5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Floor Liners Suck

rrbhokies

Reaction score
So what are my options if I have the Crew Cab with Under Rear Seat storage? Weathertech asks the question and I guess has different rear mats that are shorter to accomodate for the storage bin. MOPAR only seems to sell one set which is Part Number 82215321AC. Will this mat fit or do they fit or does MOPAR not make a mat that fits with the storage bin?

jimk hunt

Reaction score
So what are my options if I have the Crew Cab with Under Rear Seat storage? Weathertech asks the question and I guess has different rear mats that are shorter to accomodate for the storage bin. MOPAR only seems to sell one set which is Part Number 82215321AC. Will this mat fit or do they fit or does MOPAR not make a mat that fits with the storage bin?

View attachment 30190

View attachment 30191
Ram slush mats will make access to the rear cargo storage difficult. I just left the original mats in the rear.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Ram slush mats will make access to the rear cargo storage difficult. I just left the original mats in the rear.
I was referring to the under seat compartment, the little foldable bar that you can put up and down to create a bin area under the seat. Do the slush mats interfere with that bar? I do agree that any mat will limit access to the under the floor storage bins. That is definitely a downside to any mats.

Another reason I'd like the all weather mats in the back is because with the carpeted mats, anything you have on the floor will simply slide around from side to side in the back. The carpeted mats act more like an ice rink back there. I'm hoping the rubber mats will give it more traction so things like boxes grip the rubber and won't slide around as much.

wriver82

Reaction score
After coming across this thread I bought the husky liners (x-act contour) over the weathertech. Up front they fit great but the rear fits like garbage. It doesn't lay flat on the floor. There are 2 very noticeable bumps (about 1" high each bump) in the mat. My wife has the weathertech mats in her Honda Odyssey and they fit great but they are more "plasticy" rather than rubbery as others have said.
I contacted Husky and they asked me to send pictures (which I did). Hopefully they send me one that fits or refund my money.
I just installed the same mats Saturday, I have to say they fit and look great, I did have the bumps I think you're talking about but looked it there the other day and the mat is now flat. Did husky get back to you??

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Interested debate--Mopar rubber or Husky plastic ones.
Hands down the newly designed rubber slush mats from Mopar are seriously impressive and a fantastic price. I just picked up my set for my 5th gen and i love them. Check them out everyone. They are comfortable with zero slip. The worst part of weather tech and even husky is winter. When its freezing and the plastic freezes mixed with some snow on your boots the feet tend to slide around on the mat. Not with the mopar mat

KSOTI

Reaction score
RAM slush mats are awesome!!!! So glad they came in my truck! I've had mixed results with weather tech and husky.........

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM slush mats are awesome!!!! So glad they came in my truck! I've had mixed results with weather tech and husky.........

Same here .. had WT in the Durango R/T and couldn't stand how flimsy they were .. they were always curling up.

EDIT: took some photos so others could see what the RAM ones look like from the factory -- so much nicer (build and fit) than the RAM BOXes :( -- sorry, they are a bit dirty already

That are made of rubber, not molded plastic .. and YES those plates should say things like "RAM" or "LIMITED" or "LARAMIE"
I'd like to get a set of those LED ones one day ..

Last edited:

andymlow

Reaction score
Anyone try the Maxspider? I've seen them in Teslas and they were impressive.

Look very luxurious but tough and impervious. Unlikely to slide around and good coverage. Ordered a set from AutoAnything. Will report back when I get them.

Kelan

Reaction score
Anyone try the Maxspider? I've seen them in Teslas and they were impressive.

Look very luxurious but tough and impervious. Unlikely to slide around and good coverage. Ordered a set from AutoAnything. Will report back when I get them.

I had these in my toy truck (GMC Canyon Denali) - I loved the look of them, fit and the texture. Velcro-like material on the bottom also kept them from moving around. My only hesitation about buying them again is I never felt they got fully clean. Even after washing them, they always appeared faded from the dirt/sand that was ground in. But admittedly I should have washed them more often.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I also have WT and agree they are thin and hard.

but it did say to trim for the door sill, which I did but not the best.

probably look into getting husky.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned many sets of weathertech floor liners over the years, for many different vehicles. They used to be the industry standard for fitment and quality. But that quality isn't there anymore. They feel less substantial. The edges curl. Even the fit isn't as precise as they used to be. I will never buy another one set of their floor liners. I had the Mopar all-weather floor mats in my 2017 Rebel. They looked great and were nice and supple. But they didn't provide complete cover, and dirt/water would make it to the carpet around the edges of the mats. I'm so happy that they redesigned them for the 5th gens. Complete coverage of the carpeted areas keeps dirt and water from reaching the areas I wanted to protect. I have no experience with Husky, or any of the other brands mentioned (other than WT of course). So I can't say the Mopar mats are better than those other brands. But I can say they are a huge improvement over the 4th gen versions, and so much better than weathertech. And you can get the from Amazon for under $120.

andymlow

Reaction score
I have used the Maxpider mats for almost a year now. I really like the look and they are fairly protective. I do t think they would retain a large quantity of liquid as the lip is small but for sandy Florida they have been good. They seem to be holding up well. Going to buy a set for my sons Volvo XC60.

Kelan

Reaction score

jbsbama

Reaction score
I asked for floor mats to be included with my truck purchase. Mopar floor mats were on back order so I agreed to Weathertech floor liners. They are HORRIBLE!!!. Very thin plastic. Doesn't even fit well. Covers the door sill. just not happy. For those that own them do you have any opinions?
I had Weathertech in my last Ram and they were aweful. Harder plastic that doesn’t fit great. The Mopar mats are really nice. They’re a much thicker rubber material that fits much better and are easier to clean.

Users who are viewing this thread