5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s in your RamBox?

TimG

Reaction score
Man, that would be cool. I don't know if it could be made out of anything but steel though. I think Kydex or other composites would be too flexible and create a warping issue under weight. But, I really like that concept!

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Well, traded in my 3rd gen rust bucket for a 4th gen with ramboxes. Started throwing everything that used to be under my rear seat into them +some. Inside is now empty except for my pintle hitch and standard receiver with 3 different ball sizes. I need to do some organizing and optimizing.

Here's the list so far
Passenger side:
Hitch mounted truck bed extender
Adjustable cargo bar/bed clamp
HD tow strap
Misc drill bits (3 different sets)
Towel

Driver side:
16' jumper cables
4 light duty ratchet straps
4 heavier duty ratchet straps
Like 6 pairs of gloves
Blanket

Planning to add a portable air compressor and build insterts out of plywood to organize stuff.

Really wanted to find a crew cab with 6'4" rambox bed but settled on the 5'7"

Attachments

• KIMG1139.jpg
    KIMG1139.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • KIMG1141.jpg
    KIMG1141.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, traded in my 3rd gen rust bucket for a 4th gen with ramboxes. Started throwing everything that used to be under my rear seat into them +some. Inside is now empty except for my pintle hitch and standard receiver with 3 different ball sizes. I need to do some organizing and optimizing.

Here's the list so far
Passenger side:
Hitch mounted truck bed extender
Adjustable cargo bar/bed clamp
HD tow strap
Misc drill bits (3 different sets)
Towel

Driver side:
16' jumper cables
4 light duty ratchet straps
4 heavier duty ratchet straps
Like 6 pairs of gloves
Blanket

Planning to add a portable air compressor and build insterts out of plywood to organize stuff.

Really wanted to find a crew cab with 6'4" rambox bed but settled on the 5'7"

Most importantly in that picture: Go Hawks!

sgk

Reaction score
I see the photo with the jerry can, makes me wanna ask, Can you carry a jerrycan with gas in the ramboxes or is that considered a trunk?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see the photo with the jerry can, makes me wanna ask, Can you carry a jerrycan with gas in the ramboxes or is that considered a trunk?

I'm no attorney but since the RamBox is outside of the cab and there is no easy way for fumes to get into the passenger compartment, there should be no issue. Most car trunks are not isolated enough from the cabin so I don't see how this would be comparable.

On the flip side, unless you pop the drain grommet out of the bottom of the RamBox it could build up enough fumes to be interesting. I'm envisioning a spark from the electric lock and then you're posting about where to get a 2nd hand RamBox door.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no attorney but since the RamBox is outside of the cab and there is no easy way for fumes to get into the passenger compartment, there should be no issue. Most car trunks are not isolated enough from the cabin so I don't see how this would be comparable.

On the flip side, unless you pop the drain grommet out of the bottom of the RamBox it could build up enough fumes to be interesting. I'm envisioning a spark from the electric lock and then you're posting about where to get a 2nd hand RamBox door.
Aside from the whole gas can question, I wonder if the RamBox is really airtight. We all hope it's watertight, but airtight is another story. Maybe someone with a RamBox-equipped truck could take a quick peek and see if they are vented, aside from the drain plugs.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aside from the whole gas can question, I wonder if the RamBox is really airtight. We all hope it's watertight, but airtight is another story. Maybe someone with a RamBox-equipped truck could take a quick peek and see if they are vented, aside from the drain plugs.

Granted the Auto show model was pre-prod but it was very similar to the pre-2019's and looked just like the few delivered shots so far. The bottom and sides are solid except for the rubber drain gromemts in the bottom (for when the beer's all gone). The lid appears solid so the only non-airtightness would be slippage around the lid gasket and within the lid itself through the lock assembly.

Still tight enough IMHO to blow your lid off but I don't want to mythbust my own RamBox.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the gas can is empty. I have a toy hauler trailer with a 30 gal gas tank. When I almost ran out of gas towing once, I realized the only way to transfer fuel was via a dish pan. So I picked up a gas can

The2ndlife

Reaction score
Waiting to get my truck with the rambox to be delivered, and just wanted to check how you guys utilize your rambox for...I’m thinking to load my fishing gears on at least one side..

Users who are viewing this thread