5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Big week for Black Beauty.
Ceramic tinting front windows and windshield
K&N Filter
Mud Flaps
Folding hard top
BedRug
Bed Step

Dealer, regrettably, has had to order new Ramboxes. I am the second in 3 weeks with disaster alignment problems and curling plastic up one side bad. Interestingly, the Ram initial truck survey asked a LOT of questions about Rambox concerns including alignment issues. So, they know there is a problem.
Why the K&N filter change on a new truck?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VLEDS reverse light installed. Pretty straightforward, I just wish I had shorter cables, slight pain in the *** stuffing everything behind the bumper and cable tieing it in place. Can't wait till it's dark to test it out

d37581fb62441bffc9e392b79d4a3a8c.jpg

9279536e6d2b02d073e1ba01037f18f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you mod your license plate yet to have it sit lower? VLED website now has this listed as not compatible with 2019 ram due to the tailgate hitting it when down and scuffing up the paint pretty badly

barakutha

Reaction score
Did you mod your license plate yet to have it sit lower? VLED website now has this listed as not compatible with 2019 ram due to the tailgate hitting it when down and scuffing up the paint pretty badly

Not yet, I haven't been using the bed much thus far. I'm gonna try a thin slip of weatherstripping first see how that works

Lize

Reaction score
Reversing on my drive and just hit the stack of fence panels which have been there for a few days...on autopilot with total lack of attention to mirrors, camera and the screaming sensors.
Luckily looks like the bumper and exhaust hit and slid the whole top of the stack together so no damage otherwise tailgate and rear light cluster could have been mullered :eek:

Rocketman

Reaction score
Took it the dealer Friday for an oil change and tire rotation, then scheduled an appointment for ORC (occupant restraint control) recall.

Gave her a good wash and wax this morning before it got too hot out.

d86cb9efde1a52874bfd16147873cea5.jpg

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Nothing. It's freakin' 90+ outside at 9AM and I started to install my Gator Cover, and within minutes the truck bed, metal frames, and metal clamps were burning my hands. I have no place indoors to install it, so I'll probably have to wait until January when it finally cools the F*** down!! I hate the heat!

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
gave her an oil change at 2200 miles to get rid of the break in stuff. Put 5W-30 castrol magnatec in with the Mobil 1 synthetic filter. Took about 7.5qts, but I read most people filled it up with 7?

dsn112

Reaction score
Took it the dealer Friday for an oil change and tire rotation, then scheduled an appointment for ORC (occupant restraint control) recall.

Gave her a good wash and wax this morning before it got too hot out.

That recall flash takes all of 10 minutes, surprised they couldn't just do it with your oil change.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took mine to my original dealer (there’s at least 6 dealers closer to me) for my first oils change that way as supposed to be free. I just broke 5000 miles and wanted it changed. When I got there they said I didn’t have a free oil change but got the manager to ok it. When I went to check out it just said oil and filter, but not what kind. The service writer said it was conventional because that’s what Ram recommends (umm no it doesn’t). Then he said that the manager authorized a $50 credit towards the oil change but they charge $69.99 for a conventional oil and filter change, no tire rotation or anything else included. So he said I still owed $19.99 plus tax.

I drove away......never to return again.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took mine to my original dealer (there’s at least 6 dealers closer to me) for my first oils change that way as supposed to be free. I just broke 5000 miles and wanted it changed. When I got there they said I didn’t have a free oil change but got the manager to ok it. When I went to check out it just said oil and filter, but not what kind. The service writer said it was conventional because that’s what Ram recommends (umm no it doesn’t). Then he said that the manager authorized a $50 credit towards the oil change but they charge $69.99 for a conventional oil and filter change, no tire rotation or anything else included. So he said I still owed $19.99 plus tax.

Bummer, but unsurprising. That $20 alone probably covers their cost for a conventional oil/filter change.

Tundralag

Reaction score
Nothing. It's freakin' 90+ outside at 9AM and I started to install my Gator Cover, and within minutes the truck bed, metal frames, and metal clamps were burning my hands. I have no place indoors to install it, so I'll probably have to wait until January when it finally cools the F*** down!! I hate the heat!

Sounds like there is a whine coming from just behind the steering wheel.. start at 0600..

Just kidding.. Suck it up.. I put my gator on my truck, Took about 25 minutes.. I did it in Hell Paso TX... Look on the map we are 12 miles from the face of the sun.. really no kidding..

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

we only use FULL synthetic at our dealer .. all CDJR(F) vehicles.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Received a phone call from a freight company saying my addictive desert designs stealth fighter rear bumper would be delivered tomorrow. Came as a pleasant surprise as it’s only been 2 weeks and they said they would need 4-6 weeks. I also ordered Baja designs squadrons to put in the rear bumper. Plan on doing the install tomorrow and will post up some pics of the finished product

barakutha

Reaction score
Currently getting ceramic tint installed.. 20% on the front, 30% on the rear, back and pano roof

Users who are viewing this thread