5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Picked up a new popup camper and spent the weekend at the lake with the family. Only one ton with a full water tank, the truck barely noticed it was there.
c73ec94d8b3ac990d2caf9b8d4bbf745.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking trailer. Can you provide additional details such as model and sleep capacity along with the price for such a trailer.

Thanks

Jim7852

Reaction score
The wife and I installed a Bedrug in my 2019 RAM 1500 DT today. Took about an hour. Probably would have been easier if the instructions were specific to the vehicle. I bought it from "Truckaddons" for $399.00. No tax and free shipping.

EddieP

Reaction score
Installed my Lomax tonneau cover, very impressed! Also Installed a brake controller, Carven exhaust, and Go Rhino step sides. Very pleased with everything, all great quality products!
That wheel/tire combo really works! Side steps look good also. Nice job.

EddieP

Reaction score
Installed my Lomax tonneau cover, very impressed! Also Installed a brake controller, Carven exhaust, and Go Rhino step sides. Very pleased with everything, all great quality products!
What model Go Rhino steps? Can't seem to find them on their site. Thanks.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got it all clean today. The powder coating on the bumpers is going to be a love/hate relationship(look good but a pain in the *** to clean).

Attachments

• Front pass side.JPG
    Front pass side.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Front drvside.JPG
    Front drvside.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 150

Wickedsaint

Reaction score
This looks great. How did the ride change? One of the things that I loved about this truck was the smooth ride. I have a '19 rebel without air suspension and would love a touch more ground clearance.
To be honest I had only put 800 miles on it and can't say I personally felt much of a difference. However I am also the guy who drove his focus RS in firm suspension setting. And my other car has an even rougher ride. So this thing is like a 7 foot tall Cadillac to me.

Reactions: TBK

TBK

Reaction score
Nice looking trailer. Can you provide additional details such as model and sleep capacity along with the price for such a trailer.

Thanks

It's a Flagstaff 176SE, basically the smallest "offroad-ish" pop-up I could find, so it can still fit in our garage. Gets decently big inside. Picked it up brand new for $9600 with all the warranties, etc. They were going used at 2-3 years old here for $8k to $7500 range. Anything older than that is cheaper, but usually doesn't have the "offroad" suspension setup with the higher ground clearance and roof racks, etc.

Wife likes it because it has a furnace and heated mattresses to keep her warm as it can get cold here in Colorado overnight, and an inside/outside sink/hose to keep the kids cleaned up. I like it because it has high ground clearance at 14-inches, is small/light for towing, and has roof racks so I can put on my bikes and kayaks depending on our destination. I know the trend now is for the offroad teardrops or RTTs all decked out for overlanding, but I don't want to daily drive a vehicle with a RTT, and the teardrops are too small for a family of four. Not to mention they are so trendy right now that they are selling tiny teardrops for $20k and beyond. This is small enough I can fit is just about anywhere I want to camp, and it's easy to park along the way. It also has a bluetooth stereo, outside awning and led lights, propane powered stove and refrigerator, and is pre-wired for solar. Best part is that the raise/lower feature is all driven by an electric winch, so it sets up and tears down really fast. This will be our solution for our 2-4 day camp weekends which we do often. It's nice as well because it keeps everything up off the ground during rain, and I can store our permanent camp stuff in the trailer so I don't have to pack/repack the things we use on every trip. I just know it's there. Frees up space in the bed of the truck as well.

Here is what it looks like inside when I started setting it up. You can pull out the couch area and get rid of the table and it turns into another bed area perfect for kids. We did our first trip this weekend and it went well. Nice step up from the tent camping we normally do, particularly early/late season where it can get so cold overnight.

Here's an outside look.

Here's what I mean by it fits in the garage:

So far so good.

Here's a link to the floorpan at the local dealer. I like the lighter color of the interior, but we got the deal on a new one that had been on a lot a little longer and was more brown inside.

Last edited:

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Yes, it was done by a local Line-X authorized shop. The grill letters were an OEM part bought on Amazon for about $26. Just pop out the old letters and pop in the new ones. The proper method would be to remove the grille and depress the tab locks to remove the old letters. I just used a delicate hand and an exacto knife to create a little sepperation then pulled them out. If you do not pull them straight out you will likely break the guide pins on the back of the letters like I did. I didn't plan on reusing them for anything so I didn't mind breaking the pins. It took about 10 minutes to change them.
I'm doing the exact same thing. Bought the Mopar Black letters on Ebay. And have an appointment to Line X the silver skid plate. Thanks for the inspiration and great idea.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my new Limited Wheels and Falken Tires flipped and re-balanced so the white lettering is on the inside and then had them put on my truck in place of my Laramie Wheels.

I had it done at Pep Boys since every other place closes early all week and I work til 5PM. Not the biggest fan of Pep Boys but can you really mess up balancing a wheel? Lol

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed all new dash speakers. 2 JL Audio C2 350x's and in the center a Boss BRS 35 50w. Sound is 100% better and it took about 15 minutes to change all three. The hardest part is removing the grills! I used Metra cables and no need for polarity reversals. A very nice upgrade for a little money and a little time. Another upgrade people on this website forced me to make!!!!!!
Is this with the 9 speaker Alpine option? What was cost? All from Amazon? Thanks!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an eventful day with the Ram. Picked it up from the dealer’s body shop this morning after getting a door ding fixed that they paid for. *COULD NOT BE MORE SURPRISED AT HOW PERFECT IT LOOKS* so that was a good start.

Next I installed my new Mopar Matte Black Painted Running Boards (Part# 82215301AC) that I bought from the dealer at 15% off for $420.75. These went on very easily. Only time consuming part was using the die to clean the threads. I bought one from Home Depot that you can use a socket on. Finished the job right at 1-hour total.

Then I moved on to the Mopar Bed Step (Part# 82215289AB) that I also got from the dealer at 15% off for $284.75. This was a little more trouble due to the tight working area and weight but a very straight forward install. Finished this in under an hour.

Last thing to do was put on my Weather Tech Mud Flaps front and rear. I got these directly from Weather Tech. $79.95 plus $10 shipping, they came well packaged in just a few days. Super easy install, they came with their own PPF and replacement push in plugs which I needed since I don’t have a removal tool. Including waiting for the PPF to dry these took 45 mins total.

All in all a great day with no accidental damage done to the truck or to my knuckles. Very happy with the outcome.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapped out the silver RAM letters on the Grill for the Black ones.
and then played with my son with the silver letters
How difficult was the install, Mighty Snowpants? Do the existing letters just pop out? I might be doing this and any tips would be appreciated.

kjn86

Reaction score
Installed 2" Readylift level w/UCAs

Every time I see a photo of a Rebel with the level it makes me immediately want to get it...then I ask myself if I really need it and forget about it until the next photo. It is so silly how 2" lift to the front makes such a difference to us. If I explained it to my wife, she'd think I was crazier than she already does.

Users who are viewing this thread