5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Installed S&B intake along with 91 tune today. Plan to install Corsa catback along with some reverse lights into my rear bumper later this week. The real fun starts in a month.
Do you feel any improvements in throttle response or power?

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Installed S&B intake along with 91 tune today. Plan to install Corsa catback along with some reverse lights into my rear bumper later this week. The real fun starts in a month.
I'm considering reverse lights in bumper too... need to get truck to shop one of these days to see what they can come up with... do you already have ideas of what you're going to do?...

I'm not sure about cutting into bumper - but its likely what I'll have done... just need to determine exact size and location.

406Rebel

Reaction score
Do you feel any improvements in throttle response or power?
I had a little with just the intake, only drove a few miles though before installing the 91 performance tune that came from Diablo. The sound is amazing tho. I will say the biggest gains i noticed with the intake alone was in the higher RPM range.

406Rebel

Reaction score
I'm considering reverse lights in bumper too... need to get truck to shop one of these days to see what they can come up with... do you already have ideas of what you're going to do?...

I'm not sure about cutting into bumper - but its likely what I'll have done... just need to determine exact size and location.
I'll have to put the template that came with the lights on and see how it'll look but I'm planning on going right above the exhaust tips as that's about the only flat ish spot on the rear bumper. Everything else is fairly rounded. I didn't want to have to cut into it either but looks to be the only way. Went with blacked out lights from Rough Country to help them blend in.

Attachments

• 2in_flush_mounts_with_flood_lens_-_70113bl.jpg
    2in_flush_mounts_with_flood_lens_-_70113bl.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 111

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
Installed undercover armor flex
064e727fbc1fea8d72057e91bfe4fe85.jpg
afb2446818b8e423714170d6213d1288.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I'll have to put the template that came with the lights on and see how it'll look but I'm planning on going right above the exhaust tips as that's about the only flat ish spot on the rear bumper. Everything else is fairly rounded. I didn't want to have to cut into it either but looks to be the only way. Went with blacked out lights from Rough Country to help them blend in.
Nice choice - I hate to be a copy-cat but would you mind sharing part number? ... I'm sure others have done similar, but I haven't seen it - so I figured I'd have to start from scratch... but now that I see you have same idea, and the lights you chose look good, it's pretty much what I was thinking.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice choice - I hate to be a copy-cat but would you mind sharing part number? ... I'm sure others have done similar, but I haven't seen it - so I figured I'd have to start from scratch... but now that I see you have same idea, and the lights you chose look good, it's pretty much what I was thinking.
Someone on here added some on the plastic next to the rear parking sensors on here that looked great.

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Someone on here added some on the plastic next to the rear parking sensors on here that looked great.
There are a ton of threads on this topic. Some guys doing really creative things. Cool to see so many answers to the same issue with the full range of budget options on the table.

Search the "exterior" and "DIY/Mod" boards for auxiliary reverse lights or similar and you'll find them. Here is an excellent example:

[/URL]

I plan on patching together a few different ideas, just waiting for the time to do it this week. I have the parts now but it gets dark so early. I ordered KC Hilites C2 lights because they are very bright and very small. It was between them and Baja S2 Sport in the wide cornering pattern as is mentioned in the post above. Came down to cost. U-bolt over the trailer hitch will allow me to hide them up under the bumper without cutting into the truck. However, flush in the bumper is absolutely an option though. Trigger 4+ Wireless Accessory Controller will allow me to control them.

Not sure people want me to drone on further when the topic has been well covered, but will probably post some pics on an existing thread once I'm done.

Good luck guys and let us know what you end up with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RickWaz

Reaction score
Did a quick custom light setting with the Diode Dynamics DRL boards:

Then swapped some ORP shocks out of the strut assemblies with B85100s:
View attachment 46554 View attachment 46555
Hey RebelWraith, did you do the DRL Light Board install or have a Diode Dynamics installer do it? I'm waiting for Diode Dynamics to develop these Light Boards to the 2020's.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those should look really good on the textured rebel bumper. Can't wait to see them installed.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

DesertRebel

Reaction score
There are a ton of threads on this topic. Some guys doing really creative things. Cool to see so many answers to the same issue with the full range of budget options on the table.

Search the "exterior" and "DIY/Mod" boards for auxiliary reverse lights or similar and you'll find them. Here is an excellent example:

[/URL]

I plan on patching together a few different ideas, just waiting for the time to do it this week. I have the parts now but it gets dark so early. I ordered KC Hilites C2 lights because they are very bright and very small. It was between them and Baja S2 Sport in the wide cornering pattern as is mentioned in the post above. Came down to cost. U-bolt over the trailer hitch will allow me to hide them up under the bumper without cutting into the truck. However, flush in the bumper is absolutely an option though. Trigger 4+ Wireless Accessory Controller will allow me to control them.

Not sure people want me to drone on further when the topic has been well covered, but will probably post some pics on an existing thread once I'm done.

Good luck guys and let us know what you end up with.

I've seen many of the reverse light posts - but don't remember any being in bumper cutout... Everything I've seen is on license plate or hanging below bumper. I figured someone has done what 406rebel and I plan to do, but I've not seen it... Is it in the thread you referenced?

RamConvert82

Reaction score
I've seen many of the reverse light posts - but don't remember any being in bumper cutout... Everything I've seen is on license plate or hanging below bumper. I figured someone has done what 406rebel and I plan to do, but I've not seen it... Is it in the thread you referenced?
Apologies, no you are correct. I've not seen any flush-mount posts for our trucks. Tons of similar videos for that on YouTube in other trucks, but I realize that doesn't help with placement on our bumper. I'm sure it can be done however. I didn't personally want to mount them that way, however there are definite advantages, especially in a Rebel encountering rougher terrain.

That would be an excellent addition to the forum when you guys get it sorted.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Hey RebelWraith, did you do the DRL Light Board install or have a Diode Dynamics installer do it? I'm waiting for Diode Dynamics to develop these Light Boards to the 2020's.
I did the install and also another member's headlights here on the site that is local to me. Would be very surprised if RAM changed the design of the LED boards from 2019 to 2020.

Jako

Reaction score
Link

Jako

Reaction score
Apologies, no you are correct. I've not seen any flush-mount posts for our trucks. Tons of similar videos for that on YouTube in other trucks, but I realize that doesn't help with placement on our bumper. I'm sure it can be done however. I didn't personally want to mount them that way, however there are definite advantages, especially in a Rebel encountering rougher terrain.

That would be an excellent addition to the forum when you guys get it sorted.

406Rebel

Reaction score
Here is the link, I went with the flood beam option. It's supposed to warm up a bit out tomorrow so I'll probably start on it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online