5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should always get 7 qts back in
According to the stick it's topped up. I've poured in 7 quarts before and it's over the hash marks. One of three things is happening or a combination of those things

1) The oil doesn't completely drain from the engine
2) The dipstick is only so accurate
3) The oil containers are slightly overfilled

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to the stick it's topped up. I've poured in 7 quarts before and it's over the hash marks. One of three things is happening or a combination of those things

1) The oil doesn't completely drain from the engine
2) The dipstick is only so accurate
3) The oil containers are slightly overfilled
When checking you oil level, is it before or after starting the engine to circulate it through oil filter and pump?

Derek916

Reaction score
Following up on my MFT tail gate issue. The dealer said they were going to submit a warranty claim to have the tailgate repainted since the paint came off due to the alignment issue. Three weeks later and it has still not been authorized by Mopar. How long should I have to wait?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to swapping my steering wheel to the limited wheel. Now it matches my limited center console I swapped out awhile back.
The whole process took about 3 hours and that included swapping all the trim pieces and radio controllers on the steering wheel.
My leather wheel was really starting to show some wear on top after only 3 years (first pic).

PXL_20220511_141812585.jpg PXL_20220511_141754305.jpg PXL_20220511_133053206.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got around to swapping my steering wheel to the limited wheel. Now it matches my limited center console I swapped out awhile back.
The whole process took about 3 hours and that included swapping all the trim pieces and radio controllers on the steering wheel.
My leather wheel was really starting to show some wear on top after only 3 years (first pic).

View attachment 129206 View attachment 129207 View attachment 129208
Kind of looks like built up grease. How often did you clean it?

Kaderast

Reaction score
Finally ordered my nerf bars this weekend, found the n-Fab nerf RS bars for $30 off through Napa Auto (less than $375 all in), bought them online with free shipping, arrived next day - solid build and 30 minutes to install, will post more pics tomorrow (ignore the dirty truck - 2 miles of gravel roads on the way home makes it a chore to keep clean 😂)
Exact same bars I have. Mine are a year old, and starting to show a little bit of rust, but not bad. Had Westin bars on my old Silverado and they were almost rusted out after two years.

Also, I think we have the same cat too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took her in for the Mopar 40k mile Maximum Care service today
- Engine oil, filter and lube
- Replace air filter
- Spark plugs
- Multi-Point Inspection
- Top off fluids

And she got some new shoes
- Nitto Recon Grappler A/T LT285/55R22
View attachment 129236
View attachment 129237
I hope you didn't pay for that especially the spark plugs change. These trucks use platinum plugs that are good for 100K miles. And since there are 16 of them.......

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 129206 View attachment 129207 View attachment 129208
Do you have part numbers for the swap?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for the swap?
Indigo/frost steering wheel - 6XR992C5AA
Indigo/frost insert - 7AW00TX7AA

I scored a brand new steering wheel on marketplace for $100 which is the only reason I did the swap. I paid $200 for the tiny little instert at the bottom of the steering wheel 😬. Crazy!!

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should always get 7 qts back in
It's strange to me because when I changed my oil for the first time on my ram, it sat in my driveway for about a week (drove my charger instead) then I pulled the plugged and only got about 6 qt out of it.

Then when I refilled it with new oil, same 6 qt to fill it, according to the dip stick. After the oil change. I drove it around the block to warm the engine, and checked the stick again..and it was still filled after the 6 qt. I was

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking sunscreen. It can do a number on leather.
I never use sunscreen and was always careful about using sanitizer then touching the wheel. The leather on the wheel that came factory was def softer and thinner than the leather that comes on the steering wheels now.
I have seen other guys post on here and they were having the same issue with theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread