5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Echance01

Reaction score
Did you also get your windshield tinted? I did the sides like you and also the windshield. It has made a huge difference.

I didn’t do the full windshield, just the visor strip. Didn’t want to pay the extra money then have a rock hit my windshield on the way home (that would be my luck).

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I didn’t do the full windshield, just the visor strip. Didn’t want to pay the extra money then have a rock hit my windshield on the way home (that would be my luck).

The place I got my tint done also does windshields. If I ever have to replace my windshield and I have them do it, they will re-tint it for free. :)

66cuda

Reaction score
I ordered the MOPAR black matte running boards and MOPAR front/rear mud flaps for the truck. Will find out when they'll be installed tomorrow....I hoping it is soon. Once they are on, I'll post some pictures.

What was the part number you ordered and has it come in yet? I've been waiting for info from Mopar about black running boards.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. I also would love this information and if possible if anyone has an actual picture that I can look at. :)

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
If you are looking for the black off road running boards, the part number is 82215508AB.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Here is what the off road ones look like.

Attachments

• 82215508ab_1.3896.jpg
    82215508ab_1.3896.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 238

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck back from the detailer today, I had it Ceramic Coated and some paint chips / scratches fixed from an unfortunate landscaper mishap I posted about a few weeks ago here. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/grrrr-paint-chips-by-morons.1672/

$950 total, not too shabby considering their insurance company sent me a check for $2164. Maybe the rest will be used towards some new wheels ;)

Pics don't do it justice as it is overcast in Pa today (what else is new this year, ugh!) I'll have to get some good sunshine pics to show the flake in the paint if it ever shows up again.

frontangle.jpg

side.jpg

front.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Was going to use it to go and pick up my new Sport hood. Jumped in it and started to head to the dealership. Low tire pressure light pops on. Drive over to tire shop only to find out there’s a giant staple imbedded in my sidewall. Tire of course is non repairable. They want $248 for the tire and it would arrive on Friday. Ok drove over to where my hood is and the dealership happen to have one. $180.00 later I’m back in the saddle again. To make it even sweeter the dealership is going to drop my hood off at the bodyshop today for me. :)

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^Good to hear about the hood. Some progress. Can't wait to see it.

I live in an area with new construction going on all the time. Always getting flat tires.

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
took it in and had them install front and rear Blackvue dashcams. Now need to learn how to properly use them.
Where did you take your truck to for the Dash Cam installation and which Blackvue DasCams did you get? I’m considering the same thing for my truck. Any pictures you could share would be appreciated, trying to get ideas on how or where to mount both cameras.

jamesfg

Reaction score
N-fab nerf bar install, put in a manual switch to control the cargo lights and did some fine tuning on the on board air rack 20180922_074212.jpg 20180922_093109.jpg 20180916_142225.jpg

sgk

Reaction score
Where did you take your truck to for the Dash Cam installation and which Blackvue DasCams did you get? I’m considering the same thing for my truck. Any pictures you could share would be appreciated, trying to get ideas on how or where to mount both cameras.
Ill take photos tomorrow and post it, I got the blackvue dr900s 2CH. front and rear install. from some place here in Toronto I believe it was called car systems installs. They were fine, good reviews and all but didn't correctly know everything about it and knew nothing about saving content on the cloud or how to view footage when im not in the truck. So im still watching youtube videos on it.
The cameras themselves are great, 4k quality and from what they told me newest ones out right now.(I couldn't find anything better from blackvue) So I was happy about that.

Vicrafa

Reaction score
Had the truck for just about 2 weeks now. Loving it except for clink sound when turning taking in this week to get checked. Just finished washing this morning and had tires put in this week. Other details thus far include ceramic tint all around, xpel covering on front and lower body panels, undercover top for bed. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck back from the detailer today, I had it Ceramic Coated and some paint chips / scratches fixed from an unfortunate landscaper mishap I posted about a few weeks ago here. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/grrrr-paint-chips-by-morons.1672/

$950 total, not too shabby considering their insurance company sent me a check for $2164. Maybe the rest will be used towards some new wheels ;)

Pics don't do it justice as it is overcast in Pa today (what else is new this year, ugh!) I'll have to get some good sunshine pics to show the flake in the paint if it ever shows up again.

View attachment 5001

View attachment 5002

View attachment 5003
Nice looking truck!!!

My last two trucks were black. This time I ordered the Billet Silver. Black looks so nice when clean, but shows the dirt quickly.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003521 miles.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Where did you find the door strike cover?
Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003521 miles.
On Wish. Takes several weeks since they are from China lol.

Users who are viewing this thread