5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and had some things done before today, so I'll list those first, and then the things I'm having done today.

Before today:
1) 20% front window tint (3M ColorGuard)
2) WeatherTech front and rear floor liners
3) Gatorback Mud Flaps with RAM Head Logo
4) Skid Plates (2, still need the fuel tank skid plate)
5) Line-X Undercoating
6) Line-X Rustproofing
7) 3M clear shield on the front bumper/fender/lights and hood, A Pillar, doors and door handles

Today:
1) Front end level kit
2) Line-X spray-in bed liner
3) Undercover Ultra-Flex Tonneau Cover

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Put it to work as a truck, make it earn its keep. No free meals here.

If this truck wants me to take care of it; wash it, feed it, keep it safe and secure....it better do it's chores if you know what I mean.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the utility rails installed... only buggered one nutsert along the bottom on each side so no big deal.
Did have to go to ACE and get longer bolts as I was unable to get the bedrug compressed enough to catch the OEM bolts. The rail did pull in the bed rug quite a bit at the tail gate, going to have to remove the velcro and add new ones because of the shortened distance.

1546987396398.png

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Added a 1/4 inch custom lift kit to my boys truck. Also did some custom badging and an OEM Lightbar on the roof.

Before:

b8c9640c620c852b284caaef11239643.jpg

c3644260b8d38ca32f9e6ef69aa0be52.jpg

After:

735660048fd80840bf66697a433b8690.jpg
2792b8c9d3e9586b2857e71f240c2d8b.jpg

Ride is a little stiffer but very similar to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonebro

Reaction score
Finally got to hand wash and detail my truck. Also installed Huskyliner mud flaps and cut to fit tool matting for storage compartments and Ramboxes. View attachment 13129

Looks like your mud flaps don’t fit right either. Mine have the “gap”. Waiting for weather tech flaps to arrive Thursday to see if I like them better. 9DB1D7AE-274C-4C55-B639-E1F600628DAC.jpeg

Welfare357

Reaction score
Looks like your mud flaps don’t fit right either. Mine have the “gap”. Waiting for weather tech flaps to arrive Thursday to see if I like them better. View attachment 13130
Yea. They don’t fit as good as the ones I had on my 2009 Laramie. But I do like how they are a little more rounded at the bottom of the flaps than the Weathertech.

VanLith10

Reaction score
Today I limo tinted the sunroof and 6” down the windshield. Also tinted all door windows. Friday the exhaust goes on!!!!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added a 1/4 inch custom lift kit to my boys truck. Also did some custom badging and an OEM Lightbar on the roof.

Before:

b8c9640c620c852b284caaef11239643.jpg

c3644260b8d38ca32f9e6ef69aa0be52.jpg

After:

735660048fd80840bf66697a433b8690.jpg
2792b8c9d3e9586b2857e71f240c2d8b.jpg

Ride is a little stiffer but very similar to stock.

Looks good! Watch your drive shaft angle with that lift....don't want to break down out in the boonies (back yard...lol) :giggle:

kjn86

Reaction score
What’s the best way to remove the lil stick on dealer advertisement?

I tried heating it with a hair dryer myself and it wasn't effective enough alone. I had to use something to get the edge up to peel it off. I tried a lot of safe options to avoid scratching the paint but none of them were pointed enough. Finally used a razor to just get the edge moving away from the truck. Worked perfectly but left a small paint chip I didn't notice at each place. So heat it for sure to get the adhesive up and then you need something to start the sticker peeling away. I tried my finger nail to no avail. Try something plastic. May have to flatten/mold it to get it sharp enough to get under the sticker. I was thinking I should have used one of those plastic dental picks since you can get an edge on it.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I tried heating it with a hair dryer myself and it wasn't effective enough alone. I had to use something to get the edge up to peel it off. I tried a lot of safe options to avoid scratching the paint but none of them were pointed enough. Finally used a razor to just get the edge moving away from the truck. Worked perfectly but left a small paint chip I didn't notice at each place. So heat it for sure to get the adhesive up and then you need something to start the sticker peeling away. I tried my finger nail to no avail. Try something plastic. May have to flatten/mold it to get it sharp enough to get under the sticker. I was thinking I should have used one of those plastic dental picks since you can get an edge on it.
Wow, i have always been able to do dealer stickers amd manufacturer badges with a hair dryer. Some took some heating up a lot longer than others, i agree. I have been there holding it for 20 minutes at points, but always worked.

Never really used any adhesive dissolvers more than goo gone to assist.

I always try to do it on really hot days too after cars been in direct sunlight (especially the panel I want to focus on), plus the hair dryer. Those are the easiest.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Ordered MOPAR bed utility rails on ebay from a delaer in NC. Said it was in stock and ready to ship after I messaged and asked to make sure.

279 Shipped Fast and Free. The local dealers I called told me they would have to order them in on a daily order, yada yada, and then I go pick them up.

Maybe it wasnt the greatest deal, but there is a cost to convenience.

So thats what I did for the Ram today.

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score

I used my library card to get underneath and it worked perfectly.

V8Spock

Reaction score
steps.jpg

Installed a nice pair of Westin Sure-Grip step boards on my 2019 Laramie . Solid aluminum boards with plastic end caps. Strong and sturdy. Very pleased as the price was right.

Total cost was $354 including shipping. Amazon Prime

Took about an hour per side to install. As noted by Westin, the lower mount studs on the RAM rocker panels are painted over. That makes it super hard to install the nuts for the support arms.

Westin 27-6650 Polished Aluminum Sure Grip Step Board $249
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002V0NGA8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Westin 27-2245 Sure-Grip/Step Board Mount Kit $105
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWDJT2T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Got 2/4 of the rigid industries lights for my project, first impressions- they're super high quality feeling and offer many different mounting choices. My custom Magnum headache rach should arrive in 2 weeks. I'll have a full install writeup then. (key fob for size reference) IMG_4322.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread