5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

mike146

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Rebel grill, but really think they should have included the sport good in the BTS models. As soon as I heard about the Navy BTS production run, I was working with local dealers to secure one. Being retired Navy just seemwd right. I wouldn't own a Ram if it wasn't for the BTS.
LOL... The front grill is one of the top reasons for getting the Rebel for me. Also leather seating. But thats the great thing about the RAM trucks...many different ways to build them and make them just the way you like it.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never liked the Rebel grill on the last generation, but I do like it on this one. I would actually prefer the TRX style grill on my Rebel even more, because the lower curved section is more towards the bottom with the RAM name above it, rather than below it.

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Loaded up one of my bikes for Winter storage. I don't have enough space for all of my toys so in Winter, I have to put a few of them off-site @ friend's houses who have more space than me:
TkHeUdO.jpg
Stgce2Y.jpg
7t3FgZQ.jpg
87-91 K100? Looks very nice 👍

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Udder just doesn’t fit well in that (tiny) space, such that it’s compressed and ineffective once you get the filter unscrewed. It worked for the initial drip, but so does a plastic bag. It just didn’t catch half of the oil that came out after the filter detached.
I’ve been punching a hole in the bottom of the filter and letting it drain into a ziplock bag before unscrewing the filter works well.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took about 6 hours and yes, worth it. Not for the untooled and a tip i can give is when removing the upper bumper cover pieces is press down in the corner on the inside corner of the bracket that it attaches to inside the fender well. I wish i would have took a pic when i had the AH HA moment to figure that out. PM me your number and I can talk you through it. The rest is what it is. The 10mm bolt there isn’t in the instructions either. It is INVOLVED, so be prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once installed, the wiring and relay mounting is another deal altogether, ill take some pics and post what i did tomorrow.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made a mess in the garage. If using a fumoto valve, make sure it's fully closed. If the plastic clip won't snap in right, it's not closed. I thought I was closed, but couldn't quite get the little plastic clip installed. Figured I just didn't have clip lined up right. It took me a little while the first time I used it to get it snapped in. Prior to this I didn't make any mess with oil change. Ended up with about 4qts of Mobil1 on the floor. Wasn't sure how much I had lost, so ran to store and grabbed 7 more quarts and a bag of oil dry. Used the whole bag of oil dry. Picture is the second application of oil dry after scooping up the fully saturated first layer. Rotates my tires as well, before making a mess with oil.
PXL_20211224_235846608.jpg

Also got my Christmas present to myself. There is a Ram jacket like this I would have preferred, but they didn't have the size I need.
PXL_20211225_000802747.jpg

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I followed the example of others, and made a platform for our two dogs.

The impetus for this was a recent trip. Up until today, we always folded up the seats and put their dog beds on the floor. But I’m this trip, I realized it’d be nice for the dogs to see out the window(at least Addie, pictured here; the other one is a little pipsqueak). It also be nice to have some interior storage. This accomplishes both.

The platform dimensions are 60x30.5”, and this worked out perfectly. At the front and back of the platform are 2x4s, 56” long. This adds stiffness, and also keeps the platform level at the back of the seat. The legs at 12 5/8” long, and installed with hinges on top of the front 2x4.

The platform is 19/32” plywood. I could have saved money and weight with thinner plywood. I was concerned it wouldn’t be stiff enough, but that was before I got the idea for the front and back 2x4s, so if I were to do it over, I would go thinner.

I used both carpet and carpet padding to make the platform more comfortable for the dogs. For road trips, we’ll still bring their beds, but this is fine for short trips to the park, vet, etc.

I will probably wrap the legs in carpet for aesthetic reasons

4D179140-22FC-4B3B-965D-3C72AE0D23DE.jpeg
A33B8837-C9BC-42F8-ACFB-DBF6EDE71DBA.jpeg

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took about 6 hours and yes, worth it. Not for the untooled and a tip i can give is when removing the upper bumper cover pieces is press down in the corner on the inside corner of the bracket that it attaches to inside the fender well. I wish i would have took a pic when i had the AH HA moment to figure that out. PM me your number and I can talk you through it. The rest is what it is. The 10mm bolt there isn’t in the instructions either. It is INVOLVED, so be prepared

Once installed, the wiring and relay mounting is another deal altogether, ill take some pics and post what i did tomorrow.

IMG_2893.jpg
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

VdQ8KpN.jpg
YwSzeAd.jpg
Pr0hjTU.jpg
I'm going to turn you in to the ASPCR...American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Rams for not parking your truck in a garage during inclement weather. No Ram truck should spend the night outside in freezing rain, especially on Christmas Day. :LOL:

Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to turn you in to the ASPCR...American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Rams for not parking your truck in a garage during inclement weather. No Ram truck should spend the night outside in freezing rain, especially on Christmas Day. :LOL:
Up here in Vermont, most people park their cars outside. Garages are reserved for fire wood. Besides, I don’t have a garage. 700 square foot house on the lake, I only have 2 parking spots. I think only one house on my street has a single car garage.

funny enough, I actual roll my motoryccles into the basement every winter. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Users who are viewing this thread