5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Prodat

Reaction score
Nice! We had a B-2 flyover here in KC

And keeping with the spirit of our thread, I’m loving my 2” Bora wheel spacers!
8aae452b648212a1228b7a84e64500c9.jpg

What tires are you running ? is this only leveling kit installed ?
Very nice setup !

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What tires are you running ? is this only leveling kit installed ?
Very nice setup !

Thank you.

I have factory Rebel takeoff wheels and tires, absolutely love the look. I added 2” BORA wheel spacers to help push them out.

I have installed Bilstein 5100s on my ORP, so basically 3” higher than normal in the front, and 1” in the rear.

Last edited:

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Maxtrac lowering kit installed today. They forgot my rear struts but the factory ones work fine until they get here. Also installed the Hellwig sway bar while under there. Love the look! Friend of mine helped me install it, he has the same kit on his 19 9DF00929-D482-459E-AD58-E1C192970599.jpeg 4FBAF33B-F03A-4CFB-80A1-E1F2C8DF4F6A.jpeg

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Got my Maxtrac lowering kit installed today. They forgot my rear struts but the factory ones work fine until they get here. Also installed the Hellwig sway bar while under there. Love the look! Friend of mine helped me install it, he has the same kit on his 19 View attachment 54719 View attachment 54720
How much did the rear end drop?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
3.5” but it should settle the rest of the way
It looks really good. I am considering dropping the rear of mine as well, but I am really only trying to remove the factory rake. I have a 4wd and have never lowered any truck, only wanted to raise. Can't really justify for my pocket book to raise the truck and want to get new tires, when mine are brand new. But IMO those white letter Bridgestone tires we have on our trucks would not look as good on a raised truck as they do on a lowered truck. I saw they sell just a 2" rear lower spring; I might just try that and see how I like it

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks really good. I am considering dropping the rear of mine as well, but I am really only trying to remove the factory rake. I have a 4wd and have never lowered any truck, only wanted to raise. Can't really justify for my pocket book to raise the truck and want to get new tires, when mine are brand new. But IMO those white letter Bridgestone tires we have on our trucks would not look as good on a raised truck as they do on a lowered truck. I saw they sell just a 2" rear lower spring; I might just try that and see how I like it
Yea that should be an easy swap.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed 3 out of 4 infinity 6x9’s in the doors to replace my HK speakers and did a little sound deadening while I had the panels off. I’ll get to my drivers side tomorrow. I really feel the infinity 3.5’s will fit in the front doors with just a small spacer or something as the magnet width is really the only difference between the factory 3.5 that’s installed and the infinity one...
Also added some weatherstripping to my tailgate to fill in that 1 inch gap that lets water in to the bed

Last edited:

T_etzz

Reaction score
Contemplating this. Any tips/tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, don’t call RC they tell you to look at the instructions (which are terrible BTW). make sure you have a smaller reciprocating saw, I used a Bosch 12v. The only thing that worried me was taking the plastic pieces off under the headlights to remove the grille i thought I would break them.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed 3 out of 4 infinity 6x9’s in the doors to replace my HK speakers and did a little sound deafening while I had the panels off. I’ll get to my drivers side tomorrow. I really feel the infinity 3.5’s will fit in the front doors with just a small spacer or something as the magnet width is really the only difference between the factory 3.5 that’s installed and the infinity one...
Also added some weatherstripping to my tailgate to fill in that 1 inch gap that lets water in to the bed

Any chance you have a link to that weatherstripping? Curious if you have the rambox... the gap on mine is giant!

djjr50

Reaction score
Installed 3 out of 4 infinity 6x9’s in the doors to replace my HK speakers and did a little sound deafening while I had the panels off. I’ll get to my drivers side tomorrow. I really feel the infinity 3.5’s will fit in the front doors with just a small spacer or something as the magnet width is really the only difference between the factory 3.5 that’s installed and the infinity one...
Are you referring to the side gaps? I just noticed those this weekend when unloading the truck and something fell between them.

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
Washed, clayed and waxed today! I need to get to wrapping my bumpers..

Attachments

• 3A12A383-BFA1-4EAE-96B9-4B18927BBECE.jpeg
    3A12A383-BFA1-4EAE-96B9-4B18927BBECE.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 7B4B8BAD-E442-4A17-9A6E-666F967BBAA0.jpeg
    7B4B8BAD-E442-4A17-9A6E-666F967BBAA0.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread