5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I just added mine as well. What setting is your favorite? I can't decide for everyday use.
I posted more details in the Pedal Commander thread but I'm liking City +3 for daily driving. Maybe I'll go Sport more in the spring / summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Installed the Hellwig sway bar. Took 30 minutes and I can tell you an 18mm ratchet wrench will help a lot. End link nut was really tight, loosen it before you remove the frame bolts. Set on middle hole and will give it a test run tomorrow.

Kimo

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Has anyone installed these lights in a 2019 Longhorn? They say they won't fit but maybe someone has figured out a way to do it.
It fits the bighorn and I thought the grille was the same. No dimensions given for the light bars. The grille opening is about 5/8" tall by 10 3/8" wide.

From web page:

• Does not fit Rebel, LongHorn, or Limited models>
  • ONLY fits Tradesman, Bighorn, and Laramie models
Can anyone shed some light (pun intended) on this?

I don't mind minor modifications to the grille if they will go in there.

www.roughcountry.com

Dodge Dual 6in LED Grille Kit (19-20 RAM 1500)
COMMAND THE DARK with Rough Country’s 6in LED Grille Kit for 5th generation RAM 1500. This sleek, recessed LED kit fits into the two slots in the factory grille, providing the perfect location for forward-facing LED power. Rough Country’s 6in LED Grille Kit fits in so well it looks like a...
www.roughcountry.com
www.roughcountry.com

mhb1638

Reaction score
Installed the Hellwig sway bar. Took 30 minutes and I can tell you an 18mm ratchet wrench will help a lot. End link nut was really tight, loosen it before you remove the frame bolts. Set on middle hole and will give it a test run tomorrow.
Any difference noticed? Or just placebo?

Rich B.

Reaction score
Jumped on the blackout/chrome removal bandwagon. Wasn’t sure I’d like it so I tried plasti dip for The first time. Love the results! I did All badges and the chrome clad wheels. Not sure ho long it will last but love the look and it was very easy to do. 68F9D8D0-D566-448D-997D-0BD5DF0158E6.jpeg 7CC2C995-723A-44CF-B3CC-1594CDDA49F2.jpeg F10DD6CA-58BE-4D07-85E1-8E5729E5C434.jpeg 147870C6-A663-48DB-AEB7-CF3C9AF617AE.jpeg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Jumped on the blackout/chrome removal bandwagon. Wasn’t sure I’d like it so I tried plasti dip for The first time. Love the results! I did All badges and the chrome clad wheels. Not sure ho long it will last but love the look and it was very easy to do. View attachment 43605 View attachment 43606 View attachment 43607 View attachment 43608
Awesome results. This is what I always do to my new vehicles prior to permanently blacking out, just to see how I like the look.

GasTank87

Reaction score

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer because my 2020 Bighorn threw a “service electronic stability control” warning the second time I drove it, that won’t go away. Seriously. With 16 miles on it. Awesome start.

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, FFemerson. Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings. If we can be of any additional support while your truck is in service, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Mark
RamCares

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received my Hellwig sway bar last night and installed it today.

I don't know how y'all did it that did the whole install in 30 minutes. I think my first 15 minutes were just putting down a pad under the truck and then crawling under it and then getting back up and going to my tool box just to find all the right sizes for the tools I needed.

It may be written up somewhere else, but for the next person that needs to do this, you need:

15mm socket for the 4 bolts that hold the stock brackets on (I think it was 15 - I can't remember for sure now)
18mm open end wrench for the nuts that hold the ends of the sway bar to the links
8mm socket for the ends of the bolts that hold the ends of the sway bar to the links
8mm Allen socket to put the Hellwig bolts in through their brackets

The bolts that attach the ends of the sway bar to the links are weird. They have a smooth round head, so you can't put a wrench on it. The small end of the bolt is hex-shaped. So, you have to put an 8mm socket (or wrench) on that end to hold the bolt from turning while you use the 18mm open end wrench to turn the nut. Or you can hold the nut and use a ratchet with the 8mm socket to turn the bolt.

Anyway, I think it took me about an hour, all totaled. But, I drove the truck around some now and I definitely like the way it feels.

Foxxjnm

Reaction score

Kimo

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the grille between the Lonestar and the Tradesman. Parts fit one but not the other but they look identical. I want to ad lights and asked that question above but noboy replied about installing the lights so maybe this question will get responses. The dealer could not tell me which I think is crazy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread