harder to do ... took him some time to complete ... l would never want to attempt them with no skill set ...
Agree, I tried installing the lamin-x on my taillights and threw the film in the trash after a hour and plenty of cursing. Went with painting instead.

Jayturk

Reaction score
I may later, what I have now isn't legal here, but every other vehicle I've had in the past and current has this or darker. The front windshield is a ticket waiting to happen here. My parish is $275.00 PER window...Ask how I know.
How do you know? Lol.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may later, what I have now isn't legal here, but every other vehicle I've had in the past and current has this or darker. The front windshield is a ticket waiting to happen here. My parish is $275.00 PER window...Ask how I know.
27% is legal here in SC and only the top on the windshield but the way I see it if they’ll let vehicle’s drive around without hoods and doors my illegal tint should be fine.;)

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you know? Lol.
I paid the summons but was lucky the LEO only wrote me for 1 window, drivers side on my Charger SRT8. He liked the car and understood why I had it, so he gave me a break. He told me a Judge in my parish hates dark windows, and to be prepared for a hefty fine when I pay it. I was thinking $150.00 tops, but I was wrong. Hope my truck is less of a magnet, but where I was stopped, (checkpoint at 6:30 AM) the LEO was standing in the middle of the road with a tint meter in his hand, it wouldn't have mattered much what I was driving, would have gotten the ticket.
27% is legal here in SC and only the top on the windshield but the way I see it if they’ll let vehicle’s drive around without hoods and doors my illegal tint should be fine.;)
Agreed, almost every LEO, 1st responder and Fire vehicles around here has 5% all around (not windshield), it really should be legal for all, south Louisiana sun/heat ain't no joke.

Solosnavy

Reaction score
I paid the summons but was lucky the LEO only wrote me for 1 window, drivers side on my Charger SRT8. He liked the car and understood why I had it, so he gave me a break. He told me a Judge in my parish hates dark windows, and to be prepared for a hefty fine when I pay it. I was thinking $150.00 tops, but I was wrong. Hope my truck is less of a magnet, but where I was stopped, (checkpoint at 6:30 AM) the LEO was standing in the middle of the road with a tint meter in his hand, it wouldn't have mattered much what I was driving, would have gotten the ticket.
Agreed, almost every LEO, 1st responder and Fire vehicles around here has 5% all around (not windshield), it really should be legal for all, south Louisiana sun/heat ain't no joke.
That's a bummer, here in CA, pretty strict laws on tint as well but its just a fix it ticket. meaning just take it off take to Highway patrol station and theyll sign it off. to combat this any good shop will sell you insurance (onetime fee around a hundred bucks) and they will remove the tint and then bring it back and install it for free.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed just the new vinyl of my tonnosport cover. It had fade spots where the bars are underneath after a few months of ownership so they sent me just a replacement vinyl as a warranty claim a while ago and I finally got around to switching it - had to switch all the hardware over - took a little over an hour.

Put some Aerospace 303 on after install.

New Vinyl Cover.jpg

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, found this rip on my back passenger side door yesterday while cleaning the interior. It was a nightmare inside the truck since I've been constantly going to Lowes & Home Depot to get things to fix up my first house.

Any suggestions on a fix or can I just purchase that piece new?

Rip.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread