5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

barakutha

Reaction score
I lost some functions also but after riding around for ten minutes or so, I parked, turned the truck off, and restarted it and everything was back to normal. Hope you get everything back. If not, I would call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socmat23

Reaction score
I have to admit that, when possible, I am pretty lazy on my days off, however this truck has motivated me to make this a productive day off.

Replaced bulbs, except license plate and glovebox.

9a5670f2d8a0fb27ff2cba7e6ef9b9c5.jpg
5636f3c25775b1388da1ad588adf695c.jpg
3c66d1ed2165297c06f31f2c0b6dcbb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is a foolish question, but I have the LED package from the factory. The only lights on this I have looked at are the vanity and I know they are not LED, does the LED package from the factory cover any of these other items? and are you have with the look and light of all of them?

drush

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a foolish question, but I have the LED package from the factory. The only lights on this I have looked at are the vanity and I know they are not LED, does the LED package from the factory cover any of these other items? and are you have with the look and light of all of them?
Many folks have replaced the vanity lights with LEDs. The LED package doesn’t seem to include LED in vanity or CHMSL/cargo for some reason

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put on my new custom plates.

Have to put on my flag knob shifter decal later today.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/r20s being installed now. Here’s a teaser pic.

Attachments

• A64869D3-08DE-4E97-B80D-D68212386A14.jpeg
    A64869D3-08DE-4E97-B80D-D68212386A14.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 147

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/r20s being installed now. Here’s a teaser pic.
Did you go to Discount Tire to get them to give you the $75 a tire for your old ones or do it online?

Thinking of getting the same Nittos but selling my Falken Off Road OEM Tires for $400 since they only have 6,000 miles.

And are you installing those on stock rims and stock suspension or you have it leveled?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you go to Discount Tire to get them to give you the $75 a tire for your old ones or do it online?

Thinking of getting the same Nittos but selling my Falken Off Road OEM Tires for $400 since they only have 6,000 miles.

And are you installing those on stock rims and stock suspension or you have it leveled?
Yes. I went to Discount Tires and asked how much they would give me for the OEM tires. Just drove home with them on the truck. They feel good so far. I’m not lifted or leveled. They showed me a slight rub against a piece of plastic wheel liner but only in reverse and only at full lock turn. I might trim the plastic a bit. A few more pics.

Attachments

• 038F3B54-8DFF-40E8-A3DE-BE64BCE9DB2B.jpeg
    038F3B54-8DFF-40E8-A3DE-BE64BCE9DB2B.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 169
  • D17CE9E2-F42D-4D73-A977-8F3438A95FB9.jpeg
    D17CE9E2-F42D-4D73-A977-8F3438A95FB9.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 166

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Put on my new custom plates.

Have to put on my flag knob shifter decal later today.
When you install your decal, are you going to install it so the flag is horizontal while in Park, or will you install it so that it's horizontal when in Drive? I've been debating about putting on a sticker, and thinking I may do it so it looks horizontal while in drive since that's the most common position myself and others will see it when in the truck. Just curious.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you install your decal, are you going to install it so the flag is horizontal while in Park, or will you install it so that it's horizontal when in Drive? I've been debating about putting on a sticker, and thinking I may do it so it looks horizontal while in drive since that's the most common position myself and others will see it when in the truck. Just curious.
Good question - I was going to do it so it was horizontal in park but now you have me 2nd guessing that lol

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
Many folks have replaced the vanity lights with LEDs. The LED package doesn’t seem to include LED in vanity or CHMSL/cargo for some reason
I have the Big Horn so I am unsure whether or not higher trims go the extra mile in providing LEDs to interior lights, CHMSL etc.

I had to replace vanity, map, footwell, dome, CHMSL, and cargo lights with the 3014 LEDs. They supposedly put out a stronger light than the 5050 lights. The glovebox and license plate lights seem to be LED. I was still going to replace but the connectors were kicking my *** so I just left them in.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the Big Horn so I am unsure whether or not higher trims go the extra mile in providing LEDs to interior lights, CHMSL etc.

I had to replace vanity, map, footwell, dome, CHMSL, and cargo lights with the 3014 LEDs. They supposedly put out a stronger light then the 5050 lights. The glovebox and license plate lights seem to be LED. I was still going to replace but the connectors were kicking my *** so I just left them in.

On the Limited, I have LEDs everywhere, except: Cargo, third brake light, and vanity mirrors (which have been all replaced by me to LEDs).

Boggles the mind that they would do it everywhere else and leave those with regular bulbs. o_O

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
On the Limited, I have LEDs everywhere, except: Cargo, third brake light, and vanity mirrors (which have been all replaced by me to LEDs).

Boggles the mind that they would do it everywhere else and leave those with regular bulbs. o_O
Yea...smh... i agree. There doesn't seem to be a consistent line of logic in that scenario.

Oh... and I know what I AM going to do today...channel my inner Liam Neeson and utilize my particular set of skills in finding the human septic tank who keyed my truck.
Why?! I'm a nice guy...i don't kick dogs or flick ashes on children. Who am I kidding - I'm more Inspector Clouseau than Sherlock Holmes, but if I luck upon an answer...well...i'm just gonna leave it there. What an arsehat!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea...smh... i agree. There doesn't seem to be a consistent line of logic in that scenario.

Oh... and I know what I AM going to do today...channel my inner Liam Neeson and utilize my particular set of skills in finding the human septic tank who keyed my truck.
Why?! I'm a nice guy...i don't kick dogs or flick ashes on children. Who am I kidding - I'm more Inspector Clouseau than Sherlock Holmes, but if I luck upon an answer...well...i'm just gonna leave it there. What an arsehat!

Maybe Ram is just overstocked on those bulbs, so they keep putting them in the current trucks until they run out.

Total bummer about your truck getting keyed. Sorry to hear it! :-(

U

User_6565

Yes. I went to Discount Tires and asked how much they would give me for the OEM tires. Just drove home with them on the truck. They feel good so far. I’m not lifted or leveled. They showed me a slight rub against a piece of plastic wheel liner but only in reverse and only at full lock turn. I might trim the plastic a bit. A few more pics.

How was the noise from those Nitto's compared to OEM?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Oh no. What a scumbag. Sorry to hear.

GSheff

Reaction score
Tinted front windows today at 20%

Has anyone used Vvivid vinyl wrap on their head/tail lights? I’m planning on giving it shot but not sure what approach to take on the taillight sensor. Cut around it and leave it exposed, wrap it all together, or wrap it separately from the light? I don’t think I can do it by wrapping it all at once.

Would love to see any wrap work done on a crystal granite Laramie with chrome. View attachment 30321

Last edited:

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Not scientific but my tint shop would not put a 25 on the front side windows because he said factory can measure 2-3 % so it would measure around 22 with a 25 film on (legal limit here in TX is 25). So 30 is the darkest they would go.
Try living in Virginia where the legal limit is 50. That said, I'm thinking about putting 30 on the windows. It'll still be lighter than the back, but they should blend well. Question: Are the rear cab windows with the sliding window, are they all tinted the same 18-20 as the door windows?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try living in Virginia where the legal limit is 50. That said, I'm thinking about putting 30 on the windows. It'll still be lighter than the back, but they should blend well. Question: Are the rear cab windows with the sliding window, are they all tinted the same 18-20 as the door windows?

Yes. I tinted all my back windows 55% over the stock tint.

Users who are viewing this thread