5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NordicNevs

Reaction score
925e2706b7a0137f212c9540336a995c.jpg
e8244afced3fe00ec2066bb7dbebd964.jpg
287cf3f7d05d5b46d4a70c585334092b.jpg

Hand wash and interior detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Installed my Pedal Commander today from the Group Buy opportunity. Took a whopping 5 minutes to install and chose to not permanently mount it but keep it available for grabs in my side console. Tried CITY and was too tame for my liking but still a big difference over stock. Popped it into SPORT and was smiling bigly. Was a tad to sensitive so backed it down to SPORT -3 and will play with and tweak to my liking from there. Bluetooth option works great if you want to hide it and control it from your phone app. HUGE improvement over stock throttle response and highly recommend:D
PC.jpg PC1.jpg PC2.png

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would look into PPF (paint protection film) .
Definitely what I want.
No! A bra is a fabric protector that straps to the vehicle...like they had in the 1980's ;)
Yeah, they aren’t so common these days. But it’s at least a good intermediate solution until I can find the time to schedule the film installation. ;)

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Covered the chrome RAM letters on the front with matte black vinyl cutouts. I’ve got the matte black OEM wind deflector coming Monday and I’m thinking the deflector and matted out letters might go well together.

Attachments

• DC4D986C-A5AD-43D6-B622-E46544CD1719.jpeg
    DC4D986C-A5AD-43D6-B622-E46544CD1719.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 114

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Magnaflow Catback Exhaust installed. Sounds great - drove it about 100 miles today after the install.

If anyone needs any parts from the OEM Exhaust let me know - kept them.

Also in the buy and sell thread I'm selling a Magnaflow Muffler.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve got the matte black OEM wind deflector coming Monday and I’m thinking the deflector and matted out letters might go well together.

You may want to rethink that OEM deflector. Had mine on my truck for a little over a month or so and just replaced it with the WeatherTech. I LOE the matte black color and finish but that's where the love went away. The material is a bit thin for my liking and the thought that it attached to metal brackets pressed onto the hood of my truck with exposed screws did me in. It is now sitting in my garage as a reminder of an $85 mistake I made:(

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may want to rethink that OEM deflector. Had mine on my truck for a little over a month or so and just replaced it with the WeatherTech. I LOE the matte black color and finish but that's where the love went away. The material is a bit thin for my liking and the thought that it attached to metal brackets pressed onto the hood of my truck with exposed screws did me in. It is now sitting in my garage as a reminder of an $85 mistake I made:(

Thanks, Securityguy. How do the metal brackets attach to the hood? I’m assuming they attach with 3M automotive tape? And the exposed screws attach the deflector to metal brackets?

Thanks.

vondarius20

Reaction score
Used G2 caliper paint off Amazon. It’s a DIY product. 2 part paint. I masked off and painted carefully around clips and such without removing the calipers. You do need to be ready to do all four together, 2-3 coats. Once you mix the paint you have several hours to use it. Jack car up on stands, all four wheels off clean and prep all 4 calipers and paint around 2 times. There’s a couple you tube videos on it out there. I also used Mopar Decals on the front, wont fit backs. Time consuming, but happy with the results.
Awesome, thank you for the tips and feedback.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks, Securityguy. How do the metal brackets attach to the hood? I’m assuming they attach with 3M automotive tape? And the exposed screws attach the deflector to metal brackets?

They just slide on over top of a piece of paint protection film...no 3M tape at all. Yes, the exposed screws attach the deflector to the brackets. I Just don't like having the metal brackets on the hood nor the exposed screws. I do like the look of it which is why I bought it but the engineering of the installation has a ton to be desired IMPO.

Reactions: Vic

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They just slide on over top of a piece of paint protection film...no 3M tape at all. Yes, the exposed screws attach the deflector to the brackets. I Just don't like having the metal brackets on the hood nor the exposed screws. I do like the look of it which is why I bought it but the engineering of the installation has a ton to be desired IMPO.
Thanks. I’ve since read that the OEM deflector comes with pieces of a paint protection film that is supposed to protect the paint from the metal brackets. Apparently, you don’t feel that this provides adequate protection? After I receive the deflector, I guess I’ll see if it’s something I can live with.

Users who are viewing this thread