5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ThePretender

Reaction score
Installed BedRug. Have to reinstall my cover now.

711cb0eef5c68b13ef820eeebcd19d60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbundy84

Reaction score
Dumb question - how wide of running boards (5” or 6”) would you get on a Big Horn? I have two small children (7 and 5) that need the extra boost..

Lawdog13

Reaction score
I have been using mine for several months now and have pulled the TT several times with NO issues. My bags still hold pressure with no leaks at all. They do not do as much for reducing squat as I was hoping but they do help. If I continue to tow the TT regularly, I may eventually upgrade to the Timber Grove bags, but the Airlift 1000HD seem to do a decent job. We will have to see how long they last though.
Hows the ride quality when you are not towing anything?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
@ 5psi, there is no change to the ride quality. It is simply enough air to allow the bags to keep their shape.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the AVS aeroskin after 2 failed attempts at the Lamin-X invisible bug shield. (First one was cut wrong, and 2nd apparently I just sucked at it, so I’m over that method.

This one says it “doesn’t fit rebel or TRX” which, in reality those are two completely different hoods. They probably only mean TRX since the Rebel hoods are just the sport hood and are the same as all the others. So this fits fine. Just not sure about durability and how it’ll hold up. I also used a bunch of my own 3m automotive tape that I had on hand as some of theirs didn’t stick or was in a spot where it didn’t contact the metal due to the shape of the edges, so I double stacked the tape in some spots.

Anyways, looks pretty good. But this is a “time will tell” sort of thing. And if this fails I’ll just hit the bullet and pay for professional PPF. which I’ve successfully applied myself before, this one just didn’t go well for me.

c0e28128da15aac07b88251f22e7dfd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blckout

Reaction score
awesome,
does the bull bar interfere with the front sensors or are you turning them off. does it attach where the two hooks would attach?

Yeah I think it uses the same long bolts, and it does interfere. I keep them off, you can relocate them though but I havent.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dumb question - how wide of running boards (5” or 6”) would you get on a Big Horn? I have two small children (7 and 5) that need the extra boost..
I have a few different running boards. In my case the wider running board just comes closer to the body of the truck. I don't think the wider board helps as far as footing and actually makes it difficult to clean the rocker panel. I had to take into consideration my wife and mother in law (92 yrs old) when getting into the truck. I found a cheap ebay set was the best as it had a lower step height.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have a few different running boards. In my case the wider running board just comes closer to the body of the truck. I don't think the wider board helps as far as footing and actually makes it difficult to clean the rocker panel. I had to take into consideration my wife and mother in law (92 yrs old) when getting into the truck. I found a cheap ebay set was the best as it had a lower step height.

In that case the power running boards would be the best solution.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Thanks!

Jako

Reaction score
I should add I don't use the ebay ones anymore as I found sets of OEM for sale on this forum and craigslist. The brackets on the ebay did not hold up well as the finish is peeling off and are rusting.

The backcountry have just replaced the wheel to wheel ones on my Ram. The Backcountry running boards are made of polypropylene or similar material while the wheel to wheel are SS. Both seem to be quality products.
1656122970768.png
1656123000728.png
OEM running boards do pop up every so often at substantial savings. Both sets took some cleaning to restore a "new look".

see post #9 for various factors to consider with running boards.
more info

Best of luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread