5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

brdima

Reaction score
Nice! Where/How did you mount the antenna on the bed? If I was driving more than once a week I'd finally get a new Ham setup
Truth be told I use the dual receive to listen to local pd and fire, so tx wasn’t a consideration when I mounted the antenna. I used a lip mount that fit into a bracket inside the back stake pocket. I got access to it by removing a tail light.
the better solution is a breedlove stake pocket mount. I might consider this when I decide to move my antenna to the front stake pocket. But here is my post about the antenna.

zignice

Reaction score
Hey, what rear LED R U using. RIGID has sets but do not certify on MY 19, tailgate opens too low and hits setup. Did U mount different and also use extra Curt plugs???
I have the Opt 7 Triple. It works, but you have to mount it in just the right spot. I mounted with the supplied mounts. Probably best to use nuts on the backside, but I never got around to it. I did use the Curt plugs.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Finally installed my ham radio. Yaesu FT-8800R
Mounted inside the console on the back wall. Drilled a hole in the floor to run all the cables - power, antenna, remote head.
mounted the remote head in front of the CD player. Was able to fish the remote head cable between the CD player and dash. Only wire I couldn’t hide well (by the seat) was the antenna bc it’s so thick and got lazy to remove more bolts and carpeting.
I ran the antenna from the bed into the cab using the rear plug under the back seats.

Nice! Definitely on my list. Until then I’m using my baofeng with a 14” whip. With the usb charge cable plugged in so I don’t lose any charge it’s been working surprisingly well.
84963b3df0d727045b3514e8c229c046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intelligence209

Reaction score
Thank you! I love them. Real sturdy and all one piece, and they use all 3 mounting points on each side unlike some other steps. Finish hasn’t worn at all either and I use them every time I get in. Honestly I also got them to try to protect against rocks from flinging up from my tires and onto my paint. Been working great for that as well, no paint chips since I put them on

May you give me a link? I appreciate it

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I have the Opt 7 Triple. It works, but you have to mount it in just the right spot. I mounted with the supplied mounts. Probably best to use nuts on the backside, but I never got around to it. I did use the Curt plugs.

OK, thanx

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, uh, that flag only has 25 stars. And doesn't match the actual 25 star flag.
Otherwise, looks good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That was my first reaction when I opened the package.

Then I realized if they put 50 stars on this size they would just be dots and not look right.

I got one on the passenger side of the truck as well, so between the two all stars are represented on the truck.

Furts905

Reaction score
Getting my Corsa Exhaust installed tomorrow, then ceramic coating done on Sunday. Thinking about putting spacers?!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New video up! Had to ditch the RMI sway bar temporarily until i can find someone to make sway bar spacers. Apparently the Banks ones don’t fit 1500 (which I doubt) so if anyone is a machinist and looking to help a brotha out, I can send the dims to machined up a spacer!

Obligatory, like and subscribe folks! Helps keep videos coming!

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Put in Husky rubber mats. Amazon open box item, $80. They block the under seat vents so I tucked them under.

View attachment 62853 View attachment 62854
Thanks for mentioning the vents. I went out and checked after your post. The passenger side was good. The driver side was not only under the weather mat, but under the cabin carpet as well. Not the floor mat, the carpet! Easy fix though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New video up! Had to ditch the RMI sway bar temporarily until i can find someone to make sway bar spacers. Apparently the Banks ones don’t fit 1500 (which I doubt) so if anyone is a machinist and looking to help a brotha out, I can send the dims to machined up a spacer!

Obligatory, like and subscribe folks! Helps keep videos coming!

What wrong with Hellwig sway bar? Why you did get it?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What wrong with Hellwig sway bar? Why you did get it?

Nothing, I saw an opportunity to try a different brand that not everyone uses. The RV guys love RMI bars.

Being a bit selfish, there also aren’t many RMI sway bars on Youtube so traffic to my channel goes up faster than if I would’ve used a Hellwig which everyone already knows about.

Regardless both bars do great.

intelligence209

Reaction score
Nothing, I saw an opportunity to try a different brand that not everyone uses. The RV guys love RMI bars.

Being a bit selfish, there also aren’t many RMI sway bars on Youtube so traffic to my channel goes up faster than if I would’ve used a Hellwig which everyone already knows about.

Regardless both bars do great.

Didn't realize that that channel was you. I just subscribed.

You say the RV guys like the RMI bars more. Can you explain that a bit more? I tow a lot im always looking to improve the sway control. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread