5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered how hot your truck bed gets with a cover? No, of course you haven’t, but I did. So I put a Govee thermometer/hygrometer in the bed, left it covered for most of the day, then opened the cover.

At the time I opened the cover, the ambient temperature was 79°F. The reading inside the bed was 96°. After opening the cover, the temperature dropped to about 88°.

This was on a partly cloudy to overcast day in the north Atlanta ‘burbs. The cover is a RetraxPro XR, and the bed has the factory spray in liner; both cover and liner are black. The truck is parked outside.

View attachment 105705
So...are you saying I shouldn't leave my infant in the bed anymore? Or are you saying I should just make sure the tonneau is open?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
You will be so happy you made this investment!
Just put mine on too. Just got the truck a couple weeks ago. This is actually the third vehicle my can has been on.. Just had to bend and mod the bracket a bit to make it work. I have them on every car I own/have owned.

Once you've seen the results, you can't go back.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good time of year to enjoy the San Juans. Heading down there myself next week.

It's nice to see a dirty truck out doing some real truck stuff! Seen too many other pics of polished trucks on 22s sitting in a driveway....
Hey - I resemble that remark! Seriously, I get jealous when I see pics like this. There are some nice places to go in Ohio, but nothing like out West. Most off-roading around here is in the woods, so the views are all kind of the same... trees, more trees, oh look, there's a creek :rolleyes:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Did my 2nd grille swap and I don't know if i made the right decision. Originally had a chrome bighorn and have wrapped everything in black and installed a black LED lettering grille. I kept getting water inside the LED letters and having to replace so i decided to swap the grille. I found a WHITE grille on fb marketplace for cheap that i cleaned up and installed along with the 6 inch rough country grille LEDs. I liked the all black front, but I kind of like the contrast of a white grille with black trim pieces? Oh also i swapped the headlights to OEM night edtion.
Definitely like the white grill there (y)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Adjusted my exhaust tips this morning. It took a grand total of 3 minutes and looks way better. Here’s a pic with the left at stock height and the right adjusted.

Attachments

• 4F7CD6C1-7982-4A80-A3D4-BF988224796B.jpeg
    4F7CD6C1-7982-4A80-A3D4-BF988224796B.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 158

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
seriously amazing photos! should be in a ram ad!
Thank you! I try to take some photos wherever I go, but have surely missed even better opportunities for some great shots when the trails are just too gnarly to get out and/or I am blocking the Jeeps behind me...lol.

Tinman2020

Reaction score

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Installed some side steps yesterday.
7de2cefe2a2f37c323bfa7aba7a5c604.jpg
7bd8b9a268fbe4b11539f77b949f09eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^. It amazes me that it doesn’t come set from the factory…
I know! It’s crazy. Just looking at the angle of the tips compared to the resonators makes me wonder what they were thinking. When I moved them, the piping is now inline how I’d figure it should be.

Reaction score
No satellite needed. At this point, you don't need internet or GPS. It looks at the road as you drive.

When I was browsing the comma 3 it wasn't clear what I had to buy beyond the actual device. I know you need a special plug in addition. Do you have any info on that?

vincentw56

Reaction score
When I was browsing the comma 3 it wasn't clear what I had to buy beyond the actual device. I know you need a special plug in addition. Do you have any info on that?
You need to but the Comma and the dev harness. You need to build the harness. I can do that for you. You just need to pay shipping and the cost of the connectors.

Reaction score
You need to but the Comma and the dev harness. You need to build the harness. I can do that for you. You just need to pay shipping and the cost of the connectors.
Sounds great! Though I'm going to wait until my truck hits the assembly line before I start making moves. Looking forward to helping with the development.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I know! It’s crazy. Just looking at the angle of the tips compared to the resonators makes me wonder what they were thinking. When I moved them, the piping is now inline how I’d figure it should be.
I have a list of must checks for whatever truck that I end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread