5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird goings on

UnclJim

Reaction score
Been having an issue for a couple weeks now.
Turn truck off and I get a pop in speakers if radio isnt' shut off. Sometimes the truck will go dead upon shutting off, open close reopen door and truck is alive again. On a rare occassion truck will be dead in the morning i will need to open it with key and after a minute or so it come alive and alarm goes off. Also I will need to reset climate pre settings, as well as turn fogs back on after most shut offs . Also surround sound will be turned to off.
Truck still has driver presets as well as remembers my cell phone. Any ideas?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe get a new battery. Or have yours tested. Or just get a new, better one.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been having an issue for a couple weeks now.
Turn truck off and I get a pop in speakers if radio isnt' shut off. Sometimes the truck will go dead upon shutting off, open close reopen door and truck is alive again. On a rare occassion truck will be dead in the morning i will need to open it with key and after a minute or so it come alive and alarm goes off. Also I will need to reset climate pre settings, as well as turn fogs back on after most shut offs . Also surround sound will be turned to off.
Truck still has driver presets as well as remembers my cell phone. Any ideas?
RF hub got wet from leaking rear window frame?

HemiDude

Reaction score
I see in your sig that you have added a lot of electrical goodies, any chance your problem coincided with the the timing of one of those? Outside if that, I would suggest checking for loose connections at the fuse box in the engine compartment, as well as the ground connections at the frame.

UnclJim

Reaction score
I see in your sig that you have added a lot of electrical goodies, any chance your problem coincided with the the timing of one of those? Outside if that, I would suggest checking for loose connections at the fuse box in the engine compartment, as well as the ground connections at the frame.
everything runs independent of the electrical system of the truck.

UnclJim

Reaction score
It ended up being the ground connection there was an odd upward slant to the battery post I had to get small lead shims to put in at top of terminal connection to keep terminal from walking up.
Thanks all for the input!!

6of36

Reaction score
It ended up being the ground connection there was an odd upward slant to the battery post I had to get small lead shims to put in at top of terminal connection to keep terminal from walking up.
Thanks all for the input!!
Yep. Bad grounds are common and troublesome.

Users who are viewing this thread