5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Spent all day yesterday organizing a new fresh USB thumbdrive for music. Deleted duplicates, put them in the proper folders for artist name, etc. I had a SLEW of unassigned music, etc.

Popped it in, and viola, more tunes.

Now I need to organize by genre and make some playlists.

So far, USB port functions with a 3.0 speed 128gb Sandisk thumb. Not sure wjat max GB is in that thing. Sometimes readers say a max, and they underestimate what it can do.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Spent all day yesterday organizing a new fresh USB thumbdrive for music. Deleted duplicates, put them in the proper folders for artist name, etc. I had a SLEW of unassigned music, etc.

Popped it in, and viola, more tunes.

Now I need to organize by genre and make some playlists.

So far, USB port functions with a 3.0 speed 128gb Sandisk thumb. Not sure wjat max GB is in that thing. Sometimes readers say a max, and they underestimate what it can do.
How many mp3 files? Sometimes it's max is not the size, but the number of actual songs.

wthomps79

Reaction score
Put on a Billet Technologies catch can. Should help to keep the intake a bit cleaner. I was somewhat surprised at how much oil residue was in the OEM PCV tube. Definitely one of the easiest installs I’ve done on this truck.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Swapped the interior lights to LED. Took care of the overhead console, the rear dome light, and the lower glove box while I waited for the boys practice to finish. Now to figure out the foot well lights.

Last edited:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
How many mp3 files? Sometimes it's max is not the size, but the number of actual songs.
I have 2000 songs on there after editing over 2000 others away. But I dont know how much of the card is full now... forgot to look. I know it had 6000 songs before organizing and the truck read it..

iupui1299

Reaction score
Got a full set of Weathertech mudflaps. Installed today. Super easy install and they look great. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the look but they turned out great. Have some window visors coming and a chrome front hood shield. on its way. Also, got a free oil change and tire rotation from my dealer.

WyattS42

Reaction score

WyattS42

Reaction score
Thanks and will do... At $12.00 (including shipping/no tax) for the set, I figured it was worth a try.

Yeah definitely. I have the Laramie sport 4x4 in delmonico red. All of the badges are chrome. Looking at putting a bright silver set of wheels on, may look dumb but just trying to be different. Step outside of the black and machined or chrome Fuel wheel box. But seeing this has me thinking of putting the silver overlay on all of the chrome and it would all flow well.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Yeah definitely. I have the Laramie sport 4x4 in delmonico red. All of the badges are chrome. Looking at putting a bright silver set of wheels on, may look dumb but just trying to be different. Step outside of the black and machined or chrome Fuel wheel box. But seeing this has me thinking of putting the silver overlay on all of the chrome and it would all flow well.

Sounds like a solid plan and I think it would look tight... Can't wait to see the finished results. (y)

WyattS42

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what type of leveling setup I’d like to do..wheels are 22s, would be a 35” MT or ridge grappler on them. Once I decide on the level I’ll get it all done lol.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dressed up the black OEM hood bezels a bit...

Before:
View attachment 12066
After:
View attachment 12067
Chitty 4am garage shot:
View attachment 12068

Big shoutout to member @Jhill for the hookup on Reflective Concepts -

http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/

Great pricing, quick shipping, highly recommended... :cool:
That looks killer!!! I might have to order some carbon fiber for my side RAM's and tailgate RAM. I am impressed on how accurate the die cut letters fit. ReflectiveConcepts.com supplied my RAM letters for my Rebel and I contacted them after pointing out product was a bit orange when compared to my flame red paint. Matt at their company responded that they were having difficulty finding a vinyl color that matched close enough and was going to address issue and possibly have new color created in vinyl. Within a couple weeks he sent me a sample and asked if it looked acceptable to me and when I responded that it was a close match, he immediately sent me new letter overlays in new color shade free of charge. They use quality outdoor rated vinyls so should hold up well as long as you clean properly before application. Great company and product priced right. Give em' a try! I haven't put new letters on yet but here is the first letters that were slightly too orange. ( IMG_3406.JPG Waiting for better weather)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somewhere else on this "fifth gen ram" site is a delmonico red truck that the owner put delmonico red matching vinyl on hood badges and it looked really custom. Might be under "what did you do to your Ram today" not sure. Worth searching it out to see pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/