5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lize

Reaction score
hi Lize! just to be clear, (because a lot of us didn't realize (me until it was too late WHICH is one of main reasons i traded my 2019 for another 2019 : ) There is a HUGE distinction between remote start AND remote operation. "Remote start" is a level 2 equipment group feature from the key fob, but "remote operation" thru your Uconnect phone ap or watch requires your radio to be equipped with NAV, and i'm pretty sure all 12 inch's come equipped with Nav, so you should be golden : ) Good luck & congrats on ur truck!
Yes, I got in a bit of a panic about the whole remote thing after reading your thread, seems I have managed to order what I wanted! Had been thinking of no Nav and 8.4 as can use phone for maps and I’m not a great fan of Sat Nav anyway, but liked the 12” in the limited I saw so opted for that (perhaps unusually not Rebel 12 as wanted red/tread pattern seats). With uConnect dealer will add UK map but not always available, had to wait a year or so for map to be available for my F150.

grau714

Reaction score
That is such a good look. I have a few questions:

1. How is the ride on those tires compared to stock (ie smoothness, cornering, noise)?

2. What did you do to install the new emblems in the right place? I would be very worried they wouldn’t be level or even left to right if I did it.

3. What tonneau cover do you have and how do you like it?

So i put 305/55R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T tires on my wheels, between those and the bridgestone factory ones i honestly don't feel a difference noise wise or cornering wise, you do lose a bit of the smoothness but nothing significant.

to install the emblems i used the following tools:

1. emblem removal kit, you can get it in Ebay super cheap, see link below:

2. fishing wire

3. hair dryer

3. Goo Gone (this helps you remove the super strong adhesive that the factory emblems will leave behind when you remove them) you can get it at walmart or HD.

The emblems on the Grill and hood don't have any glue on it, just use your emblem removal kit and they will snap right out. for the ones in the doors and tailgate you will need the fishing wire, hair dryer and Goo gone, just start heating them up with the hair dryer to soften the factory adhesive, then run the fishing wire behind them to remove them. a little bit of Goo gone for the remaining adhesive and you're good to put the new ones.

The Ram logo on the tailgate has both clips and glue, but the process is the same as the logos with just adhesive.

the tonneau cover i got is the Bakflip MX4, looks sick because they left it the same matte black as the factory trims on the outside of the truck, i've seen some that have an almost glossy finish and i dont like them that much, works perfect as well.

Hope this helps !

TTE

Reaction score
Not "today", but over the past week: debadged it, detailed it, polished and sealed the paint, installed a Bedrug and a Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau cover.

Monday she goes in for a clear bra and ceramic window tint (all windows).
Do you have some pictures for your truck? I have same red color like your and would be interesting to see how it turn out.
Thanks.

carbonhuntram

Reaction score
So on Saturday i had the shop install Fuel Ripper 20x9 wheels w/ 305/55R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T tires. On Sunday i took out all the chrome emblems and swapped them for black emblems, i bough them directly with Mopar cause the aftermarket ones looked crappy. Installed all black Aries AdvantEdge running boards crew cab length. Check out the pics. View attachment 27186 View attachment 27187 View attachment 27188
Is this the sliver?? Looks very different in this light.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s what I love about Billet silver, changing of the light changes how it appears. :)

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered DuHa under seat storage sized for the crew cab. Its not on the website so you have to call to order it. They gave me a $20 discount off MSRP which was nice. Should be here friday.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered my Bedrug XLT from Luke at Truck Alterations. Hoping it comes before my road trip to the Keys next Thursday.

Well, I got the shipping confirmation, while Luke did say he didn’t see a problem getting it before my trip I see that it just left Los Angeles today (I live in Florida) so it won’t be delivered until Friday while I’m already on my trip. Good thing I have a trusty Nextdoor neighbor to put it in the garage for me.

gatesb77

Reaction score
Got Go Rhino side steps installed, front window and windshield brow tint and a detail. The steps work great for this shorty.
4d724bba8483727da0e6074a83065122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I had a spray in bed liner installed today. I was going to go with black but the guy who actually does the work showed me a pic of a Ram he had done yesterday.
DEFINITELY a great color choice, not sure i've seen that one...goes GREAT w/ silver : ) We've purchased TWO RAMS from Truckville! Love them country dealers!

Glenn54

Reaction score
Thanks. A guy from a fishing forum told me about Truckville. Do ya'll live near there? We're about 100 miles north of the dealer near Hemphill.

DEFINITELY a great color choice, not sure i've seen that one...goes GREAT w/ silver : ) We've purchased TWO RAMS from Truckville! Love them country dealers!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Thanks. A guy from a fishing forum told me about Truckville. Do ya'll live near there? We're about 100 miles north of the dealer near Hemphill.

about 50 miles near Beaumont. Great dealer, but they keep a pretty small inventory. Glad you found the truck you wanted there, and again, i just love the color of that liner. very different, UNLIKE BLACK that turns that "chalky grey" color when it gets dirty or ages : )

Glenn54

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually ordered the truck thru this dealer. They did not have anything in stock that had the options I wanted.

about 50 miles near Beaumont. Great dealer, but they keep a pretty small inventory. Glad you found the truck you wanted there, and again, i just love the color of that liner. very different, UNLIKE BLACK that turns that "chalky grey" color when it gets dirty or ages : )

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
wow you had to drive 100 miles to order?! i gotta look up Hemphill...must be waaaaay out in the stix! lol

Last edited:

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So on Saturday i had the shop install Fuel Ripper 20x9 wheels w/ 305/55R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T tires. On Sunday i took out all the chrome emblems and swapped them for black emblems, i bough them directly with Mopar cause the aftermarket ones looked crappy. Installed all black Aries AdvantEdge running boards crew cab length. Check out the pics. View attachment 27186 View attachment 27187 View attachment 27188
Looks really good. Def do black exhaust tips. Maybe all black grill??? Someone here can photoshop it so you can get an idea. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread