5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

chuck01835

Reaction score
Fluid film used here. Works well, but does require multiple applications. Super easy to apply when you get the dedicated sprayer.
What about the smell. Would it get into a brand new truck and ruin that "new car smell"?

Steveinmd

Reaction score
What about the smell. Would it get into a brand new truck and ruin that "new car smell"?
Hasnt on the 5 vehicles I've put it on. I try to avoid spraying any exhaust components and engine. It will burn off as it's a wax based product, not oil.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did that on Friday, are you supposed to put ethanol free in these things? It’s like $.50 more per gallon
Dont start the gas subject! There are way too many experts on this forum that will analyze every atom of gas and swear the whole truck will implode if you dont use 89 octane. I just fill it with regular gas and it runs fine.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I am usually a function over form kind of guy but there are just some things I don't do - wheel covers, curb feelers, black exterior color, sunroofs, GM or Nissan vehicles, and dash mats to name a few.

No matter how practical they are (or if they will do exactly what I need) I can't do a dash mat. Just a personal preference.

ef6500e3fc332e1c7a723f7db349eb0c.jpg

This was dark black not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_63152

Tiny LED upgrade to the rear of the Rebel last night. I love the 3 marker lights on the TRX so I decided to make my own with some bolt lights. They match my 3rd brake light too!

This cost me around $25 so the wife was coolwith another one of my “pointless truck projects.”

150dd27ee879ee5cb4b1984088b3c3f9.jpg

5aeb0c6195adaddb72e39910a29a4403.jpg

41f7b93aab9cb69714e035b3deb80fc8.jpg

I'd like those, but white, for reverse lights. (y)

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
Had my steering wheel replaced under warranty for it coming unglued. Well surprise, the new one has the same problem in a couple different spots where the leather isn't glued down. I'm not sure why this is a issue at all, my Charger steering wheel is perfect.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ef6500e3fc332e1c7a723f7db349eb0c.jpg

This was dark black not too long ago.

That's carpet...it fades much easier than dash material. I've been out to Chrysler proving grounds in Wittmann AZ and I got to see how they test interior material. They put the material in a glass case that sits in the sun for a few years at a time. Years ago, dashboards would fade and crack in the AZ sun after just a few years, but the material they are using now doesn't fade or crack at all. I used to run a dash mat back in the 80's but it's just not necessary any more.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's carpet...it fades much easier than dash material. I've been out to Chrysler proving grounds in Wittmann AZ and I got to see how they test interior material. They put the material in a glass case that sits in the sun for a few years at a time. Years ago, dashboards would fade and crack in the AZ sun after just a few years, but the material they are using now doesn't fade or crack at all. I used to run a dash mat back in the 80's but it's just not necessary any more.
Not to mention there are products such as the one linked below that provide additional protection against fading. I personally use this one and love it. Every few weeks when I clean my interior real good it takes no time to use.

303 Protectant - Automotive Interior And Exterior - Ultimate UV Protection - Helps Prevent Fading And Cracking - Repels Dust, Lint, And Staining - Non Greasy Finish, 16 fl. oz. (30382) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0185PU38A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_45Z8HEV06XJW23ER07KV

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Maybe. Either way it’s still discoloration and I’d rather not have that be my dash.

Users who are viewing this thread