5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jeremy47

Reaction score
Finally got the body colored mirror caps installed this weekend along with the Reflective Concepts lettering inlay on the door trim. It's hard to see in the picture/lighting but it's a small detail that I think adds just the right amount of pop. Probably will end up doing the hood inlay as well now that I have seen how these go on.

Ramair is supposed to get here on Wednesday, I will just have to find some time to install that now. View attachment 49078 View attachment 49079

Any special how to on removing the mirror to get to the caps? I’ve tried all weekend, and still can’t get that freaking mirror off. Probably because I’m nervous about breaking the mirror. I’ve tried almost every way from reading the forums here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Installed the rear wheel liners. I took the wheels off for easier access and while I had them off, I washed and ceramic coated the barrels of the wheels. Since I did the rear wheels, had to do the fronts as well.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Any special how to on removing the mirror to get to the caps? I’ve tried all weekend, and still can’t get that freaking mirror off. Probably because I’m nervous about breaking the mirror. I’ve tried almost every way from reading the forums here.

All I did was follow the same instructions in the big thread on this topic elsewhere on this forum. I heated up directly on the mirror for about 2 minutes with my heat gun on high and used a suction cup to pull it off. Pretty easy and didn't break a mirror. It is quite a bit of force to pull with the suction cup so you kind of just have to trust it will work. Probably took me all of 20 minutes to do both.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score

rowboat1

Reaction score

rowboat1

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but the replacement mirrors are $320 on EBAY. Ask me how I know!

Baron74

Reaction score
Added stake pocket covers in the rear, Husky mud flaps and flat black RAM emblem in the grill. Also debadged the limited side molding on the back of the cab and the bed and installed organizers for the center console. Getting PPF on the painted front bumper on Wed. Ceramic coating to come and then I might be done for awhile. Not sure what else I could do sadly. Maybe a supercharger? :unsure:

rxit

Reaction score
Have you noticed any difference?
In terms of performance like a HP gain, no. Not at all.

However, I'm on the first tank of gas since making the change and the truck is showing over 18 mpgs. That is more than I managed out of a tank before. It is really early though so I hate to tout it as a true fuel savings until I see if it holds up over time.

Based on Fuelly, my previous MPGs were 16.3, 17.5, 16.4.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Added stake pocket covers in the rear, Husky mud flaps and flat black RAM emblem in the grill. Also debadged the limited side molding on the back of the cab and the bed and installed organizers for the center console. Getting PPF on the painted front bumper on Wed. Ceramic coating to come and then I might be done for awhile. Not sure what else I could do sadly. Maybe a supercharger? :unsure:
I say go for the supercharger!

Users who are viewing this thread