5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

KRField

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer to have them look at USB ports working intermittently (affecting CarPlay), as well as overhead console that goes out every now and then.
Have a tricked out (not) Dodge Journey as a rental as Enterprise was out of RAMs ... Sheesh.

To be honest I have a feeling it’s on Apple this time. IOS 13 has a nasty bug that kills off background apps. I have had issues ever since I did the update on my phone. Before 13.2 it was flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
To be honest I have a feeling it’s on Apple this time. IOS 13 has a nasty bug that kills off background apps. I have had issues ever since I did the update on my phone. Before 13.2 it was flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, but it’s not Apple. Simple reason is that I have a USB thumb drive connected all the time with music playlists, and it always disconnects at the same time CarPlay stops working (even when phone is not connected, I can see when USB stops reading the drive), so it’s def UConnect bug or USB port.

Alas, I know the bug you mention in Apple, and that’s a memory mgmt issue (not related to BT connectivity in my case).
The issue I’m having has been ongoing for me off and on since I purchased the truck. It’s def hardware (USB ports or UConnect), or software bug In the truck’s radio.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer to have them look at USB ports working intermittently (affecting CarPlay), as well as overhead console that goes out every now and then.
Have a tricked out (not) Dodge Journey as a rental as Enterprise was out of RAMs ... Sheesh.

Hi Neurobit,

Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings. If you are in need of any additional support while your truck is in service, we'd be more than happy to help. Our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi Neurobit,

Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings. If you are in need of any additional support while your truck is in service, we'd be more than happy to help. Our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares
Thanks. Just spoke to my dealer. Unfortunately, this is the week when the USB ports happen to be working ok, so they are not able to swap hardware like the USB panel.
Very frustrating, as Apple CarPlay has never worked consistently, ever since I've bought the truck in June 2018.

To be honest, I am getting pretty tired of these issues.
Already given up on having cold AC. I don't even bring that up with the dealer anymore, since of course, it works w/o issues, right?.

Pretty lame when my son's $22k Tacoma has had zero issues, everything works as it should, and the minute you turn the engine on, the AC spits out hypothermia-inducing coldness, which is what I want, since I live in Texas. My truck on the other hand, has been to the dealer multiple times for CarPlay related issues, which no-one seems to be able to figure out. I'm not alone here. Why do you have trucks leaving the factory that still have water leaks, or brake squeal, or AC issues, or clunks, misaligned trim, or just ****-poor QC?

Why does UConnect suck so much, almost two years after debuting? How is this even acceptable?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st winch recovery (for fun) with 1 1/2yr old son and his toy 4x4 jeep (remote controlled and really cool) and suspension flex test + stream crossing on rental cabin property in Rutherfordton, NC. Was an awesome getaway for the weekend.

Can he ride in that? I have a 9 month old and getting excited about things like that. I'm also jealous of wherever it is you live. I am in South Florida, beach and boating is fun but the rest isn't.

Ramster

Reaction score
Got my truck flashed for the trailer brakes I installed two weekends ago.

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Can he ride in that? I have a 9 month old and getting excited about things like that. I'm also jealous of wherever it is you live. I am in South Florida, beach and boating is fun but the rest isn't.
Yes, and its hands down the coolest toyI've bou
Yes, I bought it for him when he was about that old, i still drive him around with remote too. He cant reach the pedal yet . Holds 100lb so can grow into it. It has 3 speeds and a gradual power curve unlike powerwheels instant full power. Speed 1 is like 1mph speed 3 maybe a brisk walk speed? My 1st kid and so cool teaching him how to climb in by stepping on tire and buckle up but waiting to teach him about the functional steering wheel and gas pedal. I tell him to turn on his music or close his doors after he gets in. It's a motorhead fathers #1 bonding gift. and its 4 motor 4 wheel drive! Take him out and it climbs like mad!

tedsterbv

Reaction score
How do you like the Mopar lift and ties?
Both are great, but I spent too much time with the TSB spacers and the phantom versions of the Mopar kit that didn’t exist. I was scheduled to go into the dealer today, but canceled due to all the members on here who are adding the ORG springs to level the truck. If you want to read more on this issue, read the below tread. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/updated-2-mopar-lift-level-kit-discussion.9167/post-204826

The KO2s definitely gave the truck its more aggressive look and also increased the height an additional inch. I had to purchase the rough country speedometer calibrator because the dealer couldn’t flash the computer. Before flashing the computer, the truck stated 70 mph per the speedometer, but it was actually going 77 per my GPS. I also lost about 1.5 to 2 MPG’s because of the tires. There is a slight tire road noise but nothing I don’t mind. I can’t hear it if I turn the radio on. I would say the one thing that surprised me about the tires was the stones that the tires picked up for my gravel driveway which forced me to get the mudflaps so I didn’t chip all the paint.

J4U

Reaction score
1st winch recovery (for fun) with 1 1/2yr old son and his toy 4x4 jeep (remote controlled and really cool) and suspension flex test + stream crossing on rental cabin property in Rutherfordton, NC. Was an awesome getaway for the weekend.
Get that thing out of his mouth and put a cigar or something else in there. He's old enough to drive so passify nothing!

Lol...well done.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the RB 10 running boards. Most annoying part was the paint on the bottom studs. Easy install, took about an hour and a half from unboxing to tossing packaging away. Pics to follow tomorrow when I have day light.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks. Just spoke to my dealer. Unfortunately, this is the week when the USB ports happen to be working ok, so they are not able to swap hardware like the USB panel.
Very frustrating, as Apple CarPlay has never worked consistently, ever since I've bought the truck in June 2018.

To be honest, I am getting pretty tired of these issues.
Already given up on having cold AC. I don't even bring that up with the dealer anymore, since of course, it works w/o issues, right?.

Pretty lame when my son's $22k Tacoma has had zero issues, everything works as it should, and the minute you turn the engine on, the AC spits out hypothermia-inducing coldness, which is what I want, since I live in Texas. My truck on the other hand, has been to the dealer multiple times for CarPlay related issues, which no-one seems to be able to figure out. I'm not alone here. Why do you have trucks leaving the factory that still have water leaks, or brake squeal, or AC issues, or clunks, misaligned trim, or just ****-poor QC?

Why does UConnect suck so much, almost two years after debuting? How is this even acceptable?
Picked up the truck late last night (well, not late. 6:30 PM) after the service dept had closed. Battery was dead so a sales guy had to jump me, while also check engine light on. Battery dead again this morning, so I had to jump it.
Took it back and dropped it off, so back on another rental today and taking time off work. Hope is nothing serious and I can have my vehicle back soon. Will update once I know more...

Coopers_Dad

Reaction score
Put my JK in storage for the winter. Uhaul trailer was a beauty, I think both axles were bent. IMG_6029.jpg

Bigcountry

Reaction score

Attachments

• FE093212-7486-42CC-9A69-AE2B04C7ABF9.jpeg
    FE093212-7486-42CC-9A69-AE2B04C7ABF9.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 198
  • FC7C53C6-01C2-4315-8CBE-F9526B461C57.jpeg
    FC7C53C6-01C2-4315-8CBE-F9526B461C57.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 815DBCE1-47CF-4B66-9819-4F5C8B73166F.jpeg
    815DBCE1-47CF-4B66-9819-4F5C8B73166F.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 197