5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Floor Liners Suck

john l.

Reaction score
Here is the fitment of the rough country set I bought for mine. Price was 150 or so. By far worth it in my opinion.
Nice. Looks like they were made by WeatherTec, with the box for the decal to sit in.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Nice. Looks like they were made by WeatherTec, with the box for the decal to sit in.

From what I've seen, the weather tec set doesnt travel as far up the seat mount covers. Or along the sill. Material seems thicker over a older set of weathertec that I had. Its possible that RC copies their design. However exacutes it better.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WeatherTech liners are junk, last set I had anyway (look like OP's). Husky's WeatherBeaters are slightly better IMO... but the absolute best are Husky's X-Act Contour. They should be coming out with them for 2019s any time now... actual rubber (or synthetic rubber) liners that look, work, and feel great. Not plastic garbage.

revolutionz

Reaction score
Husky liners ftw. I have the weatherbeater ones now, the fit is perfect but I'm not a big fan of the harder plastic style. I had the X-Act ones in my Silverado, those were the softer rubber type. Husky said they're coming out with the x-act for the 2019's, and I'll be buying those when they're released. Will never own weathertech's again after having them in my Silverado.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very disappointed in mine. The replacement was as bad as the original. Thin, flimsy, covers trim, does not fit well.

View attachment 5091
LOL this is not normal. I have them in my 19 Ram. I love them. They fit perfect and are thick. I have always used Weather Tech and never had any issues.

Boxxer

Reaction score
Agreed on the recommendation of the Rough Country mats...bought them the day after I bought my truck...very happy with the quality and fit of them.

Bry442k5

Reaction score
I have the husky Liners in my 2019 ram laramie and I love them. Great fit. I recommend those.

Ramjack

Reaction score
I like the inside of my vehicle to be quiet. If I move my shoe across the floor mat, I don't want it to sound like a shoe dragging across a hard plastic floormat. Sounds like the Weathertech's would do this. I prefer the thick rubber sound/feel.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I like the inside of my vehicle to be quiet. If I move my shoe across the floor mat, I don't want it to sound like a shoe dragging across a hard plastic floormat. Sounds like the Weathertech's would do this. I prefer the thick rubber sound/feel.

I have Weathertech in my 2015 Tahoe. Based on my experience with them, I’ll look for a alternative when I get my truck. I do t mind the hard plastic feel so much but I hate the way the edges curl up - looks like crap. When I called their customer service, they told me to let them sit in the sun to become pliable. Tried that - didn’t work. There has to be a better product.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
If you are looking for a good alternative, I can definitely recommend Maxliner floor mats. This is the second seg I've owned in 2 different vehicles and I have been really impressed. They fit great, dont move, and they have a good texture! 20181013_193014.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Surprised about all the negative Weathertech comments. I've had them in previous vehicles, and liners for the back of SUVs (currently have one in my wife's Lexus) with great results.
Current one on the Lexus cargo area fits perfect and it's holding up great. Nice thick material and looks tailor-made. Also had it in my BMW X5 with similar results.

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
Amazon currently has the Husky Weatherbeaters for $80/each plus an additional 10% off if you order front and back separately. Comes out to $144+taxes total for the set. Just ordered mine today and will receive them by Saturday :)

gtd887a

Reaction score
I'll post this here as well. My Husky Xact front and regular rears arrived today, and look great. The Xacts have a great texture, rubberized.

Attachments

• 20181203_214740.jpg
    20181203_214740.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 315
  • 20181203_214626.jpg
    20181203_214626.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 311

Lateralus

Reaction score
I bought a set of Weathertech liners once, and returned them immediately... crap
I just put a set of Husky Xact in my 1500 and they fit and look great. I won't buy any other brand.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maxliner and Rough Country seem to use the same supplier so no real difference in product there, but Maxliner does offer a Military and First Responder discount.

1543963917273.png

a0369d_in.jpg

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked for floor mats to be included with my truck purchase. Mopar floor mats were on back order so I agreed to Weathertech floor liners. They are HORRIBLE!!!. Very thin plastic. Doesn't even fit well. Covers the door sill. just not happy. For those that own them do you have any opinions?
Get the Mopar mats when they are available. They're excellent.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People, please stop buying the garbage plastic liners. If you want something quality, aka rubber, get the Husky X-Act Contour liners.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People, please stop buying the garbage plastic liners. If you want something quality, aka rubber, get the Husky X-Act Contour liners.
I'm very happy with the fit coverage and quality of the RAM mats. I was surprised at how high quality they are. Besides the dealer threw them in after I bugged them about it.

Users who are viewing this thread