5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you use the soapy water method for placing the decals?
No, in fact the instructions give you a hint on how to apply each letter (after cleaning surface with alcohol) by aligning very top tip of vinyl letter to align with truck letter and work down to avoid air bubbles. The letters have an oversized milky clear plastic film over the face to make letters easy to place. No need to use soapy solution as they go on easy. Best to do it in direct sun so you can really see what you are doing if you want perfect alignment. (I am picky about making things as perfect as possible). I also put on a TRX decal on quarter panels without soapy water by cleaning well with alcohol and using blue painters tape for alignment reference and starting with top edges and working down with plastic credit card to avoid bubbles. It also had the milky oversize plastic over front to hold decal until you apply it and peel face carrier off. Those decals came from www.Supdec.com but take forever to get as its in the Ukraine and has customs delays. If you search decals there are lots of suppliers out there. The soapy water option is needed if decals are large with several inches of vinyl material and you need ability to shift some to align and work out air bubbles like a wide hood graphic or racing stripes, etc. Here is pic when I installed the TRX decal. IMG_2766.jpg IMG_2787.jpg IMG_2772.jpg

George Bednar

Reaction score
No, in fact the instructions give you a hint on how to apply each letter (after cleaning surface with alcohol) by aligning very top tip of vinyl letter to align with truck letter and work down to avoid air bubbles. The letters have an oversized milky clear plastic film over the face to make letters easy to place. No need to use soapy solution as they go on easy. Best to do it in direct sun so you can really see what you are doing if you want perfect alignment. (I am picky about making things as perfect as possible). I also put on a TRX decal on quarter panels without soapy water by cleaning well with alcohol and using blue painters tape for alignment reference and starting with top edges and working down with plastic credit card to avoid bubbles. It also had the milky oversize plastic over front to hold decal until you apply it and peel face carrier off. Those decals came from www.Supdec.com but take forever to get as its in the Ukraine and has customs delays. If you search decals there are lots of suppliers out there. The soapy water option is needed if decals are large with several inches of vinyl material and you need ability to shift some to align and work out air bubbles like a wide hood graphic or racing stripes, etc. Here is pic when I installed the TRX decal. View attachment 21888 View attachment 21889 View attachment 21890
I purchased the 1500 Hemi 5.7 decals for the side hood emblems from Reflectiveconcepts and could not get them perfect. I ordered a second set and was going to try the soapy water to see if that would help me. I have to have things perfect as well or they stand out like a sore thumb. Thanks for replying.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
i install this last week."PedalCommander".so far no codes as of yet.i have it set to "City1"cant imagine how dramatic the other setting are like. :eek:.when it goes up a hill...watch out!!but that is the main(or one of the)reason i got it.seems like when i installed my "borla"muffler.now i get all kind of challenges.from "SubCompact" to "soccer mom"suv's.trying to race me up the hill.....Go figure:confused:...oh P.s had trouble getting it in focus..sorry:cry:
I'm thinking of selling my Pedal Commander. I definitely noticed that the MDS comes on much less frequently with the PC in place. I had to take it off to take it in for the brake pedal recall, and within 1/2 tank I got a 2mpg increase. I'm on the fence about putting it back on. Might do another tank without it and put it back on to see if my mileage changes. It literally could be that I am on the gas more because it's more responsive and fun to drive, and therefore using more gas. I typically had mine in Sport mode +1. It totally works as advertised and is a great product, but I'm not trying to use more gas! LOL

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Finally picked the beast up. Dealer failed to have the slush mats for me per request (said not available anyway) so came home and ordered them. Other mods going on air filter, oil catch can, screen protector, tri-fold cover - and need to still decide on exhaust so can order and install for next week (Spring break).

Attachments

• Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_B.jpg
    Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_B.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 113

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

Basic LED (no blind spot monitoring):

Company Information
Mopar Wholesale Parts,
10101 W Papago Freeway
Avondale, Arizona, 85323
USA
[email protected]

Order Content
Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
55112993ADLamp-Tail$298.661$298.66
55112992ADLamp-Tail$298.661$298.66
Subtotal:$597.32
Shipping (FedEx Ground):$28.10
Total:$625.42

:cool:

Deriggs007

Reaction score
The cab seal I could not figure out how to do. Under my truck, it looks like there is something covering the the cab/bed, like a plate of some sorts. Road noise isn't that bad, but $12 to make it better is throwaway money.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The cab seal I could not figure out how to do. Under my truck, it looks like there is something covering the the cab/bed, like a plate of some sorts. Road noise isn't that bad, but $12 to make it better is throwaway money.
So maybe you already have a seal!?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Basic LED (no blind spot monitoring):

Company Information

Mopar Wholesale Parts,
10101 W Papago Freeway
Avondale, Arizona, 85323
USA
[email protected]

Order Content

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
55112993ADLamp-Tail$298.661$298.66
55112992ADLamp-Tail$298.661$298.66

Subtotal:$597.32
Shipping (FedEx Ground):$28.10
Total:$625.42

:cool:
See this now... I have to have blind spot ones and they were much more.

doug55579

Reaction score
Added the Rough Country side steps today. Just about done other than getting the radio scanner installed and maybe some LED bed lights. Also discovered that my XPEL is peeling off my front bumper after only a week. I spoke to the installer and he is going to correct it. 2019Ram.jpg

Creep0321

Reaction score
Added the Rough Country side steps today. Just about done other than getting the radio scanner installed and maybe some LED bed lights. Also discovered that my XPEL is peeling off my front bumper after only a week. I spoke to the installer and he is going to correct it. View attachment 21928
Any pictures of the peeling XPEL?

Reaction score
i bought the loud and obnoxious one "Atak" :LOL:.didnt want to comprise on the sound(slight,little,soft)love the sound and i still do !everyone and their brother challenges me at the light:LOL:(y)
YES!! I'm going with the ATAK also! It sounds loud and bad a**! I don't get why others hate that it's too loud?!?! lol

Deriggs007

Reaction score
So maybe you already have a seal!?

I'm not sure. I'm just saying that I can't get to what I think most users can. There's literally a metal plate/cover between the bed/cab where I can't look mess with anything underthere. It could be missing, but I can't get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread