5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Plow Mount for 2019 5th Gen Ram 1500 (New Body Style With Splayed Frame Rails

josh_4184

Reaction score
When looking at the pictures you posted I noticed a round pipe/bar that it looks like the dealer installed over the blade and painted black. What is the purpose of this? Is it to avoid blade wear or scratching concrete as a normal blade does? Does this create an issue of not removing the snow and packing it more? Or is this mainly used on gravel drive to avoid digging into drive? Just curious.
Yes its a pipe, they call it a yard guard that bolts over the top of my cutting edge. I have a gravel driveway and this helps save my stone until the ground freezes then I take it off. Works way better than shoes as those just tend to dig in an make grooves/trenches where the shoes touch. If will back snow more and does not back drag very well with it on, but one of the reasons I got the plow myself was I was tired of having to buy a 1000 worth of stone every year since every plow company I used pushed half of it off into my ditches. I would fight with them and would hage to go to court etc. wasn't worth it anymore. Way happier now to do it myself. If I had a paved driveway would not need or use it but a life saver for gravel. also works great when pushing piles on my yard without tearing it up.

67Woody

Reaction score
Very nice, how would you say the falcon shocks handle the plow? How do you like the falcons in general?

I ended up ordering a set of falcons a few weeks ago, I'm debating running them at medium or level setting!
I have not noticed any harsh ride due to the Falcons. I want to say they raised the front end like 1 3/4" and give the truck a level look now. The one time I did drive the truck on the Hwy at 65 mph with the plow on for about 10 miles I did note on the front end it felt like you could feel the dips in the road more. Just a little more bouncy and I would not recommend to leave that extra 450 lbs out on the front end when not actually plowing. I also got the Falcons because I tow around a 22' Ranger boat in the summer. The factory shocks handled the load fine, just wanted a little more when loaded down. Falcon has a great video online for installation, hardest part for me was compressing the spring enough to swap the shock. I just did it with a rented spring compressor from a local parts store. Also even though my truck was only 1 1/2 year old the nut on top of the shock arm was rusted making removal fun! Soak everything in liquid wrench before hand!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not noticed any harsh ride due to the Falcons. I want to say they raised the front end like 1 3/4" and give the truck a level look now. The one time I did drive the truck on the Hwy at 65 mph with the plow on for about 10 miles I did note on the front end it felt like you could feel the dips in the road more. Just a little more bouncy and I would not recommend to leave that extra 450 lbs out on the front end when not actually plowing. I also got the Falcons because I tow around a 22' Ranger boat in the summer. The factory shocks handled the load fine, just wanted a little more when loaded down. Falcon has a great video online for installation, hardest part for me was compressing the spring enough to swap the shock. I just did it with a rented spring compressor from a local parts store. Also even though my truck was only 1 1/2 year old the nut on top of the shock arm was rusted making removal fun! Soak everything in liquid wrench before hand!

Very cool, I'm pretty excited to get my falcons on now! How would you say the towing experience is AFTER the falcons?

My guesstimate is that the knob settings probably go like this
Setting 1 - normal
Setting 2 - with 600-900lbs of weight in the bed
Setting 3 - 900+/towing

Is it something like that or am I off?

67Woody

Reaction score
Very cool, I'm pretty excited to get my falcons on now! How would you say the towing experience is AFTER the falcons?

My guesstimate is that the knob settings probably go like this
Setting 1 - normal
Setting 2 - with 600-900lbs of weight in the bed
Setting 3 - 900+/towing

Is it something like that or am I off?
I would guess that to be about right. Have not had the chance to tow the boat since the shocks were installed. I didn't get mine installed until fall and at that time I switch from fishing to hunting.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping this thread I finally got my Western HTS installed today, very happy how it turned out. Truck drives great with it just need some snow. Haven't had much so far in my area that averages 150"+ a year. Thanks to all that took the plunge before me.
Looks nice!

Reaction score
Good a used series 1 snoway installed. Look how far out in front of the truck it is...
c66eab78237fd85f6db9b5b16f5956fd.jpg
e113600d378723714375793232dfd58a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
If you don't mind me asking - how much did you pay for that? I'm not too terribly far away (a few hour drive) and was considering? I currently just bought a DK2 Everest but I'm not sure if I want to keep that or get something a little more robust.

grimloktt

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking - how much did you pay for that? I'm not too terribly far away (a few hour drive) and was considering? I currently just bought a DK2 Everest but I'm not sure if I want to keep that or get something a little more robust.
$4K plus $450 install. Very experienced company. I got there at 0600 and left around 1400.

I just used it last couple days and it worked fantastically. Frankly,I don't know how people can plow without having the down force option.

They have a website with all available plows.
d2903b5d1939e7d9d4c0ddc6fe3f1171.jpg

Reaction score
$4K plus $450 install. Very experienced company. I got there at 0600 and left around 1400.

I just used it last couple days and it worked fantastically. Frankly,I don't know how people can plow without having the down force option.

They have a website with all available plows.
d2903b5d1939e7d9d4c0ddc6fe3f1171.jpg

Nice. Looking good in that thing!

doolin64

Reaction score

I have to agree. I had a Boss HTX on my F150. It would raise up from time to time depending on the snow I was pushing. Great plow but the following year they released the same plow with down force and LED lights. Always wished I had that downforce option. Unfortunately I couldn't retro fit like I could the LEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread