5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Friday she goes in for the adjustable pedal recall and any ECM/PCM updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Something is coming
f97fc9bc55528e4c7b05e5ac1f1d4c81.jpg

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I washed and detailed "Black beauty" today. What is everyones thought on ceramic coatings? Are they worth it?

Black is a hard puppy to keep clean. Here in Texas, the biggest debris we tend to kick up here are butterflies/bugs and dirt/dust.

It does not snow here (lucky me)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some people have found me drooling over the picture of my truck when I am not around the truck, they think I have lost it.... think I am in love .

View attachment 16987
You should get the little red back and forth red LED and make it look like the Knight Rider truck! "Hey KIT". Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Todd

Reaction score
Invested in some good quality washing care products for my investment!

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_090511028.jpg
    IMG_20190224_090511028.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 103

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I washed and detailed "Black beauty" today. What is everyones thought on ceramic coatings? Are they worth it?

Black is a hard puppy to keep clean. Here in Texas, the biggest debris we tend to kick up here are butterflies/bugs and dirt/dust.

It does not snow here (lucky me)

Totally worth it and makes it easy to clean. Lucky me I have about 6 months of snow AND bugs and dirt to deal with for the rest of year

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
I sold my 2 month old 2019 1500 Crew Cab Laramie yesterday.

After I bought that truck, I decided I wanted a camper, and all the ones I wanted were pushing the truck to it’s limits on payload.

As painful as it was to trade a 2 month old truck, I pulled the trigger yesterday.

If the 2019 3/4 ton RAMS were out yet, I probably would have bought one of those, but instead I bought a 2019 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Diesel.

I had some decent offers on 2018 RAM diesels, but after having the new body style I didn’t want to go back in time.

Off to the Ford forum. Good luck to the rest of you with your RAM trucks.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I sold my 2 month old 2019 1500 Crew Cab Laramie yesterday.

After I bought that truck, I decided I wanted a camper, and all the ones I wanted were pushing the truck to it’s limits on payload.

As painful as it was to trade a 2 month old truck, I pulled the trigger yesterday.

If the 2019 3/4 ton RAMS were out yet, I probably would have bought one of those, but instead I bought a 2019 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Diesel.

I had some decent offers on 2018 RAM diesels, but after having the new body style I didn’t want to go back in time.

Off to the Ford forum. Good luck to the rest of you with your RAM trucks.

Out of curiosity what was your payload sticker? And options? What kind of TT were you looking at? And what size if your family? (If you don’t mind) Only asking for my own research purposes. Thanks!

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what was your payload sticker? And options? What kind of TT were you looking at? And what size if your family? (If you don’t mind) Only asking for my own research purposes. Thanks!

Payload sticker showed 1,667. I had the Laramie package with leather trimmed seats, level 1 equipment group, rear under seat storage, Hemi and 20” wheels. Sticker was $52,995.

After purchase, I added front end lift, undercover flex tonneau cover, spray in bedliner, undercoating, rustproofing, running boards, RAM logo mud flaps, WeatherTech floor liners (front/back), clear bra on the front and on door sills and the A pillar.

With all of that and me in the truck, the weight was 5980, and my GVWR was 7,100. So that left 1,120 lbs of payload. Subtracting our 100 lbs for the weight distribution hitch, the remaining payload was 1020 lbs.

By the time I subtracted 10 - 15% (700) of the camper’s GVW (7,000 lbs) from the remaining payload, the remaining payload was 320 lbs under the truck’s GVWR of 7100.

The camper I bought is 28’ not including the hitch/trailer part, and about 31 with. It’s a fiberglass/aluminum frame camper to keep the weight down.

I was told to make sure 15% of the camper’s GVW would work though, and with that (1,065 lbs) I’d be over the truck’s GVWR by 45 lbs. That’s with no other passengers besides myself.

Furthermore, I was told that the truck would pull the camper I bought just fine in Nebraska where I live, but the truck would really struggle going up mountains in Colorado which I like to go once or twice a year. This is the main reason why I decided to make the trade, and the main reason for buying a new truck with a Diesel engine.

Hopefully that helps.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting because I literally just upgraded to a Ram with 5.7 Hemi in the 3.92 axle from a Silverado 1500. My camper is 7000 dry weight and was figuring this would be fine. Does anybody know where to get the full spec sheets on our Ram trucks of all the different weight ratings?

Or the specs on a 1500 5.7 Hemi 3.92 axle short bed

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Interesting because I literally just upgraded to a Ram with 5.7 Hemi in the 3.92 axle from a Silverado 1500. My camper is 7000 dry weight and was figuring this would be fine. Does anybody know where to get the full spec sheets on our Ram trucks of all the different weight ratings?

https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing-guide.html

Click “look up my vehicle” enter your vin and your specific truck specs will come up

slimchance

Reaction score

go here
https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/towing.10/

and at least read this

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-releases-2019-ram-1500-payload-and-towing-charts.9/

Users who are viewing this thread